What are you afraid of?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Spiders and Centipedes and all things that creep upon the earth
Bats and creepy birds and anything that flys
Being up in high places without a harness (for example, roller coasters are fine, but ferris wheels are not)

The Wrath of God :x

...upon the unsaved, obviously.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

SoccerLOTR wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:I am afraid of fear. :(

Let's see, spiders, needles, heights, snakes, and cherry pie. \:D/
{glances through the list and nods head, understanding why those may be someone's fears...then pauses} Cherry pie?! What's threatening about cherry pie? :dumb:
lol, kidding dear. \:D/ I don't like it, but I'm not afraid of it. ;)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Heights (without being enclosed in something. Though I don't like driving on overpasses or bridges over water.)
My computers crashing
Having to talk to girls. :anxious: I'm such a nerd.
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The Kings Daughter wrote:
SoccerLOTR wrote:
The Kings Daughter wrote:I am afraid of fear. :(

Let's see, spiders, needles, heights, snakes, and cherry pie. \:D/
{glances through the list and nods head, understanding why those may be someone's fears...then pauses} Cherry pie?! What's threatening about cherry pie? :dumb:
lol, kidding dear. \:D/ I don't like it, but I'm not afraid of it. ;)
Lol, thought you might be...but at the same time, you could have had a really bad experience with it as a young child and be scarred from memories of it...but glad you're not afraid of it...I don't care for it either!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Modern Family wrote:Interviewer Guy (it's a mockumentary): "(What are you afraid of?)"
Phil Dunphy: "That I'm too much of a perfectionist."
Claire Dunphy: "Honey, this isn't a job interview."
Phil Dunphy: "Oh, man! Job interviews!"
:hilarious:

As for me, sea snakes (and eels and the like). Well, really any kind of snake but, especially ones in the water. Yuck! I also dread the dentist but, that's not really a fear; it's more of pattern recognition. Every time I go to the dentist, I feel fine. Every time I leave the dentist, my teeth ache of intense pain, I have a bunch of nasty stuff and a horrible taste in my mouth, I have a headache, am sweating, and have been treated like garbage by the staff. Thus, I've come to associate the dentist with... torture. ;)
Steve wrote:Having to talk to girls. :anxious: I'm such a nerd.
Dude, aren't you, like... in a rock band? 8-)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Dakota
Found

Post by Dakota »

I'd have that on my list. if I did one longer then 5. (I only did a 1 thing list.)
I'za weirdo.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Pain. Not death, but intense pain. (Wait--why am I getting Princess Bride flashbacks?)
Being trapped in an elevator
Being trapped in ANY tight space
Natural disastors
Something horrible happening to someone I love

And I used to be afraid of being left behind the Rapture. While I know that will NEVER happen because I am definitely a Christian, it used to terrify me. The thought of being sent to Hell also used to freak me out, but I'm positive that I'm not going there, so now I'm okay.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Dakota wrote:
I'd have that on my list. if I did one longer then 5. (I only did a 1 thing list.)
Your not alone man. :)

Like Steve said talking to girls ( that aren't dramatically younger them me )
Intense pain
Drowning
being stalked
Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

*goes over the list in his head while saying it out loud*
  • Wolves
    Spiders
    Heights
    Roller Coasters
    Ferris Wheels
Very scared of Roller Coasters and Wolves and Ferris Wheels.
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
Steve

Post by Steve »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Modern Family wrote:Interviewer Guy (it's a mockumentary): "(What are you afraid of?)"

As for me, sea snakes (and eels and the like). Well, really any kind of snake but, especially ones in the water. Yuck! I also dread the dentist but, that's not really a fear; it's more of pattern recognition. Every time I go to the dentist, I feel fine. Every time I leave the dentist, my teeth ache of intense pain, I have a bunch of nasty stuff and a horrible taste in my mouth, I have a headache, am sweating, and have been treated like garbage by the staff. Thus, I've come to associate the dentist with... torture. ;)
Yes. A really, really lame rock band. \:D/ Or as most people describe it, an interesting rock band.
he/him | a little stinker.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Snakes and mice and such are fine... but I admit to fear of spiders or centipedes and such. >_> Generally the more legs, the worse they are. >_> Now... like ants or ladybugs or flies aren't frightening, just the more evil looking things. >_>

And heights. I love roller coasters but just standing on a chair I get weak kneed. :(

Now you all know how to defeat me. :(
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Probably, being killed by large animals in the woods by my self. (Only large animals, I never have though: "I hope I don't see a mouse, because it might eat me.") I am not afraid of anthropoids. I don't live were there are any dangerous snakes, so I am not afraid of them. Also, I am afraid my computer losing all my data, and other people saying things that make awkward situations, even if they don't include me.
Taps

Post by Taps »

Steve wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:

Yes. A really, really lame rock band. \:D/ Or as most people describe it, an interesting rock band.
Yeaaah I would describe you as interesting :yes:
Gondorgirl
Gold Member

Post by Gondorgirl »

I am terrified of fish, I cannot swim in the same water with them and I can't get myself to touch them. (Even when my sister had her goldfish trained to let people pet them.)

Even though they're not technically fish I am deathly afraid of whales. They're big and scary.

I can tolerate a lot of bugs but huge creepy crawly ones aren't so great, mainly because when you squish them they're gross.
I believe that love is greater
Never ceasing, always hoping
Always just beneath the Dawn
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Trixie Belden wrote:Pain. Not death, but intense pain. (Wait--why am I getting Princess Bride flashbacks?)
To the pain! \:D/ I agree. Being tortured would be...torture...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I've never understood why most people don't like bugs...hairy ones are gross, but bugs don't really scare me :-k Except for cockroaches. Major difference.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps

Post by Taps »

I am terrified of EK and Jelly :(