Most Anticipated Holiday 2010 Film?

Narnia 3? Tron? Tangled? Megamind?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Check all the following movies you're looking forward to.

Megamind
16%
Unstoppable
2%
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
6%
Tangled
18%
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
42%
The Tourist
No votes
Tron: Legacy
12%
Yogi Bear
2%
Gulliver's Travels
2%
Little Fockers
No votes

Total votes: 50

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Well, considering Caspian was a descendent of Spanish pirates, dark brown hair was more natural... :anxious:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

But it is a random fact I noticed while listening to VOTDT a few days/weeks ago and it bugged me that they couldn't get the minor details right. If they can't even get those right how can I expect them to get the major details right?

Officer David Harley
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Officer David Harley wrote:But it is a random fact I noticed while listening to VOTDT a few days/weeks ago and it bugged me that they couldn't get the minor details right. If they can't even get those right how can I expect them to get the major details right?
wut.

Honestly, all you die-hard Narnia fans should stop being so picky. :x

Looking at it from a cinematic point of view, VotDT probably won't be a great film. It doesn't look like it offers anything new from the first two installments... which offered cheesy scripts, sub-par acting and a lot of computer graphics (and yes, plot lines that don't follow the books).
All the same, I'll probably see it when it comes out... it was my favorite book when I was younger, and I look forward to seeing what they do with it.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

You know, if you continue to compare the movies to the books and keep finding faults with the movies you won't like any of the movies and you'll end up being disappointed. No one is perfect and a movie is much shorter then a book. Naturally they have to change things around or remove things so the movie won't be so long and still tell the story line pretty well.

Personally I'm looking forward to the latest Narnia movie. I can't wait until it comes out.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

All this apathy and scepticism is making me feel less excited. :( Come on, it's NARNIA!! The best Narnia story at that. I refuse to be discouraged. :noway:
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm with you Smaug. and SnC, I don't maticulously compare each movie to the corresponding book, but Prince Caspian was so far from the book it was hard to enjoy it for what it was. But that may change now, since I haven't seen it for awhile. And I'm totally looking forward to this one, even though it won't be perfectly alligned with the book, I should try and enjoy it for what it is.

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I mean, they HAD to change PC to make it a good movie. The only battle in the book is one paragraph, roughly ten lines. In a 300 page book Susan's in it 91 pages; Lucy 127, if memory serves correctly... Not to mention the majority of the book is a STORY being told. :shrugs:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Godman7
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Godman7 »

Voyage of the dawn treader. No Doubt. Like with "tron legacy" it just dosen't have any cool special FX. And megamind looks funny and bad. Bad because it has that terrible song on the preview.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Tron: Legacy, Tangled, Unstoppable, Harry Potter, Megamind, and VODT for me. Tron and Unstoppable might make a cool double feature on my local movie theatres' $4 dollar days. So would Tangled and Megamind. And Harry Potter and VODT. ^_^
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*