Stewardship Themed Album

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Stewardship Themed Album

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I know this is kind of jennifertwt's thing ;) but, I thought of a fun themed collection of episodes. I don't know what it would be called but, it's on Stewardship.
  • A Good and Faithful Servant
  • A Little Credit, Please
  • The Buck Starts Here
  • One Bad Apple
  • The Time of Our Lives
  • The 'No' Factor
  • Applesauce
  • Switch
  • Finish What You...
  • Tales of Moderation
  • Potential Possibilities
  • Welcoming Wooton
So, some of those are pretty big stretches. Suggestions?
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I think Easy Money could easily fit in there too.
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

the buck starts here is one of the best lessons Jesus taught spun into modern times.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Cbriggs45 wrote:the buck starts here is one of the best lessons Jesus taught spun into modern times.
I loved how Jared literally put his money in a hole in the ground! What a great way to depict the parable!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Welcoming Wooten is kind of a...huge stretch...
he/him | a little stinker.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Steve wrote:Welcoming Wooten is kind of a...huge stretch...
That's true. Otherwise a very good idea KBT :D
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Larry Burkett rings a vague bell. Maybe the assistant teacher in Chicago in "The Search for Whit"? I think so.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Ah, yes! I had (obviously) forgotten about this album. :oops: Oh well, I guess this is the updated version. O:)
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Larry Burkett rings a vague bell. Maybe the assistant teacher in Chicago in "The Search for Whit"? I think so.
Alfred Brownlee...? :-k

For the record, Larry Burkett was a popular Christian financial... 'guru' who created Crown Financial Ministries and hosted the 'Money Matters' radio show; not sure if he was as well known in Canada.

EDIT: I just looked it up and you're absolutely right, 'Gary Burkhead' was in the Search for Whit, Part II- hehe. I had never caught that. :oops: (I've missed two AIO facts in one thread :o )
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Alfred Brownlee was Whit's friend in the Middle East, and Professor Charles was the (duh) professor. The assistant professor (I just checked) was Gary Burkett. It's too close to be a coincidence, so I'll guess it was a secret reference to him.