What do you think of album 51 ??

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

What do you think of album 51 ??

Post by Anemone »

What do you like and/or dislike about album 51?

Please discus your thoughts here.
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

All in all, it was an okay album. Target of the Week and The Jubilee Singers Parts I, II and II were great episodes, and Vance, Ken and Camilla were great new characters. A few other episodes were alright, such as For the Birds and Clutter. Overall, the "relaunch" was a slight disappointment. I give it a fairly average C+.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I LOVED The Jubilee Singers. That was definitely the highlight of album 51. :yes: And I agree with AE, Camilla is a very good addition.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Personally, I didn't like it very much. For one thing, it was geered toward a younger age, and it just didn't seem like Odyssey...at all. But, as The King s Daughter said, the Jubilee Singers was fantastic. One of the best things in the album!
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

this album is not my favorite because it seems more for 8-12, not like the older albums. And where did all the other families go? 'Cause you don't here from them as much, as before. Because I think the Parker family is in WAY too much. :roll:
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I enjoyed Grandma's Visit and The Jubilee Singers and that's about it. ;) The other episodes were fine, but not ones I'd really want to relisten to, honestly.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

I was really really disappointed, probably because I kept forgetting Whit was Whit since it was a different voice and then only thing reminding me was Connie saying "Oh Whit...." then I'd think, "Oh wow, that voice is supposed to be Whit!" I am thinking that might be the last album I buy unless someone comes out with really positive things to say about 52. Yes def. geared to younger listeners (and I'm old).
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I agree that it was geared toward young listeners. But, if I compared this to Album 26 (the album they put out after a long break, like Album 51), I would choose 51 no doubt. The first episode of 52 (Mystery of the Clock Tower) was incredible. I think it will just take some time for them to get back in the groove.

BTW, am I the only one that like Emily Jones?! She (and Camilla) are my favorite new characters. I don't like Matthew at all.

My opinion.
Thanks!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I don't like Emily all that much--she's okay, but her voice is getting really annoying.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I didn't really like Emily that much either. Her voice really can be pretty irritating after a while.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I dont care too much for the new characters.. but Matthew and Olivia seem okay I guess. Overall it was a very dissapointing album... but Album 52 is sounding much better. The Jubilee singers was good just like any historical Odyssey episode.. but thats about it!

\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

If Odyssey had gone for more gradual transition to the "new generation", then it might've come off better, but they didn't, so it didn't. I really liked the Jubilee Singers, but other than that, it didn't have much going for it with new story lines, families, Whit voice, art, and theme song.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

ok after listining to all of album 52 I think they could have done better with album 51 but all in all i'd give album 51 8/10 stars. my favorite episodes were Target of the Week, The Inspiration Station, and the Jubilee Singers, Game for a mystery was such a dud though!
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

takeitfromthetop wrote:ok after listining to all of album 52 I think they could have done better with album 51 but all in all i'd give album 51 8/10 stars. my favorite episodes were Target of the Week, The Inspiration Station, and the Jubilee Singers, Game for a mystery was such a dud though!
Hey :? I love Game for a Mystery :noway:
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

one word: *BLECH!*
actually the jubilee singers was excellent just as all the other historical episodes are... but the rest of them were rather childish to say the least. I think the writing team was getting a feel for where they wanted to go with Odyssey, and since album 51 was almost a complete failure, they seemed to regulate the changes a bit better in album 52. That is of course, my very insignificant opinion... does ANYONE agree with me?

\:D/
TigerintheShadows

I think Album 51 was a fair start--there were some episodes that were very good, some that were mediocre, and some that were outstanding. But we've had this before, and we'll likely have it again. I think a large part of it is due to an overload of a new family (perhaps the worst way to get used to them) and new writers (new writers aren't all necessarily bad, but they're new--they don't know what we expect out of an episode!). But there were good episodes, and these are where we find the rays of hope, to use a cheesy phrase. ;) So we've had flop episodes. Big deal. That was like, what, the entirety of the 2000 season? AIO has had its dork ages before, and it will have them again. The important things are to not only look for the positive things in a season widely considered as a flop, but to continue doing what we're doing--giving good, honest, detailed critique. That's pretty much all we can do, so...:shrugs:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

woah that was deep TigerShadow! did you really say AIO has had its Dork ages before?
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I think Album 51 was a fair start--there were some episodes that were very good, some that were mediocre, and some that were outstanding. But we've had this before, and we'll likely have it again. I think a large part of it is due to an overload of a new family (perhaps the worst way to get used to them) and new writers (new writers aren't all necessarily bad, but they're new--they don't know what we expect out of an episode!). But there were good episodes, and these are where we find the rays of hope, to use a cheesy phrase. ;) So we've had flop episodes. Big deal. That was like, what, the entirety of the 2000 season? AIO has had its dork ages before, and it will have them again. The important things are to not only look for the positive things in a season widely considered as a flop, but to continue doing what we're doing--giving good, honest, detailed critique. That's pretty much all we can do, so...:shrugs:
I TOTALLY AGREE! People need to stop complaining and saying that 51 is horrible. It's just different.
TigerintheShadows

takeitfromthetop wrote:woah that was deep TigerShadow! did you really say AIO has had its Dork ages before?
Yes, I did. -does lame attempt at head thing- ;)

And I keep accidentally hitting the edit button when I want to quote! Grrr...:x
AIO tumblr sideblog