New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

AIO Psyche wrote:I will give you that, she is smart. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing. And she is gonna sell massive amounts of her new album. Bet.
Well, it's not like you're arguing against anything else. I only brought it up (in jest -- maybe I shouldn't have edited out that part about how, normally, I can't complain about needing to have the last word...) because you said it to begin with.
Last edited by Caswin on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Lady Gaga's weird; she's amazing at generating publicity, but she's weird.

Music-wise, her songs sound great, but when someone's blatantly pressing amoral messages at you through their lyrics, and supporting causes that go against your beliefs, you can't just gloss their works over and say that it's good because it encourages confidence and acceptance, or whatever they say. If it goes against the Bible, it goes against the Bible. No exceptions. And, as the saying goes: garbage in, garbage out.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Sapphire wrote:
iluvsns wrote:
takeitfromthetop wrote:wow I didn't know you all liked Lady Gaga. I very much dislike her. she doesn't stand for Christian principles.
Thank you tiftt... I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but Lady GaGa is wrong. She sometimes wears extremely indecent outfits. Anyone else agree?
Definitely. Even when I went to listen to the preview of "Born This Way," I was shocked at how she was dressed (or undressed).
I didn't even want to look. But I listened to about 4 seconds of the preview. That was enough.

\:D/
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

I'm currently rocking out to some 'Born This Way', and I gotta tell ya, it's kind of epic.

=D>

:-s

Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

The raw amount of cleavage shown from GaGa's outfit was disconcerting.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Johnny wrote:The raw amount of cleavage shown from GaGa's outfit was disconcerting.
Most of her fans are gay men so I suppose that doesn't matter. =;
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

This is not good. Over 100 posts about Lady Gag on the ToO. :blah:
Gag me with a fork lift.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Well, if you take into account its been more or less one person singing her praises and lots of people saying they don't like her, its not so bad. ;)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Yeah. No one but one person seems to like her. Which is completely awesome.
he/him | a little stinker.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Steve wrote:Yeah. No one but one person seems to like her. Which is completely awesome.
I'm believing that since this is a Christian thread that there will be more of the majority who are conservatives. Most Christian Conservatives generally tend to stray away from entertainment that is deemed unGodly. Which itself is not technically a bad thing, but sometimes are missing out on some good Movies and music.

Lady Gaga message mostly appeals to Liberals (since she did state is far left morally and politically) and the LGBTcommunity (obvious reasons, she did state in crying tears that the new album will mostly be dedicating it to them).

Of course how she became a big hit (with a big fanbase) is that she can actually sing and write her own music (unlike most pop artist) and knows how to advertise herself. Marketing genius she is.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Johnny wrote:The raw amount of cleavage shown from GaGa's outfit was disconcerting.
Most of her fans are gay men so I suppose that doesn't matter. =;
lol win.
iluvsns wrote:This is not good. Over 100 posts about Lady Gag on the ToO. :blah:
Gag me with a fork lift.
lol what the... you're exactly like some troll that could randomly post in the Narnia thread and be like "I can't believe people are discussing this on here! ABOMINATION."
your post offers no worthwhile critique or anything of substance, and merely comes off as obnoxious ignorance. >_>
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:Most of her fans are gay men so I suppose that doesn't matter. =;
Most of the people who don't like her are hateful bigots and conservative nut jobs!

See? We can both play this game! \:D/ \:D/

gunblader3 wrote:Of course how she became a big hit (with a big fanbase) is that she can actually sing and write her own music (unlike most pop artist) and knows how to advertise herself. Marketing genius she is.
Precisely. She has GENUIN TALENT. Which is more than almost every artist can say today. She is a true, genuine artist. And yes, her marketing is brilliant. She knows how to guide her career.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

And most of the people on this board are hateful bigots and conservative nut jobs!!! \:D/
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Jelly wrote:
iluvsns wrote:This is not good. Over 100 posts about Lady Gag on the ToO. :blah:
Gag me with a fork lift.
lol what the... you're exactly like some troll that could randomly post in the Narnia thread and be like "I can't believe people are discussing this on here! ABOMINATION."
your post offers no worthwhile critique or anything of substance, and merely comes off as obnoxious ignorance. >_>
Excuse me Jelly? I think I'm entitled to my opinion. Lady Gaga is not Christian and everything she stands for is wrong. I could never say something uplifting about her or her music. That's all. And I want to listen to the type of music that pleases God. Her's doesn't.

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

iluvsns wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Gag me with a fork lift.
Excuse me Jelly? I think I'm entitled to my opinion. Lady Gaga is not Christian and everything she stands for is wrong. I could never say something uplifting about her or her music. That's all. And I want to listen to the type of music that pleases God. Her's doesn't.
I agree with you iluvsns; except I don't think the TYPE of music matters; rather the lyrics and the meanings behind them matter more. Type is a matter of personal taste.

Thank you.

Till the end of the line.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Shennifer wrote:
iluvsns wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Gag me with a fork lift.
I agree with you iluvsns; except I don't think the TYPE of music matters; rather the lyrics and the meanings behind them matter more. Type is a matter of personal taste.

Thank you.
I partially agree. :yes: But the meanings behind the music are very important.

Johnny

Post by Johnny »

I'm going to be honest here. I don't like GaGa. I mean, I respect her and I wish I could like her but I'm not a fan of her music. I respect what she stands for and I acknowledge the fact that she has talent but I'm just not interested in that brand of music.
everything she stands for is wrong.
Even her stands on immigration? Her belief that we should love our neighbors despite the fact that they are different from us?
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Johnny wrote:
everything she stands for is wrong.
Even her stands on immigration? Her belief that we should love our neighbors despite the fact that they are different from us?
Maybe not everything, but the bad definitely outweighs the good.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

What bad outweighs the good? You have yet to give a comprehensive list of what's wrong with her that makes her such a bad person/artist.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

What is her stand on immigration? :-k

Honestly, I've never heard of her until this topic...so I went to check her out for myself. I respect her as a person. I don't like certain things though and I won't listen to her music. Her style of dressing made me cringe, I couldn't even understand the words she was singing, and the music hurt my ears. Thus, I shan't listen to her songs \:D/
~Forever at her Savior's side.~