The origin of your username

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

American Eagle wrote:These threads are always the best. \:D/
The Kings Daughter wrote:I wanted something to the effect that I was a daughter of the King, I was deciding between Daughter of the King and The Kings Daughter, and I liked the second one because the 'emphasis'/first thing you notice is the 'King' part, before the daughter. :-
Don't forget that your name was originally "The King s Daughter", before I forced you to get rid of that awful spacing. :evillaugh:

American Eagle... patriotic name + epic bird = me.
And really expensive T-shirts.
he/him | a little stinker.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Steve wrote:
American Eagle wrote:These threads are always the best. \:D/
The Kings Daughter wrote:I wanted something to the effect that I was a daughter of the King, I was deciding between Daughter of the King and The Kings Daughter, and I liked the second one because the 'emphasis'/first thing you notice is the 'King' part, before the daughter. :-
Don't forget that your name was originally "The King s Daughter", before I forced you to get rid of that awful spacing. :evillaugh:

American Eagle... patriotic name + epic bird = me.
And really expensive T-shirts.
Awesome t-shirts. If I ever wear name-brand clothing (lol) it'll be American Eagle. \:D/

Royal Institute of Chemistry.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I was 12 years old and obsessed with fantasy creatures.

I guess I should be thankful 'The Hobbit' didn't contain any unicorns or talking dolphins or something... :ache:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I love sight & sound Theatres! Hence: iluvsns ;)

\:D/
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Mine started with my favorite color and fruit.So the name orangie was created.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I was trying to come up with a username. I couldn't think of one really great so I used my last name, Peachey, and adapted it to the phrase "peachy keen."
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Being a Final Fantasy nerd I was when I was 10, I really loved the weapon one of my favorite characters was wielding which was a gunblade. Apparently I made up a name for gunblade users adding a "r" at the end. When I first attempted to input it as my username on a different form (Nsider) I accidentally hit the number 3 button.

So thats how I got my name. Though there is a misconception about me liking guns. I never had one nor do I plan to get or use one ever in my life. I personally believe its stupid and it should be taken out of our constitutional amendment. Times change and I don't think its relevant in todays world. Well there I go, being off topic. Each to his own.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

One day my bro and cuz just started calling me Yanny. And now I use it for A LOT of stuff.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Mine came from the Royal Institute of Chemistry, which I am currently attending.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

My birthstone is an amethyst (awesome), and amethysts are purple (awesomer). Plus, everything's cooler when you add a suffix to it. It's a nice set of letters; a very aesthetic word, I think. (Hmmm... though it might've also looked cool with an 'x' on the end of it. \:D/ )

Thanks. :D

double post fixed...ric 0.o
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Amethystic wrote:My birthstone is an amethyst (awesome), and amethysts are purple (awesomer). Plus, everything's cooler when you add a suffix to it. It's a nice set of letters; a very aesthetic word, I think. (Hmmm... though it might've also looked cool with an 'x' on the end of it. \:D/ )
Finally the story that was locked in the vaults forever... IS NOW TOLD :x
Amethystic wrote:Thanks. :D

A one word post tisk tisk :shame:
Miss America wrote:I love your username! Very eye catching.
And mine is isn't? :noway: Not long enough for you?!? :x :x :noway: (JK) :)
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Mine is boring. My name is Christian Alexander. When I entered the blogging and commenting world, I noticed that pratically everyone had a fake name, so I thought it would be fun and unique to use my real name. Well, I'm not so sure about fun, but it is definitely unique. People recognize me on other websites from places like the Odyssey Scoop and The Soda Fountain because I always use the same name.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

thegreenringC wrote:
Amethystic wrote:My birthstone is an amethyst (awesome), and amethysts are purple (awesomer). Plus, everything's cooler when you add a suffix to it. It's a nice set of letters; a very aesthetic word, I think. (Hmmm... though it might've also looked cool with an 'x' on the end of it. \:D/ )
Finally the story that was locked in the vaults forever... IS NOW TOLD :x
It's not like it was a secret. :anxious: I like purple and I was born in February, so yeah.
thegreenringC wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Thanks. :D

A one word post tisk tisk :shame:
Deal with it. :noway:

;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

gunblader3 wrote:So thats how I got my name. Though there is a misconception about me liking guns. I never had one nor do I plan to get or use one ever in my life. I personally believe its stupid and it should be taken out of our constitutional amendment. Times change and I don't think its relevant in todays world. Well there I go, being off topic. Each to his own.
lolz I'd probably be dead without my Conceal Carry License.

Anyway, my best friend and I always played "army" at recess when we were little kids in elementary school and one day in like 2nd grade I said we should name our "team" and he said "How about The Top Crusaders?" and I thought that was cool so we used that in our play as kids and basically for the 20 years + since then we have drawn hilarious comic books featuring our adventures as The Top Crusaders. \:D/ There is a thread about that somewhere on the board. >_> But yeah we were fighting Islamic Extremists way before it was the cool thing to do. >_> Plus on wrestling games etc we name our tag team that.

And anyway years after that in I'm thinking 98 or 99 my family finally got our horrible PC with Windows 95 online with an AOL disc that came in the mail, and I signed up for an AOL account as "thetopcrusader" and soon thereafter joined like a Godzilla forum under the same name... so HA I basically stole the name all for myself! \:D/ While that AOL address is long deceased I have basically stuck with using thetopcrusader or The Top Crusader on most forums and when I stumbled across the original Town Hall in 2001 or 2002 I usually signed my name as that (I don't recall actually registering until it was a phpbb board).

So yay. \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

When I wanted to register on Town Hall, Watson and I were attempting to come up with a good username. Several ideas were suggested and then tossed out, but Watson was the one who finally suggested Laura Ingalls. \:D/ It seemed to fit me well, so I typed that in, and the rest is history. Now I use Laura Ingalls on most places that I need a username. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Mine originated because, at the time I joined, Sherlock Holmes was probably one of my favorite works of fiction of all time and, secondly, it didn't seem right to have a Watson but no Holmes. ;)
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

Long story but I'll only tell it once per forum. ;) When I first started getting on the internet I joined a Narnia forum (The Dancing Lawn, come over and hang out sometime) and I (unfortunately) had the username "gondoriannarniangirl" O.o All the usernames I'd seen before were insanely long like that and I didn't realize it was like even possible to have a short and sweet username. Eventually I got tired of typing it out every time I logged in and shortened it to Gondorgirl (adding the capital letter, thank the Lord) and have gone by that on countless sites ever since. I quite welcome the shortening "GG" though.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

WELL, YOUNGIN', I'M A COWBOY... FROM TEXAS! :x

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Breaking Point
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Angel
Laughing One
Laughing One

Post by Angel »

Why do you think? O:)

*ahem*

I took care of a bird for a friend once while they were on a cruise, and the bird's name was Angel. That was back when I was 12, and I've been using it since. (though for other usernames I use my last name as well and call myself TheSilverAngel or something).