The ToO's Fantasy Football League

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
The ToO's Fantasy Football League

Post by American Eagle »

If you like [American] football at all, then you should totally play fantasy football. \:D/ I'm going to again play this year.

Is anyone else interested? We could create our own ToO league...
Last edited by American Eagle on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

I think I'm going to pick a centaur to be my main QB this time, and a few more minotaurs as linemen. The orcs kept getting past the line of scrimmage to the quarterback last year. :?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I've done it before. Is there anyway we could set it up on here so that I don't have to give you all my personal information? Since you could be an ax murderer for all I know. Not that I think you are, but still. And Invisible Ninja. You should really check and see if any Oliphaunts are available for running backs. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Knight Fisher wrote:I've done it before. Is there anyway we could set it up on here so that I don't have to give you all my personal information? Since you could be an ax murderer for all I know. Not that I think you are, but still. And Invisible Ninja. You should really check and see if any Oliphaunts are available for running backs. \:D/

Yeah do we have to put our real info? if not i'll join :D

I would get a Balrog for a quarterback myself. They need Gatorade often though :(
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Invisible Ninja wrote:I think I'm going to pick a centaur to be my main QB this time, and a few more minotaurs as linemen. The orcs kept getting past the line of scrimmage to the quarterback last year. :?
:hilarious:

Am I seriously the only one who made the connection?
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Do you mean we’d use some official tracker of something?
If you need to create an account, you don’t have to give your real info if you don’t want. Just use your ToO name as the name and stuff. That’s what I did for the Fantasy AFL. ;)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well if we can setup a way to do it anonymously. And we don't have a set time for a draft. (Cause that is not going to work for me.) I'm all for it.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Ah I didn’t think about that. Yeah, the draft will be tough for me too if it has to be on a schedule…

Edit:

Unless there’s a site where we can do it like the AFL one. Where we don’t have a league-wide draft, we all just pick who we want and see whose team does better. (Meaning people can have duplicate players.)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Well we could just do it far enough in advance to just do its your turn you have a day to pick. Or we could use a scoring system like nfl.com's. And just weekly rotate who figures out the scores for the teams. Which in my opinion would be the easiest way to do a thetoo.com league.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I don’t know what you’re talking about because I’ve never played Fantasy NFL before. :P
But if American Eagle can set something up I will gladly participate if I’m able.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Sweet, a number of you are interested! :) Keeping everything anonymous is fine, but using a website is so much easier than trying to score things by ourselves. Plus, there's a lot of features with places like ESPN Fantasy Football. I'm going to set up a league.

1. Go to ESPN.com/ Fantasy (click that).
2. At the very top right corner of the page is the word "Register". Click it and a pop-up will appear.
3. There are three steps. Basically, you'll need a legit email and password. Everything else you can make up anonymously. (Although, for your username, you might want to pick a name similar to your ToO username to let everyone know who you are.)
4. PM me your username and email address (or post it here, if you want). I'll add you to the league.

If you already have an ESPN account, just PM me your username and email address.

I know this may seem like a lot, but from experience, it's so much fun! :D Each week you have a starting lineup that competes against another team. If your players do well, you get more points and can beat the other team. Standings are updated weekly.

We will have an automatic draft on August 25. That means we can select a list of "favorite" players, and then the computer will draft our teams based on our preferences. We may not get all the players we went. No one needs to be online at that time.

If anyone has any questions, let me know! Sign up now! \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

You want my email address?!? :o Sorry but that is classified information. :noway: Seeing as it has my name. No way I'm giving that out. Wouldn't just the account name work?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Just create a new Gmail/Yahoo/whatever email address just for this purpose. :-
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Laura Ingalls wrote:Just create a new Gmail/Yahoo/whatever email address just for this purpose. :-
Exactly. ;)
Or you have a secondary email that you only use for signing up for stuff and never use personally like I do.

Autodraft is perfect, thanks AE. Signing up now. :D

Edit:

Apparently I have already signed up there. Sending info now. :D

So this goes just by points the players score in games? No stats or anything?
(For example, you wouldn’t want to pick a punter?)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:(For example, you wouldn’t want to pick a punter?)
Punters aren't in the game at all, if I recall.

You'll have a "starting line-up" of 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 2 wide-receivers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker, and 1 team's defense and special teams (which includes the punter, I guess). You'll also have a "bench" that allows you to swap players in and out.

To answer the question, each position gets points for different things. QBs get special points for passing touchdowns, RBs for every yard they run, kickers for field goals, etc.

Once the draft arrives, you'll get a much better understanding. It's all pretty simple. \:D/
Knight Fisher wrote:You want my email address?!? :o Sorry but that is classified information. :noway: Seeing as it has my name. No way I'm giving that out. Wouldn't just the account name work?
Grr... sorry, the game requires some sort of email address. You certainly don't need to give out your personal address... let me PM you with a proposition.

Laura, you posted, so you have to play! ;)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

*checks pm box* It's not that I don't trust you. I am just kinda paranoid I guess. I'll just use my backup I guess.

EDLETO: Anyone else having problems with the CAPTCHA in the registration form? I have been working on it for ages. In Chrome Firefox and IE. Getting really annoyed.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

American Eagle wrote:Laura, you posted, so you have to play! ;)
Fine, if you insist. :noway:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Knight Fisher wrote: EDLETO: Anyone else having problems with the CAPTCHA in the registration form? I have been working on it for ages. In Chrome Firefox and IE. Getting really annoyed.
I have problems with that on practically every website; especially the ToO. I had to try six computers before I could find one that had good enough graphics to see the letters and numbers.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Hugh Bald wrote:
Knight Fisher wrote: EDLETO: Anyone else having problems with the CAPTCHA in the registration form? I have been working on it for ages. In Chrome Firefox and IE. Getting really annoyed.
I have problems with that on practically every website; especially the ToO. I had to try six computers before I could find one that had good enough graphics to see the letters and numbers.
It's not that I couldn't see it. But i put the exact right thing in, in Chrome, Firefox and IE and it still didn't work. :?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

If there is room I will join I love fantasy football! (and basketball and baseball too)

I already have 3 leagues my favorite is in a 6 game league! Look at these players:

QB: Micheal Vick
RB: Jamaal Charles
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB/WR: Darren McFadden
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Pittsburgh Steelers
K: Robbie Gould
BE: Josh Freeman
BE: LeGarrette Blount (I can't decide between him, Joseph Addai or Knowshon Moreno)
BE: Vincent Jackson
BE: Steve Johnson
BE: Mike Wallace
BE: Jermichael Finley
(BTW: I'm not an eagles fan, I'm a Colts fan. It's just the Eagles have good fantasy producers.)