Pet Peeves

What gets on your nerves?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Pet Peeves

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I was thinking today--miracle right, Tiger thinking?--and thought, "You know, we need a pet peeves thread to vent out all the stuff that bugs us."

I enjoy life, don't get me wrong. I'm not a negative person. But there's things that just really get on my nerves. Like art, for instance. I'm really good at anthropomorphic animals, right? So I draw a picture of a gray animal with pointy, black ears, a black mask, and black stripes on its fluffy tail. I also draw an orange animal with black ear tips, black arms, and a big ol' honkin' fluffy tail. Now tell me, wouldn't you think that those would be considered a raccoon and a red fox? But no, "Hey look she's drawing cat people ZOMG11!!!" is what I get all the time.

What are your general complaints about life?
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

People are stupid.

And people who have the maturity of an immature sixth grade and think they act like a twenty one year old are annoying.

Big crowds bug the dirt out of me.

Seniors in highschool who can't read maps are pathetic.

Aaaaah, I could go on and on... But I'll stop there... For now. ;)
Last edited by Termite on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

I'm in 7th. :noway:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

That's why I said immature sixth graders... I know both mature and immature ones. ;)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Termite wrote:That's why I said immature sixth graders... I know both mature and immature ones. ;)
O:)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

When people are a "rebel without a cause", so to speak. I know many such people. They'll rebel against anything, just for the sake of doing it.

When people "volunteer" me for stuff. I don't mind volunteering myself for jobs... but please, don't do it for me.

When people leave a mess behind, or don't shut cabinet doors after retrieving something from them.

Those things annoy me often. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

When people think they're better, than others when they're not.

When our Oreo cookies run out.

When I'm trying to read and people come to talk to me and I'm at THE most exciting part.

These are a few of my non-favorite things!

My not so good attempt at "My Favorite Things" sung by Julie Andrews.
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

One of my grammar pet peeves is when people use the word "loose" (as in, "I need a belt for these pants, they're so loose!) instead of the word lose (as in, "I don't like to lose a game."). :mad:

And when people tell you something just because they think that's what you want to hear...my granny is especially notorious for this. I'll ask if she wants me to get her something while I'm up, she'll say no, but then I find out she really DID want something. :thud: She doesn't want to "bother" us, but when we ask her outright, there's no need to lie about what she really wants. *sigh*

I'm sure there's more, but that's just what comes to mind at the moment. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

It's a pet peeve of mine to realize that I procrastinated at something and then have to cram and do it.
Also, I absolutely dislike is when people say schedule wrong, something along the lines of sheh-dule, not ske-dule.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Anna><> wrote:Also, I absolutely dislike is when people say schedule wrong, something along the lines of sheh-dule, not ske-dule.
Haha, like Eugene? :wink:

My Pet Peeves
  • People walking slow - I walk faster than most so, people in my way bugs me. (especially people who decide to stand and talk or whatever right in the middle of passing period [several thousand students trying to get from one place to another in a relatively short period of time], usually at the bottom of stairs or somewhere stupid like that)
  • After church social time - I can handle small talk when it fulfills a purpose (avoiding awkward silences) but, not when it's basically 'planned small talk time'. It's the same canned conversations week after week!
  • When people use technically as it's own opposite - Apparently kids these days never learned the word essentially because, I frequently hear people say something along the lines of, "well, technically it's this but, technically it's that". :roll:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

When you buy a toilet seat cover, and the seat doesn't stay open because the cover is so thick. :noway:
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

When people say Catholics aren't Christians

When people don't use proper grammar

When people assume that Christianity is just another religion

There was a few more but I can't remember them :-
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Helovesus
Green is good

Post by Helovesus »

the word pack. as in, i have a pack of gum. DRIVES ME INSANE!!!! :mad:
When people use the handicapped doors and don't need them so they push them open. :mad:
i will post more as i think of them.... :]
Chinese food is God's gift to mankind. He knew we'd live in a hurting world, so He gave us something to console ourselves with.

SnC.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

-People who constantly try to get information out of me - If I want to tell you something, I will tell you at the right time, in my own way

-People who don't clean up after themselves - *Sigh*

-Obvious flirts - If you're going to do it, at least don't make it extremely obvious :p

-Overly polite people - I'm always slightly tempted to slap their fake smile right off their face O:)

-People who are too cool to do anything - Nobody thinks you're cool, dude. Nobody.

*Ahem* Just to name a few...
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I feel the same way about all of those things, V-Lady! :highfive: Especially the whole "obvious flirt" thing; I've got a girl and a guy who go to my school and who are good friends of mine and they don't stop flirting with each other. And there's another girl who likes that guy and another guy and flirts with both constantly. I'm really tempted to just tel them all to shut up and get a room or something.

I really don't like it when someone's just sitting there talking, and I've dropped numerous hints that they need to stop talking because I'm trying to listen to my iPod, but they keep going. I feel at that point really tempted to just outright say that I'm trying to listen to my music and if they could stop talking that would be helpful, but I don't want to be rude or hurt their feelings or anything. I'm too sensitive. :x
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Anemone
Horse Crazy 14
Horse Crazy 14

Post by Anemone »

when i read people try to talk to me, and i hate that!
ImageWeird is just a side effect of being awesome.Image
Song under my sig is 'Green Rain' by SHINee
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

TigerintheShadows wrote:I feel the same way about all of those things, V-Lady! :highfive: Especially the whole "obvious flirt" thing; I've got a girl and a guy who go to my school and who are good friends of mine and they don't stop flirting with each other. And there's another girl who likes that guy and another guy and flirts with both constantly. I'm really tempted to just tel them all to shut up and get a room or something.

I really don't like it when someone's just sitting there talking, and I've dropped numerous hints that they need to stop talking because I'm trying to listen to my iPod, but they keep going. I feel at that point really tempted to just outright say that I'm trying to listen to my music and if they could stop talking that would be helpful, but I don't want to be rude or hurt their feelings or anything. I'm too sensitive. :x
Two people did that to me at the lock-in... I was reading and listening to music the one time, and he kept talking... and talking... The other time I was doing homework and this girl kinda stood around, talked for a bit, and then just waited after I answered to see if I would continue talking before she wheeled away. (she's in a wheelchair, so I kinda felt bad for ignoring her... But when I tell you I'm cramming in a whole chapter of history to get homework done for my next class it normally means I'll talk later.)
Love you always, SnC
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

The only pet peeve I really have is my food touching the other food on my plate. I don't know why, but I have always hated that.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

New pet peeve I have just discovered. I'm sitting in the cafateria on campus listening - more like tuning out - some of my boyfriend's friends. Apparently there's someone here who's nickname is Jesus....and every time they talk to him or about him they're saying things that pretty much mock my Lord Jesus. I hate it. I'm ready to walk out of here. I can't stand people mocking or making fun of my Lord
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

StrongNChrist wrote:New pet peeve I have just discovered. I'm sitting in the cafateria on campus listening - more like tuning out - some of my boyfriend's friends. Apparently there's someone here who's nickname is Jesus....and every time they talk to him or about him they're saying things that pretty much mock my Lord Jesus. I hate it. I'm ready to walk out of here. I can't stand people mocking or making fun of my Lord
Is it a Spanish name (as in, Hay-sus)? If so, and they still play around with the name, I'd get strongly annoyed too...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.