For The Homeschooled

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Yeah, and

Ellie the Elephant
Bumped her head
She was so dizzy...
She went to bed.

Love ACE kindergarten!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

We use a variety of curriculum at our house such as A Beka, Apologia, Saxon, Teaching Textbooks, and Alpha Omega. I don't particularly like Switched On School House which I used the year before last. It requires a lot of self discipline which is one of my sore spots. I love Apologia and Teaching Textbooks.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

We also use Apoligia and Teaching Textbooks. I love them!
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

I use SOS for History and Literature. I used to do their Science as well. Their Math and English are horrible, math because it's too hard and English because it's too easy.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

I used Saxon Math from grade 4 or 5 through highschool. We also use BJU, A Beka, and Modern Curriculum Press I think.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Mimi wrote:I used Saxon Math from grade 4 or 5 through highschool. We also use BJU, A Beka, and Modern Curriculum Press I think.
I use Saxon right now \:D/ I am in 78 I believe.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

thegreenringC wrote:
Mimi wrote:I used Saxon Math from grade 4 or 5 through highschool. We also use BJU, A Beka, and Modern Curriculum Press I think.
Ahhh the memories!
That one has the best colored cover of all the ones i went through! 8-)
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

My school has Saxon math, all ACE classes, and abeka English and science. We use something weird for history though. I think it is kinda cool that we use pretty much the same curriculum as homeschool does.
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

We did mostly A Beka at the beginning, then switched over to some other type, I think -- can't remember exactly who did it -- then over to SOS, which was the worst, then over to a mixture of curriculum.

Switched On Schoolhouse had a few bright spots, but their math program, I believe it was, put me in tears, it was so bad... and there were a lot of problems with the other ones as well... half of the time the answers they built in were wrong, so I'd get an awful grade when I actually did a decent job, and then my teacher would have to go in and change the grades and all of that... not a cool experience, and I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone else.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Mimi wrote:
thegreenringC wrote:
Ahhh the memories!
That one has the best colored cover of all the ones i went through! 8-)
Haha the colors are awesome.

I also use these weird Grammar Exercises things.
chocomochafudgecake
Lurker

Post by chocomochafudgecake »

I've done Saxon Math all through school then this year I switched to Aleks ( it's online) I like it pretty well but I'm switching back to Saxon for Algebra. We'll see how good Aleks is when I take my testing for the year!
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I've done Saxon for most of my math in the past. I really like it. The book itself is AWESOME!
Last edited by Parker Family on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minichef
Pink forever!
Pink forever!

Post by minichef »

I think the Algebra I book is kinda ugly. Personally, I don't like orange. Especially the orange that they chose. However, I didn't have to look at it all year last year because my teacher requires us to have book covers.
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

It was a mixture of stuff when I was little, but by the time I made it into high school, I was using Bob Jones almost exclusively.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Angel Bob wrote:It was a mixture of stuff when I was little, but by the time I made it into high school, I was using Bob Jones almost exclusively.
That's nice
Last edited by Parker Family on Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Parker Family wrote:
Angel Bob wrote:It was a mixture of stuff when I was little, but by the time I made it into high school, I was using Bob Jones almost exclusively.
Same here :)
I used Bob Jones when I went to the local Christian school, and to be honest, it put me in tears because it was so boring and complex.
he/him | a little stinker.