The Gospel Bill Show!!!!

...while we're on the topic of old Christian tv shows

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I remember it well. I would awake early on Saturday mornings, sneak down to the TV and turn it on with the volume almost all the way down. I usually grabbed a glass of milk, some bread and butter sandwiches, and of course my huge bright orange six shooter water guns and strapped them into my belt to watch this show!
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Well, I couldn't relate to the bread and butter sandwiches :-s

But I definitely woke up early on Saturday mornings to watch Gospel Bill!!! \:D/
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I watched it weekday afternoons! \:D/
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Oh my.....heh- I LOVED that show! I used to watch it every single day in Texas and Tennessee! \:D/

We have, I believe one or two episodes taped. *thinks about pulling them out* :D

I was actually just thinking about Gospel Bill the other day too, whilst I was writing my testimony. ;)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*merged thread "Tidings of Great Joy!"*

Click here to see the opening of the greatest television program of all time!!!! \:D/
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

oh man I loved that show ;_;
is a christmas miracle.
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

*thread merged*

Ladies and Gentlemen, kids of all ages... and Top,

We have been waiting for years. We have cried out in the darkness but our voices have gone unheard. We have kept the hope and dream alive.

Finally, our dreams have been answered.

The Gospel Bill Show is finally being sold in a Collectors Edition DVD Box Set. Needless to say, mine is already in the mail.

If you can believe wikipedia (and all hope in the universe would crumble if this were not the case), the DVD set includes every Gospel Bill Show episode ever made. Though after a quick look through the synopses, there were two episodes I was specifically looking for that I didn't see. Oh well, I'll simply be forced to be content with what God has given me here and now \:D/

NOTE: for kids born in the 90's, this show is probably not for you. You might actually think it's lame and cheesy. Just remember that we didn't have the awesomeness of Veggie Tales growing up. This was the most awesome show ever created.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!! :shock:

*checks link*

Yeah, its not true. :( That has been on the market for a while, and is likely the best we will get... but there is far more than two episodes missing. ;) The completely neglect the golden era that wasn't honestly that great, but there were quite a few episodes that featured only Gospel Bill, Nicodemus, and EL DIABLO and maybe Barkamaus or his precursor whom I forget the name of. ;) I only recall it slightly but there was a live studio audience of kids and they smashed pies in El Diablo's face. No Miss Lana, Elmer Barnes, TU Tutwater, Farsworth, Luthor Bidlow, etc. Oh yeah, the puppets were there, at least. ;) Basically the only antagonist was Satan in every episode (well, el Diablo) who could be thwarted by scripture and pies, apparently. I think now the only appearances of El Diablo are regulated to Nic's music videos at the end of shows once in a while. ;) Of course, those old episodes are near worthless, really. The later stuff is still watchable today IMO, I assume if I could watch the really old stuff again it would be pretty terrible. ;) Even after the "jump" to the new set and introducing of more townspeople, lots of those episodes are missing as well. :(

STILL EVERYONE SHOULD BUY THIS SET! :x

I am refusing until literal every episode is available! :x

My local Christian station has been airing Gospel Bill once again the past few years... but they only have like 10 episodes they keep showing over and over. I assume they just have a couple of these DVDs or something. ;)
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Well that sucks :(

Still, Top, you know they won't consider releasing any other shows until this one proves that there's an interest. I think your boycott strategy might actually be hurting your overall endeavors :-k

Even if they don't have every episode, I'm definitely gonna treasure this thing :D

EDIT: wait... you mean I can't defeat the devil with pies?
Last edited by STRYPER on Tue May 03, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Ha yeah I will probably get it eventually. ;) It's just a shame they are HIDING so much from us! :x

They should put them all on youtube or Netflix or something at least, if a physical DVD release wouldn't be profitable.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

blast for the past.. i grew up in the morning children's church classes... with these. and the candy store when i taught the wee ones at first..

good stuff. :)
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.