Love For Others

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Love For Others

Post by swatcaptin »

There are two kinds of love for others.
(1)
(2)
Which are you?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

I can't believe you just made me listen to a justin bieber song. Well, half of one...I couldn't make it through the whole thing :-P
Anyway, first of all, I must say that I disagree with the premise of this thread...there are more than 2 kinds of love, and different types for different people and ideals.
Out of the two examples you gave, I would definitely say the second (not just because I can't stand Justin Bieber). It is a strong devotion and love for something you believe in and dreams for the future. However, is more of a...general love. It is powerful, but it is a strong love for people in general, people you love, and the ideals and beliefs you hold dear. An all-encompassing love. But there are other kinds of love. The love in a family or between two married people is more of a specific love...same for the love of your friends, and the love of God. Sadly, English only has one word for it all, but as we learned from Odyssey, Greek has MANY forms of the word love--which is much more accurate in describing the feeling and the relationships that go along with those feelings. And the Justin Bieber love you refer to as shown in the video...would be more classified as extreme like...not love...so I don't know if it could really be included in this...however, since the world sometimes says that that's a picture of "love", I guess it is relevant.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Uh, SoccerLOTR, I think swatcaptin was being funny...
he/him | a little stinker.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

oh...oops. ignore my comment then.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
swatcaptin
For the GMF!
For the GMF!

Post by swatcaptin »

No it was like...
(1)Girls like justin bieber. Just one guy. Why? Because of holly wood love.
(2)Solders love the world so much that they will fight for freedom for them.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

There's other types of "love" too, such as marital love, friendship love, internet love (it's a new thing, but I discovered it last weekend ;)), and God's love for us.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What about those of us who don't love Justin Bieber or the soldiers who died? :(

Not saying I don't love the soldiers who've sacrificed :-

But yeah, there's more than that ;) There's naturally the love between a man and a woman, or between friends. There's the Biblical kind of love. There's agape and phileo, and what I call "hesed" love :- It's complicated, but it's Hebrew. And there's this new found Internet love :shock:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer