Toy Story 3

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

A masterpiece.

As all Pixar movies are
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I usually wear a Toy Story 3 signature, which shows you a little bit about my love for the movie. ;) It's one of the best of all-time.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

odysseyfan1 wrote:Did anybody else like this film? I really enjoyed it!
Mods: I searched and couldn't find a topic specifically for the movie, but if there is, feel free to delete this topic.
It's great that you got to see it! Yeah, I thought it was the best of the Toy Stories, but my dad disagrees. He says that the second one was better.

It's interesting though that you're allowed to see this, because I would almost argue that it has more overt inappropriate content than Fireproof. You know, with the Ken and Barbie scenes. Those always make me cringe.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I bought the DVD, haven't watched it yet.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

It was definitely good, I did like the second one better though. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I grew up on the Toy Story films, and the third one is amazing. I saw it in the theater three times. \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Christian A. wrote:
Mods: I searched and couldn't find a topic specifically for the movie, but if there is, feel free to delete this topic.
It's great that you got to see it! Yeah, I thought it was the best of the Toy Stories, but my dad disagrees. He says that the second one was better.

It's interesting though that you're allowed to see this, because I would almost argue that it has more overt inappropriate content than Fireproof. You know, with the Ken and Barbie scenes. Those always make me cringe.
Well my dad skipped the part where Barbie was ripping Kens clothes, ect. he thought it was inappropriate too. :D
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Laurie wrote:I bought the DVD, haven't watched it yet.
Watch it now!!!! :evil: :evil:
odysseyfan1 wrote:
Christian A. wrote:

Well my dad skipped the part where Barbie was ripping Kens clothes, ect. he thought it was inappropriate too. :D
I fail to see whats inappropriate about a doll ripping fake clothes from another doll. :-k
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*cough* Let's not start this again. :-

But yeah, I love Toy Story. \:D/ It's a part of my childhood. ^_^ I was born the year the first film came out, I saw the second one in theaters when I was five, and the third one was the first film I've ever watched twice in theaters. :inlove: Oh, I also love the LGMs. They're so cute! :incnt:

Interestingly, though, I only own the third one on DVD, and the first one on video. :( We don't have the second one at all.
Last edited by Amethystic on Tue May 10, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

gunblader3 wrote:
odysseyfan1 wrote:
Christian A. wrote:

I fail to see whats inappropriate about a doll ripping fake clothes from another doll. :-k
For one thing, he has a bunch of little siblings, so who would think it's wise to show that kind of thing to a young child? Secondly, it's just inappropriate. (Two kids in love, alone, one standing over the other with his clothes ripped off? What's not inappropriate?) Even I would rather have my dad skip that scene than watch it. And I've seen things with a lot more suggestive content than that. It's just ungodly. Now I understand that there are much worse things. But what does the Psalmist say? "I will set my eyes before NO EVIL THING." I'll be the first to admit that I'm bad at obeying that resolution, especially when it comes to movies, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a dad who wants to protect his kids from that kind of inappropriate material.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I really loved Toy Story 3. I grew up watching those movies. I really can't say which one I like the best, but I do love them all.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I didn't really like any of them too much, but 3 was the best.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Christian A. wrote:For one thing, he has a bunch of little siblings, so who would think it's wise to show that kind of thing to a young child? Secondly, it's just inappropriate. (Two kids in love, alone, one standing over the other with his clothes ripped off? What's not inappropriate?) Even I would rather have my dad skip that scene than watch it. And I've seen things with a lot more suggestive content than that. It's just ungodly. Now I understand that there are much worse things. But what does the Psalmist say? "I will set my eyes before NO EVIL THING." I'll be the first to admit that I'm bad at obeying that resolution, especially when it comes to movies, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a dad who wants to protect his kids from that kind of inappropriate material.
But keep in mind most kids rip the clothes off of a Barbie doll at some point in time. :- So I suppose the assumption is that everyone's so used to half-naked Ken dolls that it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as a naked human. Also, despite the lack of clothing, there isn't really anything that sexual about the scenario. They are kids' toys, after all.

But again, we should try to avoid getting too carried away on this subject, or else it'll smother all other trails of conversation in this thread.
Last edited by Amethystic on Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Amethystic wrote:
Christian A. wrote:For one thing, he has a bunch of little siblings, so who would think it's wise to show that kind of thing to a young child? Secondly, it's just inappropriate. (Two kids in love, alone, one standing over the other with his clothes ripped off? What's not inappropriate?) Even I would rather have my dad skip that scene than watch it. And I've seen things with a lot more suggestive content than that. It's just ungodly. Now I understand that there are much worse things. But what does the Psalmist say? "I will set my eyes before NO EVIL THING." I'll be the first to admit that I'm bad at obeying that resolution, especially when it comes to movies, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a dad who wants to protect his kids from that kind of inappropriate material.
But keep in mind most kids rip the clothes off of a Barbie doll at some point in time. :- So I suppose the assumption is that everyone's so used to half-naked Ken dolls that it doesn't matter anywhere near as much as a naked human. Also, despite the lack of clothing, there isn't really anything that sexual about the scenario. They are kids' toys, after all.

But again, we should try to avoid getting too carried away on this subject, or else it'll smother all other trails of conversation in this thread.
Granted, it's not real people with real private areas, but it's still inappropriate, and who's to say that the kids won't consider doing that for real? :shrugs:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Again, everyone strips and abuses Barbies. If children grew up to treat human beings the way dolls are treated, then there'd be a lot more people behind bars.

One thing I've always felt about the Toy Story movies is that they're quite intense for smaller children. When I watched Toy Story 2 in theaters as a kid, I totally freaked out at the first part and during the elevator scene. (I toughed it out though!) The first one can be a little creepy, too. And seeing the third one that, like the others, also had some intense moments, it made me think about how, for a kids' movie, there are some really frightening moments. (Frightening for small children, that is, not me. :P )
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

It is the best G rated movie ever. :noway:
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Amethystic wrote:Again, everyone strips and abuses Barbies.
*ahem* This is not so. :anxious:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

American Eagle wrote:
Amethystic wrote:Again, everyone strips and abuses Barbies.
*ahem* This is not so. :anxious:
Lies. :x Nobody has ever treated a Barbie with respect and dignity unless it was collectable. :noway:
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Amethystic wrote:Again, everyone strips and abuses Barbies. If children grew up to treat human beings the way dolls are treated, then there'd be a lot more people behind bars.

One thing I've always felt about the Toy Story movies is that they're quite intense for smaller children. When I watched Toy Story 2 in theaters as a kid, I totally freaked out at the first part and during the elevator scene. (I toughed it out though!) The first one can be a little creepy, too. And seeing the third one that, like the others, also had some intense moments, it made me think about how, for a kids' movie, there are some really frightening moments. (Frightening for small children, that is, not me. :P )
Heh, yeah, my little brother runs out of the room or covers his eyes when the security monkey comes on. :hilarious:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

:hilarious: Oh man, that thing is so scary.