Swing Music

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Swing Music

Post by Irwin »

It's great! \:D/

EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Ah, Benny Goodman! I'm in a homeschool jazz band, and I love this kind of music.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Ya, swing is pretty cool. I'm not that into it, but I like it now and then. I really like Louis Armstrong. He's not exactly swing though, is he?
Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

fletcher henderson... is my first choice then benny goodman. i'd have to go back through my ext hdd. to find all the swing bands i love.

:)
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Swing is fun, and by far my favourite part of jazz. I think jazz should be played far more frequently on the radio.

Cbriggs45
Pilgrim

Post by Cbriggs45 »

i totally agree with you on all points.
you can learn a lot from job 38-42, being humble isn't the easiest but its worth it.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Oh it don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing...
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I love In the Mood!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Eugene Meltsner Fan
Gold Member

Post by Eugene Meltsner Fan »

I loved swing ever since the marching band! Our school did a swing theme. It was cool. I went out and bought the Swing Kids sound track. I loved it! I do not know many swing artists but, I really love swing.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Laurie wrote:I love In the Mood!!
That's a good song! But I hate playing on my tenor saxophone, because its just a pain to play.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother

Post by 31899 »

I always find it so hard to believe that people stopped liking swing twice. Swing dancing is the only dancing I wish I new because swing music is amazing and it looks intensely fun. On another note I actually own a Benny Goodman record \:D/

Steve

Post by Steve »

I like the old W's music. It kind of makes me laugh.
he/him | a little stinker.
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

I'm in an online jazz class and after learning about all the different styles of jazz, I think Swing is my favorite. I wish more people knew how to swing dance.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.