Do You Put AIO IN Your MP3 Player

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Yes
68%
No
18%
I Don't have a mp3 player
14%

Total votes: 28

Green Ring
Gold Member

Post by Green Ring »

This Banner Is FREE
Dakota
Found

Post by Dakota »

I just got a MP3 player from my friend and it was his sisters and she had AIO on it. "Camp wat-a-nut" I think.
I'za weirdo.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm pretty sure AIO takes up more space than anything else on my device.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

of course I do! Unfortunately it takes up a huge amount of space, so I try to keep it to my favorite episodes, or ones that I want to listen to, then take them off after I finish listening to free up the space.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I did before I had an itouch, but apps take up so much space, I didn't want to this time. :( So the answer is no for the time being.

\:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I just buy the iTunes ones, because those are only 8 to 12 megabites each, so it's not too bad. However, the MP3s released by FOTF are big, so I usually don't use those.

I never rip episodes off the CDs because stupid iTunes makes the files huge. Plus, the fact that they're split up into 3 tracks bugs me on my iPod.
he/him | a little stinker.
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Yes! I have most of the truth chronicles, and a couple other episodes besides the ones on the podcast!
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Yeah I got DBD, Mum's the Word, Sunday Morning Scramble, and Champ of the Camp
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I would, considering the humongous external hard drive we recently bought, but my MP3 is full of music anyways.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I don't put my AIO CD's on my iPod because they always are split into parts and it gets annoying. I have a lot of memory though so I put DGL on it and I prefer the way that DGL isn't split into a lot of parts.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Since the is AIO related, I shall move it to Whit's End.

*moves*
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I do absolutely!! Also Down Gilead Lane and Lamplighter. Listening to AIO, DGL and Lamplighter while out running errands or walking is better than music, at least for me.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Yep. Since my mp3 player only has 2 GB of space, I can't really put very many on there, so I switch them out every once in a while. Right now I have East Winds Raining and all of Darien's Rise. I think I also still have the first part of TGRC recorded on there too.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Now that I have a laptop, I listen more from iTunes itself than my iPod, but...

I have every album, The Truth Chronicles, the Lost Episodes, and Darien's Rise on there (as well as The Official and Unofficial Podcasts, the Odyssey Scoopcast, the Ceiling Fan, the Whit's End Podcast, FOTF's Chronicles of Narnia, A Christmas Carol, and the Screwtape Letters). I have OCD over my Odyssey in iTunes. There are no mistakes with capitals, or how it's organized. In the lyrics field, I'm entering vital info, plus all of the bonus stuff from the Official Guide for every episode. For playlists, I have everything neatly organized. I have Chronology playlists for Odyssey, Family Portraits, The Truth Chronicles, and Pre-Portrait Dramas. I have playlists for different episode formats; Kids' Radio, BTV, Passages, Bible History, or History. Next is playlists for genres (taken from the Official Guide's index), including Christmas, Camp, Love, Mystery, Action, Comedy, etc. Next is playlists for story arcs/lines/sagas. These include Novacom, TGRC, Blackgaard, Connie's Book, Bernard and Eugene's Road Trip, Whit's Life (one's about his past, like Silent Night, Clara, and Blackbeard's Treasure. These are organized by order in Whit's life, not episode chronology). Finally, we have the massive section: "Episodes with..." This is divided into Major (20+), Minor (5-19), and Recurring (2-4) characters. I made this from AIOWiki. There's a playlist for every single one of said such characters, containing every episode chronologically that they're in!!! So yeah, that's Odyssey in iTunes for me.

Oh, one last note. I told Nathan about my idea of putting the Official Guide bonus stuff and vital info (airdate, episode number, theme, summary, etc) in the Lyrics Field of each ep. I call this my AIOTunes Database. Nathan said it was a great idea, and it could possibly be added to the iTunes downloads in the future!!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Now that I have a laptop, I listen more from iTunes itself than my iPod, but...

I have every album, The Truth Chronicles, the Lost Episodes, and Darien's Rise on there (as well as The Official and Unofficial Podcasts, the Odyssey Scoopcast, the Ceiling Fan, the Whit's End Podcast, FOTF's Chronicles of Narnia, A Christmas Carol, and the Screwtape Letters). I have OCD over my Odyssey in iTunes. There are no mistakes with capitals, or how it's organized. In the lyrics field, I'm entering vital info, plus all of the bonus stuff from the Official Guide for every episode. For playlists, I have everything neatly organized. I have Chronology playlists for Odyssey, Family Portraits, The Truth Chronicles, and Pre-Portrait Dramas. I have playlists for different episode formats; Kids' Radio, BTV, Passages, Bible History, or History. Next is playlists for genres (taken from the Official Guide's index), including Christmas, Camp, Love, Mystery, Action, Comedy, etc. Next is playlists for story arcs/lines/sagas. These include Novacom, TGRC, Blackgaard, Connie's Book, Bernard and Eugene's Road Trip, Whit's Life (one's about his past, like Silent Night, Clara, and Blackbeard's Treasure. These are organized by order in Whit's life, not episode chronology). Finally, we have the massive section: "Episodes with..." This is divided into Major (20+), Minor (5-19), and Recurring (2-4) characters. I made this from AIOWiki. There's a playlist for every single one of said such characters, containing every episode chronologically that they're in!!! So yeah, that's Odyssey in iTunes for me.

Oh, one last note. I told Nathan about my idea of putting the Official Guide bonus stuff and vital info (airdate, episode number, theme, summary, etc) in the Lyrics Field of each ep. I call this my AIOTunes Database. Nathan said it was a great idea, and it could possibly be added to the iTunes downloads in the future!!
Ay carumba, you've got some free time. Odyssey occupies about 40 GB on my Zune at all times (every episode currently available on CD). I have playlists for each year, with episodes in chronological airing order instead of album order. This is generally how I listen to them (I'm currently going through the 2004 playlist).
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I only have 4 GB of space so I just throw on a few to listen to and then I will delete them and put others on. \:D/
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I have albums 44-45 and 47-53 on my ipod and then I believe about 50 Audiobooks!
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i have album 1-48 on my ipod. (120 gbs) and i combined and ripped them all to single file mp3's all total they are like 6 gb's so they do take a bit but i have 120 gb ipod so its not bad.. it has 90gb free space. i havent got around to ripping combining labeling the 49-53 albums yet. or the truth chronicles or live!.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I used to, but now I just have music. It takes up so much space.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I hardly ever have AIO stories on mine. But I do have all the theme song except for one on my MP3 player. Also I do put some AIO podcasts on sometimes.