New Spiderman Series

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm not saying LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD thinks that way, but it is not the common view of the film.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

I'll hold my judgement on Spider-man 4 until some story line gets leaked.
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Well, I think it's basically supposed to be a remake, right?
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Ya, it's true... Spiderman 3 happened to be my favorite of the three. It had its obvious and painful flaws, yes, but... I happened to really like it. ;) And while it's true that it got a lot of poor reviews, I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone hated it. I've seen mostly mixed reviews, actually.

But either way, no one can really argue that the trilogy in its entirety was a big success. So... I still don't get the reboot. :|

edit: I realize, Top, that you're coming from a background of actually reading the old comics and viewing Spiderman from that point of view. I just viewed it as a movie. :P I've heard that the comic-lovers were the ones that had issues with it, and I get that.
Last edited by jelly on Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Official title: The Amazing Spider-Man

Here's the first official photo (click for a bigger size):

It looks pretty good, I guess. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

The only "MAIN" reason a lot of people hated the third movie was because of all the hype with Venom (the most liked Spiderman character) being in the movie. The fact that he only got a cameo in the last 20 minutes of the movie made it a complete downer. Plus
Eddie Brock dieing at the end? What the heck?
Also almost no one cared about the super villain Sandman. Also plus as compare to the the first 2 movies, it was much more loyal to the comic book (not 100% of course) and much better structured than the 3rd movie.

I also have mixed feelings about this movie because its not directed by Sam Raimi. He's such a great director, but screwed up with Spiderman 3. Why did he refuse to make a fourth movie?
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

He wanted to make a forth movie with the original cast. They were all on board. Sony said LOL NO WE DON'T LIKE YOUR IDEAS and dumped all of them.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I do not think I will be seeing this movie. I have no interest in Spider-Man at all.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

^ what? how can you say that? its MARVEL! *shakes head. Just call me a geek but I have been trying to watch every new Marvel and DC movies that come out.
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Bring back Nicholas Hammond, and we'll talk.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

I like Emma Stone but not with blonde hair, red/brown looked better!!
Kairi

Post by Kairi »

I'm looking forward to this mainly because of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, and the fact that this one looks like it'll be a lot darker/serious as compared to the others. Albeit, I only saw half of the first one, but it looked a little too goofy for my tastes. :anxious: I should probably watch all of them without passing judgment, however.

It's also directed by the guy who made (500) Days of Summer, so that should be interesting. \:D/
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

*thread merged*

I think it is a little too early to reboot the franchise but it looks decent enough I suppose.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Cool, but I think I will probably like the old ones better. We'll see I guess.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I personally adore the original trilogy*, and just bought a special edition of 1-3 today. I'll miss Tobey and Dunst.
  • Showing his parents' departure was nice... I always wondered about them (having not read the comics).
  • 0:55... yeah, this guy is even geekier than Tobey was.
  • I didn't like the spider-bite scenes. It felt way too much like I've seen it before, but better.
  • Peter's aunt certainly looks young; probably a good thing.
  • The POV shots were decent.
  • I love the logo!
So yeah, the trailer really didn't have much to it. A good teaser, I guess. I'll probably see it in theaters.

*This new series is hereby named the Spider-Man prequel...trilogy.

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Meh.

..ya, that's where my current opinion stands.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Taps

Post by Taps »

Yay this is going to SUCK!!! :D ... yeah I don't have high hopes for this.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I'm still mad Logan Lerman didn't get this part. :x

...but I'll see it anyway. :P I like Spidey well enough. *shrugs*
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

That. Was. Awful. :displeased:

I mean, at first I was like, "okay, this could be pretty good." Then I saw him swinging around in the city. :thud: It looked like a video game! THAT WAS TERRIBLE! I also didn't like the view point...and I totally hate the idea of him having web cartridges. I mean, he may as well have never been bit at all since he can't even produce his own web. :doubt: I know they are trying to make it like the comics, but they could've at least left out that detail.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

A new trailer has been released.

I heard that some people think it looks amazing, and it does look decent, but to me, it looks almost as good as the 2002 version. :anxious: