Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

The guy at the beginning of The Fight by The Classic Crime sounds kinda like Bryan Dern.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I starting using phrases like "to borrow the colloquialism" and "the proverbial..." in my college papers...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

My sisters were watching Buster & Chauncey's Silent Night, and I immediately noticed the voice of Townsend Coleman. It's amazing how much voice work he does!
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Elrohir wrote:I starting using phrases like "to borrow the colloquialism" and "the proverbial..." in my college papers...
Cool! I do that sometimes when I talks. :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

ric wrote:The guy at the beginning of The Fight by The Classic Crime sounds kinda like Bryan Dern.
I disagree, I like The classic crime's music far more than Corey Burtons singing :P
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Jesus_Minime wrote:
ric wrote:The guy at the beginning of The Fight by The Classic Crime sounds kinda like Bryan Dern.
I disagree, I like The classic crime's music far more than Corey Burtons singing :P
I was talking about the announcer at the beginning of the song, "The Fight", not the singer. ;)
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I love quoting Nathaniel to people:

"It would be funny if it wasn't so.......unfunny"

haha
They're always like......"What's the from?!"
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I inject Odyssey quotes into my life all the time, and laugh at myself, and people stare at me, because only I understand...
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

There was a category on Jeopardy the other day called "I Want My MTV". :anxious:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I was reading in Left Behind, and there's the quote "Chloe Williams will rue the day".
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I inject Odyssey quotes into my life all the time, and laugh at myself, and people stare at me, because only I understand...
I do that too! :lol: It's great! \:D/

My older brother and sister used to argue like Eugene and Connie. :lol: I used to love to just sit back and watch... and laugh. :D
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I saw the name David Parker on a sign the other day.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

My little sister and I are both huge Odyssey buffs, so if we're talking to one other person, then we'll both interject Odyssey quotes, and laugh at each other, and go into are own little "ESP" kinda thing, while the other person thinks "Oh, it's Odyssey stuff again."
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I was randomly reading an old Nancy Drew casefiles (or is it just files?) book and there was a Mr. Whittaker and also a John and Jenny! Very odd. The John and Jenny in this story were the bad guys, but still, the name combination made me laugh, especially since there was a different character (a good one) named Mr. Whittaker.
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

There is actually a Mr. Whittaker whom owns a Christian book store (New Life) near where I live. ;)
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Jess Harnell on America's Funniest Home Videos always kind of makes me think of Wooten. :) He he . I like Wooten.
he/him | a little stinker.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

In the latest issue of Christianity Today magazine there's an article about the Fisk Jubilee Singers. :yes:

I didn't even know they were real...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

This bands lead singer kind of reminds me of Wooton... But then again, that's probably because Jess Harnell is the lead singer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr4HffbAUTk
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I saw an advertisement for the Honda Odyssey, and we also saw one on the road. Good name for a car! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I met this highschool girl the other day who had this reeeaaaly high pitched voice, which made me think of Connie.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother