It is April once again...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

It is April once again...

Post by SivartM »

...and that means April Fools' Day! \:D/

So, any good pranks happen today?

I had pranks in both of my classes. In Sociology class, a group was supposed to do a short oral report on a sociological topic, but they began their presentation as "Understanding the Importance of an Amoeba Within Society". :lol:

In my other class, we had a bogus quiz that our teacher told us (after we took it, of course) was only for attendance. He told us that when he was in college, one of his professors gave an exam on April 1 and just threw it away (we were glad he didn't do that to us!). The funniest part of the class wasn't the prank, though, but when his cell phone rang and his ringtone was a character from Family Guy (he is not a Family Guy sort of person). Hysterical laughter ensued.

But I bet you guys have much better stories. If you were not aware that today was April Fools' Day before you read this post, you get a cookie! \:D/
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Just wait till Laura gets in here...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Well, the worst I got was did ya hear we're getting out at 2:00 today? Course I didn't believe it. But I got someone else with the same thing, a bit more gulible than I. :yes: I think others turned a teachers desk around, and taped the dealy on the phone down. Oh also the principal did his annual, "call someone to the office and pretend like their in trouble" bit. Besides that, this year was pretty uneventful compared to years passed. Besides gmails prank. (Which I did not fall for.)
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

DanP740 wrote:Just wait till Laura gets in here...
Ha, I have a reputation now. :P

Unfortunately, it was a very low key day in the pranks department at our house. :( I think everyone was on edge though and were surprised when nothing much happened. The last couple of weeks have been busy with a lot of things, and then we had company last night, so my planning got hijacked. :x
I did do the classic rubber-band-around-the-sink-sprayer trick to a couple people, and also put some big bubble wrap underneath the toilet seats so it would make a loud POP when anyone sat down. O:) That's about it, I think....

Pitiful, I know. :noway: I must remedy my failure by planning the most epic April Fool's Day EVER for next year. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I've seriously thought of the rubber band trick, or freezing someone's toothbrush into the holder, but I haven't been brave enough to actually DO anything. Next year maybe...

Bubblewrap under toilet seat.... :hilarious: :lol:

My dad got all of us by screaming there was a black bear in our woods, so we all jumped up and ran to the window-- and remembered what day it was. ;) My cousin is ultra-gullible so my sis got her to believe a very far fetched story over the phone....

All I did was that pitiful prank on here. :( I would love to visit a store that has a lot of gags in stock. They're hard to find. :(

\:D/
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I always like my pranks to be original, and I couldn't come up with anything this year. :(
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother