I just bought the greatest animated movie of all time.......

Tale as old as time.......

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

I was once in a Beauty and the Beast play. I think it's called Tale as Old As Time, but I'm not sure.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

It's called 'Beauty and the Beast'. Trust me, I would know. ;)

I actually have it on VHS. It's nearly broken now because I've watched it dozen upon dozens of times.

A few years ago, I was in the play. It was the best summer of my life. :yes:
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

StrongNChrist wrote:I always thought it was "Tale As Old As Time" too :-k You sure it's called "Beauty and the Beast?" :-s
Look at the soundtrack listing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauty_and ... oundtrack)

Don't try and argue Disney knowledge or info with a Walt Disney World Cast Member. You will not win.

I know these things. I work for Disney. LOL :lol: 8-)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

Gah I don't like that movie.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I love that movie! The other day my friends and I were singing Be Our Guest at the top of our lungs...
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I picked up the FutureShop exclusive IronPack on release day. I liked this movie when I was a kid, but I now realize that I never appreciated just how incredible this movie is on every level. I don't think it would be overstating things to say that it's the best Disney animated movie ever made. On a technical note, the video and audio transfer on Blu-ray are stunning, especially considering I've only ever seen the movie on VHS before.

Boy, this is an expensive holiday season for movies. I've already picked up Karate Kid, How to Train Your Dragon and the Back to the Future Trilogy, but there's still Toy Story 3, The Sound of Music, Fantasia and Despicable Me to go. :(
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Boswell wrote:I picked up the FutureShop exclusive IronPack on release day. I liked this movie when I was a kid, but I now realize that I never appreciated just how incredible this movie is on every level. I don't think it would be overstating things to say that it's the best Disney animated movie ever made. On a technical note, the video and audio transfer on Blu-ray are stunning, especially considering I've only ever seen the movie on VHS before.

Boy, this is an expensive holiday season for movies. I've already picked up Karate Kid, How to Train Your Dragon and the Back to the Future Trilogy, but there's still Toy Story 3, The Sound of Music, Fantasia and Despicable Me to go. :(
You aren't anywhere near out of line saying that. It truly is the crowning achievement of Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Well, on an animation level, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas are two of the most beautifully animated movies in history. Sleeping Beauty on Blu-Ray is just stunning. It truly was one of Walt's greatest achievements.

And the meeting scene between Pocahontas and John Smith is one of the most beautifully animated scenes in history. It's breathtakingly beautiful.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

AIO Psyche wrote:Well, on an animation level, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas are two of the most beautifully animated movies in history. Sleeping Beauty on Blu-Ray is just stunning. It truly was one of Walt's greatest achievements.

And the meeting scene between Pocahontas and John Smith is one of the most beautifully animated scenes in history. It's breathtakingly beautiful.
I could never take Pocahontas very seriously. Now matter how beautifully animated, I'm against any movie that tells me to be kind to nature [he said while throwing out the plastic bags he used to carry home his 2-litre pop bottles, which he will not recycle]. If that's the next movie out of the Vault, I'm not buying. I'll go for The Lion King next fall, and Aladdin, Mulan and Lilo & Stitch when they eventually get announced, but Beauty and the Beast is the one I'm most proud of owning.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Boswell wrote:I could never take Pocahontas very seriously. Now matter how beautifully animated, I'm against any movie that tells me to be kind to nature
So, you like abusing the earth that god gave us? You don't like movies with morally right messages? :-s

Anyone who is against against taking care of and respecting the environment is a little silly in the head if you ask me! \:D/

Besides, that isn't the only message in Pocahontas.

There is the message of racism being wrong and destructive to a society. Of treating people equal, and respecting the environment. God himself said that we are stewards of this world. How can you be against a movie that beautifully and movingly expresses this message?
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I never liked the movie Pocahontas either. Mainly because they completely changed the true story of Pocahontas.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Pocahontas has to be one the most dazzling films ever and not just in the animated category. It's not meant to be historically accurate, it's fiction inspired by a true story. If you want the real story, go watch a documentary or read a text book. Just try and watch the movie and don't take it as fact.

If you just watch the part where Pocahontas meets John Smith...well, just watch it for yourself. There are no words to describe it. :inlove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMMs7SNrJQ

^The most beautiful three minutes ever. :yes:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I really want to see Beauty and Beast again! It's been a long time. It'd be nice to buy it, because last time I watched it, the rented DVD skipped around at the end, which was a bummer.

Till the end of the line.
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Shennifer wrote:I really want to see Beauty and Beast again! It's been a long time. It'd be nice to buy it, because last time I watched it, the rented DVD skipped around at the end, which was a bummer.
That's okay, the ending isn't worth seeing. Total let down. You wouldn't be interested.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Dr. Watson wrote:"Be Our Guest" pwns "Beauty and the Beast." \:D/
Completely. :yes:

Or the "Gaston" song... "No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston!" \:D/

This movie was really amazing when it came out for the ballroom scene. Nothing like that had been done before. You guys are used to computer animation and just how far that can go, but this was a breakthrough.
AIO Psyche wrote:Don't try and argue Disney knowledge or info with a Walt Disney World Cast Member. You will not win.

I know these things. I work for Disney. LOL :lol: 8-)
Quick, name all of Ariel's sisters without looking them up! Actually, that was on a quiz when I first started working at The Disney Store. What was the first movie to use the multiplane camera? What are the names of Mickey's nephews? What mountain is at Disneyland but not Walt Disney World?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

darcie wrote:Or the "Gaston" song... "No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston!" \:D/
"I'm especially good at expectorating!" I don't think I understood a bit of that song when I was a kid. It's a lyrical masterpiece!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"Beauty and the Beast" is one of my favourite Disney movies and the songs are totally amazing! \:D/ However, I saw the stage version last summer and bought the Broadway cast soundtrack because I loved the "extra"songs so much. They really do add to the story. It's still Disney - there are just more songs. Gaston has a hilarious number entitled "Me" that is just amazingly funny (I sing along with with both Gaston and Belle's part, just for fun!) \:D/ and Belle's song "Home" with a pay-off at the end with a reprise of the tune with new lyrics (if that's the right way to say it) is really great. The Beast's "If I Can't Love Her" is also great. Basically, if you love "Beauty and the Beast" you should try to see/hear the full version, not just the movie version. \:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I can't say that I love it. Or even really like it. I'm going to get slammed multiple times for that. I tend to get bored fairly quickly with it. (I do like the Gaston song. Or maybe just rewriting it with stupid new lyrics :D .) Of course, I'm not so big into watching movies a lot. Sorry. :p
he/him | a little stinker.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I got a chance to rewatch this last night! I liked it very much, for an unknown reason. I didn't laugh much. I wasn't thrilled. It wasn't incredible special effects. I even knew the ending backways for forwards. Nevertheless, I was gripped from beginning to end, and the movie really is one of the best ever animated.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

I refuse to buy it. Because it's a dvd/blue ray combo. I hate those!!! Anything to make a buck seriously. That's
why I refuse to buy a blue ray player. You spend an extra 10 bucks on new movies. :(
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i like chip.. and i have batb on my ext hdd. so count me as a fan. :)
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.