Is Connie's Character going anywhere?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Although, it has NEVER actually been said on the SHOW that Connie's going to college. It was in the little character blurbs that were in the booklet in Album 51, but on the show itself, it hasn't been said or ever even hinted that Connie's doing any post secondary.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

No wonder I didn't know, if it wasn't even on the show itself.

I've only heard the episodes online.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

But its on the source of truth. AIOWIKI.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

Connie should be with Eugene. *cough* Just sayin..
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Connie may need a purpose, but she doesn't have to change. I hate it when so-called fans start harping about this.
he/him | a little stinker.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

Eugene Meltsner Fan wrote:Connie should be with Eugene. *cough* Just sayin..
I'll say!
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

The Chairman wrote:Connie may need a purpose, but she doesn't have to change. I hate it when so-called fans start harping about this.
All humans change, to some extent, over the years. I've seen a girl I know change and grow a lot in just two years, so it makes sense that in the course of about five, six, maybe seven years, Odyssey-time, Connie would also change a lot...as she has.

Connie's gone from point to point: from the agnostic fifteen-year-old who wanted nothing more than to return to California, to the girl who learned to believe in God, to the eager (but inexperienced) new Christian, who wanted to tell everyone in the world about her beliefs, who was shortly thereafter forced to dump Jeff Lewis, to the mature young lady who decided not to pray the official school prayer, who had an angel personally deliver her a message, and who began working to help the less fortunate, and to reach out for God, at the Timothy Center, to the woman that broke up her long-term relationship with Robert Mitchell, helped Jimmy Barclay get back on the right path, and tried to comfort Mandy Straussberg.

Most of those are highlights. If you want, I can list a few lowlights too, but the fact is that she's been changing ever since the beginning...the episodes where they *don't* try to change her, or have her learn anything, are the ones where she hits her lowlights...because someone who doesn't learn from their mistakes and improve, as a person, is someone that isn't growing, and if you aren't growing, you're shrinking, because life goes by the laws of entropy and everything that isn't being maintained and built up is being broken down. Connie whining about her cell phone, telling that horrible joke to Lawrence Hodges, and screaming at Kelly all prove this.

Connie without change and without purpose is a useless character, and unessential to the show, as most of the recent episodes with her in them have proven. Your negative regards about this sentiment are duly noted, but I believe the evidence isn't with you in this case.