Join the ToO's Basketball Challenge!

Hosted by ESPN.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Join the ToO's Basketball Challenge!

Post by American Eagle »

>> Click here to view/join the game! <<

We did this last year, and it was a blast! Basically, whoever wants to play will fill out a "Bracket" of which teams you think will win each game. If you pick the most games correctly, you'll receive a prize! (Probably $250 in ToO money.) Sign up for the game between now and Monday, and fill out the bracket sometime after Sunday night.

Here is how to sign up:
  1. Click the link above.
  2. If you've ever used ESPN.com before, log into your account. If not, there's a button to sign up for a free one. A pop-up will appear. Fill it out.
  3. Click the the button that says "CREATE AND JOIN". You have now been added to the game.
  4. Pick all the winning teams! Picking will begin on Sunday night.
So... who's interested? If 5 people play, maybe I'll consider changing the motto. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

Yaya! \:D/ Selection Sunday tomorrow, too! *excitement*
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Yay! So glad you started this AE! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I missed it. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:I missed it. :(
There's still time! Entires can be added/changed until noon on Thursday, March 17th, 2011.

Good to have you on board, IN and TKD. \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

I've got my picks done. (nothing like last minute! ;) ) Yes by all means do, bookworm! :) ;)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Oh, yay. :D
I joined. I’m not too good with brackets though.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

American Eagle wrote:If 5 people play, maybe I'll consider changing the motto. \:D/
Well, there's five entries now, but I'd hardly consider Obama an official player. :noway:

Woohoo, I can't wait to see if I can beat the President's entry. \:D/ He picked all #1 seeds, so it shall be hard. Good to have you onboard, bookworm!

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Can I get a placement/ranking update of the ToO players? It won't show up for me, or else I don't know how to get there. ;)

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

1. President Obama: 490 points (he's actually in the top 0.1% overall)
2. Invisible Ninja: 430 points
3. American Eagle: 350 points
4. bookworm: 330 points
Sadly, it says you didn't make any picks, TKD. I give you 5 honorary points. \:D/

The good news is we all picked a different national champion. (Obama = Kansas, IN = Pittsburgh, AE = Ohio St, bookworm = Notre Dame) Pitt and Notre Dame lost. ;)

Picking the final game is really important, so I'm glad Ohio State is still in this.

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Hmm, I filled it out.. :-k

That would explain why I can't see it. \:D/ Thanks. ;)

Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

American Eagle wrote:1. President Obama: 490 points (he's actually in the top 0.1% overall)
2. Invisible Ninja: 430 points
3. American Eagle: 350 points
4. bookworm: 330 points
Sadly, it says you didn't make any picks, TKD. I give you 5 honorary points. \:D/

The good news is we all picked a different national champion. (Obama = Kansas, IN = Pittsburgh, AE = Ohio St, bookworm = Notre Dame) Pitt and Notre Dame lost. ;)

Picking the final game is really important, so I'm glad Ohio State is still in this.
Oh be quiet. xD You better hope KU doesn't win though or somebody's gonna have a top spot. :P
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Oh, man! I wish I'd seen this before the Tourney started. How 'bout those upsets yesterday? CRAZY! They threw off my bracket. After the second round, though, I was ahead of President Obama. :shock: I didn't think my bracket was going to do that well... :p
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

JesusIsAlive wrote:Oh, man! I wish I'd seen this before the Tourney started. How 'bout those upsets yesterday? CRAZY! They threw off my bracket. After the second round, though, I was ahead of President Obama. :shock: I didn't think my bracket was going to do that well... :p
JIA, our group isn't locked, so if you made a bracket with ESPN, you could probably still join. \:D/

And yeah, Duke's loss was amazing. I want Butler to make the Final Four (losing to Kansas, of course).

Agent 86
0x Moderator 0x Admin
0x Moderator 0x Admin

Post by Agent 86 »

American Eagle wrote:
JesusIsAlive wrote:Oh, man! I wish I'd seen this before the Tourney started. How 'bout those upsets yesterday? CRAZY! They threw off my bracket. After the second round, though, I was ahead of President Obama. :shock: I didn't think my bracket was going to do that well... :p
JIA, our group isn't locked, so if you made a bracket with ESPN, you could probably still join. \:D/

And yeah, Duke's loss was amazing. I want Butler to make the Final Four (losing to Kansas, of course).
:shame: on you AE wanting Kansas to lose :x
^AIOluver^

Who am I? I'd rather not answer that question, the real question is, "Who are you?". Right now I am trying to think of something witty to put here.. I might not find anything, but that's fine. This block of text should be fine for a signature. Wait, are you still reading this? Why are you reading this? Stop. Seriously.
STOP.
This sentence is true.
The sentence above is false.

I dare you not to read this.
Hey! I said not to read this.
Maybe if I talk like this.
Wait, you still see me? *sighs* I give up.

http://blackgaardscastle.forumotion.com/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

This is why I tend not to do brackets. :P
I'm not in last anymore though. \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Well... Obama won. By a lot. I already pay too much taxes, so I'm not going to send him the $250. :P

Final standings:
1. President Obama (650 points)
2. Invisible Ninja (550 points)
3. JesusIsAlive (460 points)
4. bookworm (450 points)
5. American Eagle (430 points)
6. The Kings Daughter (didn't make any picks)

For getting second place (and/or being the #1 real player), IN will receive $100 in winnings. This was fun. \:D/

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

xD

Good job bro. ;)

Just was well I didn't make any picks on ESPN, I did awful this year. ;)

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I should just say I was picking the women’s tournament. I had two of the Final Four, and almost the Champion. :P