Wooten vs. Harlow

how do you like better?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Who do you like better?

Wooten
68%
Harlow
32%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 22

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Wooten vs. Harlow

Post by Moontide »

Do you like Harlow or Wooten better?
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Wooton. Harlow is fine in small doses, he can be annoying if allowed to go on too long.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

Laurie wrote:Wooton. Harlow is fine in small doses, he can be annoying if allowed to go on too long.
Though a lot of people would say the same thing about Wooton, I agree with you. I've never really been a fan of Harlow.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Wooton ftw! \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Wooton, definitely. Harlow is okay (and fun to imitate :anxious: ), but he can get annoying.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Must I say this once again? Wooton is immature & childish. Grow up! #-o

Harlow is much better, by far. :noway:
*insert provocative quote here*
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I thought about making this same poll! I've expressed my opinion of Harlow in the other thread (he's not my favorite character).

Therefore, my vote went to Wooton Bassett. (Not Wooten, though; Catspaw corrected me on that long ago and I shall never forget. ;)) Wooton, in my opinion, is fun-loving, perfectly executes one-lines, and makes everything around him joyous. His relationships with characters like Grady have been very good. That's not to say he's flawless; stuff like being able to stick tongs up his nose isn't needed (in other words, I like when he's fun and exciting, but not when he's corny). Overall, I like him.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

oh wow....I don't know which one to pick. Before Wooton, and when we first met Harlow, I thought he was okay, not my favorite, but okay. I did not like Wooton at first; but he's grown on me because he's both silly and serious, whereas Harlow is just silly-but I think they're both great in different ways, though I like the depth they have given Wooton.

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I heard from Harlow first, but my vote goes to Wooton. I remember posting in an earlier thread that I wondered how in the world people didn't like Wooton. He's a wonderful example of coming to God with a child's heart, and he teaches in his own way. Add Jess Harnell to the role and you've got an amazing character! :D
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

As I said in the other thread, I like Harlow better. I sort of like Wooton, but as I said he has lost the thing that I used to like about him, I can't put my finger on it. I just don't like the way he acted in album 51. I liked him in his older episodes, H he just lost something in album 51. (Maybe they'll do better in 52.)
~Mark Prescott~
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

American Eagle wrote:(Not Wooten, though; Catspaw corrected me on that long ago and I shall never forget. ;))
Ya, that irritates me. :roll: Wooten is spelled like it would mean 'made of woots'. Wooton Bassett's name, however, comes from the old English for village on the wood. :wink:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

There are plenty of people named Wooten :noway:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooten
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I'm not really sure... I would say Wooton...... but I LOVE Harlow in "...But Not Forgotten"
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
American Eagle wrote:(Not Wooten, though; Catspaw corrected me on that long ago and I shall never forget. ;))
Ya, that irritates me. :roll: Wooten is spelled like it would mean 'made of woots'. Wooton Bassett's name, however, comes from the old English for village on the wood. :wink:
That's another pet peeve I have too. Wooten should be Wooton.
I don't think Harlow is annoying, but Wooton is much better than he is. Wooton is funny/silly, but he's also serious (Wooing Wooton, for example). Harlow is funny...but pointless.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

I like Wooten better, cause Wooten has more personality.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

I almost would say neither. However, I chose Wooton over Harlow, because Wooton seems more realistic in my opinion. Even though Wooton can get really annoying if there is too much of him. He would be more believable if he had a mental problem (which is how I make him out to be). He can be so cute/sweet sometimes. O:)

I think Wooton makes the show somewhat littlekidish at times. I mean, with all that talk of Power Boy. :roll:
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

snubs wrote:I think Wooton makes the show somewhat littlekidish at times. I mean, with all that talk of Power Boy. :roll:
Uhh... that's all Harlow ever does. He's rarely said a serious word in the show's history. >_>
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

The only time he's ever said a serious word in the show's history would be in "I Slap Floor," which was a gag episode anyway.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
snubs
Future Catspaw
Future Catspaw

Post by snubs »

American Eagle wrote:
snubs wrote:I think Wooton makes the show somewhat littlekidish at times. I mean, with all that talk of Power Boy. :roll:
Uhh... that's all Harlow ever does. He's rarely said a serious word in the show's history. >_>
I know Harlow does... but I'm talking about Wooton. Plus, for some reason I can bear Harlow a bit more then Wooton.. sometimes. :-
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
| Odyssey Chat | Odyssey Moments | OM Podcast | #NotAIOMerch |
orangie
OK

Post by orangie »

Wooten is definitely better. He is so funny =D> =D>