Knife throwing

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Knife throwing

Post by KelitaArcher »

I do. I have a small collection of pocket knives and am also hoping to get some actual throwing knives soon, I don't do it very much (knife throwing) and I only do it for fun and to try and whoop my brother. :) It's fun....

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true."
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I've never tried to before, but it looks fun. :) I'd have to make sure I did it in a safe place, I think. Do you normally target trees?
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Yes... and make sure all your little siblings are a good distance away! ;) We don't want any accidents happening....
No, I don't target trees, it dulls the blade a bit more than I like. And usually the knives don't even go in like I want 'em. :) As I said, they're just pocket knives, the blades are maybe 5 inches long, they're probably not even meant to be used the way I use them. ;)

Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Haha, I don't have any little siblings, just bigger ones that'd want to join me! \:D/
So....what do you target? :-k
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

From piano to knife throwing? You have some pretty diverse interests. :D I have a friend who has throwing knives, but I've never gotten into it.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I have never tried knife throwing, but it sounds pretty cool. :D Maybe I'll try it one day...
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I just learned last year...it was fun!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I threw my knife at a couple of trees this past vacation. That would be an awesome skill to master.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I've never tried, but 2 of my brothers have throwing knives, and they use them quite a bit. It looks like fun, I've just never tried it yet :)
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Angel wrote:Haha, I don't have any little siblings, just bigger ones that'd want to join me! \:D/
So....what do you target? :-k
I make my own targets out of cardboard or styrofoam (or just 'steal' my younger brother's that he already fixed up! Bwahaha...(not really, actually, even if I do decide to use them, he doesn't really mind either way. As long as I don't use his bow and arrows without his permission he's fine! :- ) but sometimes I just see how far I can throw them across our back 'yard' area in the grass.

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:22 pm --
odysseyfan1 wrote:From piano to knife throwing? You have some pretty diverse interests. :D I have a friend who has throwing knives, but I've never gotten into it.
LOL. I get that a lot... though, sometimes my dad acts like I'm interested in... too much. He wasn't all that excited about me learning plumbing... LOL. You ain't seen nothin', brother, let me tell you. LOL. :) ;)

I only know a few people who have actual knives specifically designed for throwing. Any kind of knife around my neck of the woods is a necessity as long as it's at least 4 or 5 inches long, the blade, that is. My uncle probably has some throwing knives, I'll have to ask him because he was in law enforcement and has just about every kind of weapon you can think of.

-- Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:24 pm --
ric wrote:I threw my knife at a couple of trees this past vacation. That would be an awesome skill to master.
TRULY. :) I don't know much, but if I had more time, I would have mastered it by now. It's fun...

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Never done knife throwing but when I'm cleaning deer and it does cut right (you know a big chuck of hair goes all over the meat) I feel like throwing my knife. (at the deer that is)

Or when I clean/flay fish and they let their wastes out on my cutting board!!!

-- 08 Aug 2011 15:43 --

Never done knife throwing but when I'm cleaning deer and it does cut right (you know a big chuck of hair goes all over the meat) I feel like throwing my knife. (at the deer that is)

Or when I clean/flay fish and they let their wastes out on my cutting board!!! :lol:
KelitaArcher wrote:I'll have to ask him because he was in law enforcement and has just about every kind of weapon you can think of.
AK47's, dynamite, atomic bombs....
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Yes AK47's. (Oh and one of my neighbors owns a couple of those. They're Mormons. :) ) No atomic bombs (that I know of, at least! ;) but probably at least one stick of dynamite. ;)

XD about the deer and fish. I know what you mean. We tried cutting into a dead, pregnant possum once... yuck...don't use your nice knives for that kind of thing... :shame: And the fish, yeah, that's always fun too. We like to try and get the eyeballs.

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

I've seen baby deer, even twins, in a mother deer! That makes me kinda sad! :( But we get road kill. I know that sounds disgusting but as soon as its hit the sheriff's office calls us. (unless it was hit by a semi lol) So instead of a bullet its a vehicle! So I have been up at the strangest hours picking up deer, gutting them, and skinning them!
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Wow, sounds like fun... hehe. There was this lady I read about who would take roadkill, skin it and all and then serve it for dinner. Once she had a "city slicker" as she called the woman out to visit and the lady complimented on how she couldn't find one piece of shot in the meat, and however she managed to shoot one like that. The other woman said "Hwy 413. Have another piece." LOL. Nice. ;)

So the county hires you?

We don't get a whole lot of roadkill on our road though we do get a good share of snakes that didn't make it. Several rattlesnakes. We tried to get the rattles off of this really big one several years ago, but before we had time to run up to the house and get a knife, somebody else had gotten them before us. :(

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

No, the county doesn't hire us! We have to be put on a waiting listen so that when people call in about hitting a deer we (or whoever is next on the list) get called immediately. Now the deer that lay there a few days or hours, the county comes along and puts 'em in a truck and takes them to the dump.

One year we were on the top of the list and we seriously did 20 deer that year!
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Oh, I see. That is certainly interesting. People around here grab up any roadkill (anything bigger than a armadillo or dog, unless it's a rattlesnake) usually under an hour after it kicks the bucket.