Post your before and after pics!!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I'll just come outright and say it--I'm not allowed to post pictures of myself on the Internet. I'm not ashamed to admit it either.
\:D/

Laura, that's an adorable picture! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Termite wrote:Suure... He married his sister... =P

*cough* Marvin, your little brother was adorable. :inlove:
I just told him, and he's mad at me. ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

Before (about the time I joined the ToO)
Now, well...actually- last year...but, close enough.
Now, well...actually- last year...but, close enough.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Ruthie wrote:Before (about the time I joined the ToO)
now.jpg

Wow!!! Very nice!!! You look fantastic!
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I probably could post a pic of myself but most of the time I choose not to. my dads already a little iffy about me talking to people I don't know. but he lets me on. I could probably get away with posting a pic or two but that would be sneaky.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

](*,) Why I'm doing this IDk...

Before...

After...

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

StrongNChrist wrote:Internet can be a very dangerous place. You never know what guest comes on and looks at the pictures and profiles and such. some might be not so good people. There's been plenty of stories of teenage girls who were abducted (and I'm sure boys too, but I never hear about those :- ) because they trusted someone online, gave out too much information, and later found out that person wasn't who they said they were.
lol... there's a massive difference between posting a picture of yourself and telling a random stranger where you live. ;) There's too many parents out there who think their kids will get kidnapped if they simply post a picture of themselves... it's ridiculous.

AE... I luv your "without a haircut" picture. :lol:
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Jelly wrote:lol... there's a massive difference between posting a picture of yourself and telling a random stranger where you live. ;) There's too many parents out there who think their kids will get kidnapped if they simply post a picture of themselves... it's ridiculous.
Very well said, sir.

Way too many parents think of the world as being nothing but an evil, scary, and deadly place, and that if their child steps out of the house to go to the mailbox, then they are gonna be shot and killed.

Its rather amusing, actually to see parents placing absurd limits and rules on their kids that do nothing but make the children wanna rebel. I know, my parents tried that with me. It didn't take. LOL

I guess I say all this to say, "Parents, just........relaaaaaaaaaaaax." :p
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

..And so you haven't heard about the stories of abductions from creepers online? :-s
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Shadowfax wrote:..And so you haven't heard about the stories of abductions from creepers online? :-s
Something tells me that the person was told by the child where they live because the 'creeper' gained the childs trust. It has nothing to do with posting a picture of yourself.

If a creeper really wanted to know where you live, they would search your IP address, and find where you live.

I challenge you to find a case where the person found out where the child lived, and came and abducted that child all because they posted a picture of themselves.

Besides, most of these people being told by their parents that they can't post pictures of themselves are 14, 15, and 16.......It's not like they are little kids. They are older. Frankly, in my opinion, its kinda absurd the way alot of parents are so incredibly strict on their kids, into even their late teens. It serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

AIO Psyche wrote:
Jelly wrote:lol... there's a massive difference between posting a picture of yourself and telling a random stranger where you live. ;) There's too many parents out there who think their kids will get kidnapped if they simply post a picture of themselves... it's ridiculous.
Very well said, sir.

Way too many parents think of the world as being nothing but an evil, scary, and deadly place, and that if their child steps out of the house to go to the mailbox, then they are gonna be shot and killed.

Its rather amusing, actually to see parents placing absurd limits and rules on their kids that do nothing but make the children wanna rebel. I know, my parents tried that with me. It didn't take. LOL

I guess I say all this to say, "Parents, just........relaaaaaaaaaaaax." :p
THIS.

Shadowfax... go visit a random chat room and tell someone where you live. Then you may get "abducted" by on online creeper... IF they happen to live close to you and think it's worth the trouble.

Maybe there's a few horror stories out there... but the problem comes when those stories get blown out of proportion and everyone thinks it's gonna happen every time.

It's far more likely that your creepy neighbor will abduct you then some random person online. ;)

EDIT: What AIOP said. :P
Last edited by jelly on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

k, but posting a pic adds to it. we all know that AIOP works at big thunder mountain in frontierland, disney world. now that we know what he looks like... not that im saying that anyone would want to stalk him, but the opportunity is there. :anxious:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shadowfax wrote:k, but posting a pic adds to it. we all know that AIOP works at big thunder mountain in frontierland, disney world. now that we know what he looks like... not that im saying that anyone would want to stalk him, but the opportunity is there. :anxious:
Heck ya, I would definitely go all the way to Disney World to stalk someone I met on a Christian message board just because I know what he looks like. \:D/
Last edited by jelly on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

but what snc said, anyone that's not registered on the too can look through posts, too. and what if u get a pretty 12-14 year old girl that posted just enough info about herself, including her pic? allot of weird people would go out of their way to find her. >_>
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Shadowfax wrote:but what snc said, anyone that's not registered on the too can look through posts, too. and what if u get a pretty 12-14 year old girl that posted just enough info about herself, including her pic? allot of weird people would go out of their way to find her. >_>
It's possible.

It's also possible for her house to get hit by a plane before this 1-in-a-million random creeper manages to track her exact location down and get to her.

;)
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Shadowfax wrote:k, but posting a pic adds to it. we all know that AIOP works at big thunder mountain in frontierland, disney world. now that we know what he looks like... not that im saying that anyone would want to stalk him, but the opportunity is there. :anxious:
:shock:

\:D/

Someone thinks I'm pretty, and wants to stalk me! \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*stalks AIOP*
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

Jelly wrote:*stalks AIOP*

:shock:

*runs and hids behind Cinderella Castle*
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Seriously, the internet isn't the safest of places. And not every child who has restrictions placed on them wants to rebel. I was never allowed to share my picture when I was younger. I actually liked that idea. Left people wondering and never knowing \:D/
But there really are pedophiles out there who go wandering around online, searching for people to harm. Mainly girls though. And it's possible to find someone with just a picture. If they know how. The government can do it, so others can too, if they know how and have the right equipment. But also putting up the picture can just be one step in a process of giving out too much information. first you give your name away, then your picture, later your age, and eventually you'll even give out your home town, or information that will give away your home town. I managed to find out where someone lived by just knowing their dad's first and last name. And that I discovered just by knowing what their last name was and their sister's name and the fact that she had a facebook page. It's not that hard to stalk someone online. That's why people need to be careful what information they give out. Because unless you know the person for sure you never know if they are who they say they are. Fake pictures and personalities is possible. ;)

And we're off topic now :-
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

StrongNChrist wrote:And we're off topic now :-
That we are.......

Now, let's get back to telling me how cute I am and how I look much better now! \:D/