The Royal Wedding!!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

The Royal Wedding!!!

Post by Anna><> »

Are you excited for it? Are you going to watch it on TV? What do you think about all the protesters?

I'm considering waking up at 4AM to watch it... considering is the key word though. It's so early.... but if something crazy happens I want to know!

Prince William and Kate Middleton are gettin' hitched.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I definitely think it's interesting. :yes:

....however we don't have a TV. :no:

I may catch some clips later online though, considering it's probably not live online anywhere.

\:D/
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

iluvsns wrote:I definitely think it's interesting. :yes:

I may catch some clips later online though, considering it's probably not live online anywhere.
I think that they're showing it live on youtube! :D
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm going to watch it, the marching bands will be great \:D/

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My mom, granny, and I will probably get up at 4 am to watch. ;) I haven't really been following everything THAT much, just seen a couple of news clips here and there. It should be interesting to see everything.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Never! Booorrriiinnggg.... I wish people would stop freaking out about it! Honestly! Just let the people get married!
he/him | a little stinker.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Ayralee wrote:
iluvsns wrote:I definitely think it's interesting. :yes:

I think that they're showing it live on youtube! :D
:bounce:
Considering it's so historic I may well be watching. ;)

It's at 4? One place online said it started at 6 EST. :-k

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The coverage starts at 4...probably all the preparations, parades, etc. I think the actual wedding itself starts at 6. :-k
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Hmmm....

considering we're doing my bday on Sat... We'll see. Plus I like sleeping in on the weekend. :noway:

...but it'll be so cool Ill probably get up anyway. ;)

Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I'm thoroughly sick of it already and it has not even happened yet. No, I'm not waking up at 3 AM to watch.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Laurie wrote:I'm thoroughly sick of it already and it has not even happened yet. No, I'm not waking up at 3 AM to watch.
I think It's fascinating. The biggest social event of the decade! (maybe.) You don't like the Royal Family? :shock:

Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Laura Ingalls wrote:The coverage starts at 4...probably all the preparations, parades, etc. I think the actual wedding itself starts at 6. :-k
The wedding itself starts at 4 in my time zone I think.... I'll probably wake up and then go back to sleep if I'm wrong. :P
Wedding highlights at a glance:

8:30 a.m. BST (3:30 a.m. ET): Guests begin arriving at Westminster Abbey.

10:40 a.m. BST (5:40 a.m. ET): Members of the Royal Family begin to take their places at the abbey, with Queen Elizabeth II and her husband the last to arrive. Prince William heads to the abbey joined by his best man, Prince Harry.

11 a.m. BST (6 a.m. ET): Kate Middleton arrives at the abbey; the ceremony begins.

12:15 p.m. BST (7:15 a.m. ET): William and Kate emerge from the abbey and depart in the 1902 State Landau carriage and travel to Buckingham Palace.

1:25 p.m. BST (8:25 a.m. ET): The newlyweds and their families make their appearance on the palace balcony.

1:30 p.m. BST (8:30 a.m. ET): The royals watch a flypast before returning inside for the Queen's reception.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm planning on getting up at 5:00 with my sisters to watch it. It should be interesting! \:D/

Hmmm...that probably means I should go and get some sleep.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

iluvsns wrote:
Laurie wrote:I'm thoroughly sick of it already and it has not even happened yet. No, I'm not waking up at 3 AM to watch.
I think It's fascinating. The biggest social event of the decade! (maybe.) You don't like the Royal Family? :shock:
But WHY is it the biggest social event of the decade? And WHY is the royal family so important--particularly to us in the U.S.? It's not like they are key to the running of the country anymore...they hold political influence, but definitely not solid power. I'm really not sure how the royalty stuff over there has lasted after they replaced the monarchy...most countries that used to be monarchies just dissolved the whole royal thing. If the British want to have the royalty stay royal, props to them, but I don't think anything that happens with them should be life-changing to anyone else. All in all, they are...normal people...like any other celebrities as well. And I think it's annoying that famous people have to have every aspect of their life broadcast to the world. I think it can take away from the realness and sincerity of some of the words/actions. :(
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)

Post by 31899 »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
iluvsns wrote:
But WHY is it the biggest social event of the decade? And WHY is the royal family so important--particularly to us in the U.S.? It's not like they are key to the running of the country anymore...they hold political influence, but definitely not solid power. I'm really not sure how the royalty stuff over there has lasted after they replaced the monarchy...most countries that used to be monarchies just dissolved the whole royal thing. If the British want to have the royalty stay royal, props to them, but I don't think anything that happens with them should be life-changing to anyone else. All in all, they are...normal people...like any other celebrities as well. And I think it's annoying that famous people have to have every aspect of their life broadcast to the world. I think it can take away from the realness and sincerity of some of the words/actions. :(
The Queen is still head of state of sixteen nations. Not everyone on this board is american and this directly affects many members of the ToO whether you would like to believe it or not. In addition, you are forgetting that there are still many other nations not under the rule of Queen Elizabeth II with monarchs.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

](*,) ](*,)

I thought it was Saturday morning.... :x

...and for some reason my dad never told me any different. :(

So all I'm getting to see is the tail end of the parade. :mecry:

Now I'm kinda grouchy.... *sobs*

Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

iluvsns wrote:
It isn't a question of liking them or not liking them. The hype is ridiculous. It is one wedding *and now that it is over, well... the actual ceremony... I didn't even like her dress! o.0 Then again, my mother was married more than 25 years ago and don't even think I'm wearing her dress at my wedding. o.0 I'm very very particular for a wedding dress, especially one I will only wear once*

Besides, if I were them, I would have gone for something private, and about three weeks ago... so that the hype wouldn't really be as big as everyone is making it. Then they already would be married, and it would just be show. Satisfies everyone, I have to confess. Because... that isn't a lot of pressure, ya know, standing up in front of MILLIONS watching your wedding... o.0

Hmm... yeah, so, I was NOT getting up at 1 am. I'm not crazy. My dash on my blog on another site is just filled with Royal Wedding pictures and many other stuff. This is just... is it crazy. I will never get why it is this... "biggest social event of the decade!".... the decade just started, and something else will come around. I just... it is a wedding... that poor girl, having to get into all this. Kate, I feel sorry for you. I'm happy you found someone to love and marry and hope to spend the rest of your life with. May you and William never stop loving each other. But... I feel sorry this had to go this way.

And I echo SoccerLOTR. It it like they are celebrities, and we all know celebrities are people too. They want to have their fame, hopefully, and that is their job - but people want normal. Uh, I'm not even famous and I want normal *that doesn't mean I have it* Being tailed and teased and taunted and this and that thrown at you so much... that must be a disaster. I feel very sorry for them. Happy they got to get married... but... :/
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

iluvsns wrote:
I'm an American. Social events nothing for me unless there is a quiet corner with a chair and I have a book and my iPod with me.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

Laurie wrote:
iluvsns wrote:
I'm an American. Social events nothing for me unless there is a quiet corner with a chair and I have a book and my iPod with me.
=D> ^

Ahhh I will take that any day. A rocking chair in a house out of the cities and towns in the wilderness. A good book and a hot cup of coffee. There's really nothing more relaxing. :inlove:

And we should pray for them. We should ask God to bless there marriage and that they would turn to Him for all there needs. With all these people watching them and there sway of influence if they Love Jesus and live there lives that way then it'd make a major change in the lives of thousands. So I'm praying for there salvation, and there marriage.

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

We overthrew the chains of Britain's tyranny during the Revolutionary War so we don't have to put up with their monarchy garbage. :noway: