TWLOHA day

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

TWLOHA day

Post by Candy »

Hey... just wanted to let you know that today is "to write love on her arms" day. You can write the word "Love" on your arm today to raise awareness for teen depression and suicide. Yep... So.. :-
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I wrote 'Loved' on my arms yesterday because I thought TWLOHA was yesterday. And I wrote Loved because...well because I wanted to.

Till the end of the line.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

That's interesting, I have never heard of it but it sounds like an interesting idea.

Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I guess I take Leviticus 19:28 literally. Thats a nice cause though!

\:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

So, that's why my friend had "LOVE" on his arm the other day. That's a great cause. I hope I will be able to participate in it next year.
Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

You forgot about the self-harm part. It's to help people dealing with depression, addiction, and self-harm.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Quite a few people I knew wrote 'love' on their arms that day. A boy I knew of from our local high school shot himself a few weeks ago. Many people had 'love' on their arms in his memory. I was one of them.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

iluvsns wrote:I guess I take Leviticus 19:28 literally. Thats a nice cause though!
Wow!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

I personally think it's dumb. You're not really helping anybody by writing 'love' on your arm. It's like "Oh, I was just about to commit suicide... but now that I saw the word love on Prescilla's arm I'm all better. I'm one of the happiest people in the world now." Yah... right, how about really helping someone. \:D/
Go Celtics \:D/!
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Steehl wrote:I personally think it's dumb. You're not really helping anybody by writing 'love' on your arm. It's like "Oh, I was just about to commit suicide... but now that I saw the word love on Prescilla's arm I'm all better. I'm one of the happiest people in the world now." Yah... right, how about really helping someone. \:D/
It may not make the person in question the happiest person in the world, but it might help them know that there are people in this world who will and do love them and only want the best for them. It also raises awareness, which is never a bad thing.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
iluvsns wrote:I guess I take Leviticus 19:28 literally. Thats a nice cause though!
Wow!
Did you read it? I will quote it for those of you who didn't: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

\:D/
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Kairi wrote:
Steehl wrote:I personally think it's dumb. You're not really helping anybody by writing 'love' on your arm. It's like "Oh, I was just about to commit suicide... but now that I saw the word love on Prescilla's arm I'm all better. I'm one of the happiest people in the world now." Yah... right, how about really helping someone. \:D/
It may not make the person in question the happiest person in the world, but it might help them know that there are people in this world who will and do love them and only want the best for them. It also raises awareness, which is never a bad thing.
It's not only for suicidal people, but their peers. 'Love' on their arms reminds them to reach out and embrace the hurting and the unloved.
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

You do realize that that part of Leviticus was for a certain group of people, right?

-- Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 pm --

I wrote love on my arm! and kept it there for several days. I did it for reasons I would rather not say though.
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

Although I don't think it really helps anybody... it isn't wrong to do, Iluvsns. \:D/
Go Celtics \:D/!