Chickenpox

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Chickenpox

Post by American Eagle »

So I have the chickenpox. \:D/

Have you ever had them?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Ooh. Not fun. I'm sorry. :(

I haven't. But I have gotten the vaccine.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I haven't, but everyone eles in my family has and I have played with my best friend when she had it. Hope you feel better AE

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

ugh...apparently didn't get it as a young child...that stinks, hope you feel better soon!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ugh, so you did get it after all! That's too bad. :(

I had them, as I said before, and it was absolutely horrible! \:D/ Cool oatmeal baths didn't help too much, and I remember just laying on my bed sobbing because I was so miserable. :P
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thanks, guys. I'm leaving with my family after all (no one-man party ;)), so I'll be gone for a few days.
Laura Ingalls wrote:Cool oatmeal baths didn't help too much, and I remember just laying on my bed sobbing because I was so miserable. :P
lol thanks for the encouragement. :P

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I originally didn't get the vaccine either but, then my mom read some article or something about it being significantly worse if you get it as an adult (not to scare you, or anything ;) ) so, I got the vaccine several years ago. Anyway, hope you get better soon. Scratch that - hope you get better very soon. (hehe - 'scratch that' :- )
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Scratch that! \:D/

No, I got the vaccine, and had to watch Jake suffer because he was itching everywhere else. I never thought I would like shots :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

American Eagle wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:Cool oatmeal baths didn't help too much, and I remember just laying on my bed sobbing because I was so miserable. :P
lol thanks for the encouragement. :P
Hehheeh. O:) Actually, I had it the worst in my family - my siblings didn't seem to get it quite as bad. You have some hope. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

I had it when I was really young. I don't know what my mother did to keep me sane during that time.
I hope you get better soon!
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I had them when I was a kid.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I can definitely sympathise with this, AE. I had the chickenpox on my 10th birthday and had a run-in with shingles (the horrifically painful re-incarnation of chickenpox) last summer. :(

Feel better soon! And hopefully, by now, most people you know will have had them already so it won't interfere in social activities too much. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I'm on the computer at my relative's house. I'm covered in pimple-looking dots. It's like puberty all over again. :P Tomorrow it will probably get worse, and maybe Thursday too. We'll see. I am trying hard not to scratch... it's tough. \:D/

Thanks for all your nice comments, friends...

...except you, KBT. :x This is not a joking matter! ;)

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

Try an oatmeal bath, it might help you feel better. Did you get chickenpox on your toung or throat? my brother did and I remeber my mom kept looking down his throat.... Hope you feel better soon!

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Graces4you wrote:Try an oatmeal bath, it might help you feel better. Did you get chickenpox on your toung or throat? my brother did and I remeber my mom kept looking down his throat....
I'll probably have an oatmeal bath tomorrow... for today, a warm shower was good enough.

Ha, down my throat? Sorry, but I'm too afraid to look. \:D/ I do have one in my ear and on my eyelid.

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

American Eagle wrote:
Graces4you wrote:Try an oatmeal bath, it might help you feel better. Did you get chickenpox on your toung or throat? my brother did and I remeber my mom kept looking down his throat....
I'll probably have an oatmeal bath tomorrow... for today, a warm shower was good enough.

Ha, down my throat? Sorry, but I'm too afraid to look. \:D/ I do have one in my ear and on my eyelid.
LOL. If you can't really swallow, maybe you do have chicken pox on your throat :anxious:
Last edited by Graces4you on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I had chicken pox when I was little. Fortunately, because it was so long ago I only have a vague memory of being extremely unhappy and itchy. \:D/ Hope you get better soon!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Graces4you wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

LOL. If you can't really swallow, maybe you do have chicken pox on your throat :anxious:
*is confused* I never said I'm having trouble swallowing... in fact, my eating habits are one of the few things that remain unchanged.

Graces4you
Love to love

Post by Graces4you »

American Eagle wrote:
Graces4you wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

*is confused* I never said I'm having trouble swallowing... in fact, my eating habits are one of the few things that remain unchanged.
I mean if you are having trouble swallowing, you might have chicken pox in your throat.....

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Graces4you wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Graces4you wrote:
American Eagle wrote:

I mean if you are having trouble swallowing, you might have chicken pox in your throat.....
Haha, okay. I'll keep my eye on it... sort of. ;)