Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

We were browsing through a large toy store a few days ago when I came across a strange block of wood. Why is there would at a toy store? Upon further investigation, I discovered it is wood used to make model air-planes and such. As I raid the label, a familiar name came into view—thin balsa wood. \:D/

That name immediately reminded me of The Champ of the Camp. I can confidently report that if you stepped on this thin wood, you'd fall through. :yes:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

So I was reading a book called Heartless, and this character showed up at the end whose name was Captain Catspaw. :)
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

EMBEE wrote:So I was reading a book called Heartless, and this character showed up at the end whose name was Captain Catspaw. :)
That is totally amazing! \:D/ I must read that book. ;)
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I was watching Psych last night and one of the actresses looked like Katie Leigh. It wasn't her, but it sure looked like her.
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

I thought of this thread while a truck passed by. It said "Walton" on it. Reminded me of Bernard Walton. It's not much but it did remind me of Odyssey.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

A few days ago, when I was researching for a presentation, one link said Walton something. And last night in art class, the teacher, in talking to one girl who wants to use wood for her project, mentioned thin balsa wood.

Till the end of the line.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

When we were in Revelstoke camping this summer, we were at a cow farm that said Holstein Cows in big letters :O
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

There's this book called Elsie's Endless Wait, and in the radio drama version of it, Aria Curzon voices the title character, and it is narrated by Dianne Michelle (voice of Doctor Morton) and Phil Lollar. I wasn't sure it was Phil Lollar until today when I listened to it again, and now I'm absolutely positive it was him. Whats funny though, is that I actually heard it before I had heard very many AIO episodes, so when I heard them in Odyssey I actually recognized them from the audio book.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I'm reminded of Odyssey almost every dinner time. I can't seem to make it through a meal without quoting SOMETHING from Odyssey!
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Everytime I see this kid in school who has the same name as Jesus_Minime, I can't help but think of Odyssey. :p I don't know why.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Probably 'cause I'm such a big fan! :D
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

That too. ;) Maybe it's because I think he looks like someone from AIO. But even though he doesn't look like you, that's sort of what I picture you as, even though I know you look different from him.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

Today my mom said that she was going to call somebody whose name was Guy, which made me think of Madge and Guy. And then my mom and I were listening to "Where's Your Daddy?" in the car together and my mom told me that she had a friend from high school who was named Julie Myers.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

Today during family devotions we were asked what line Jesus came from. I answered Israel, or Jacob. My little brother just couldn't help himself and blurted out "ISOM". Of course Jacob Isom is the biggest AIO fan webmaster, so I thought this deserved to be here.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

As I was driving I saw a van. It said "Walton" on it. I seem to be running into Mr. Walton a lot. xD
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Whenever someone even says, "Whit" I look around for a fat guy in an apron.
he/him | a little stinker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

We have a Campbell County near where we live. :D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

this has probably been posted before by my sister, but there's a Connie Kendall who lives in our neighborhood back home.

Till the end of the line.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Shennifer wrote:this has probably been posted before by my sister, but there's a Connie Kendall who lives in our neighborhood back home.
Wow. :shock:

There's a Connie who's a leader at youth group, and every time I hear her name, I think of Dr. Blackgaard. No duh. Connie.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yay for Connie being a common name. \:D/ My brother married a lady named Connie last summer, and they'll be coming here for Christmas!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.