The Story Game! v. 2.0 (Round Three)

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

Should the Story Game continue?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:51 am

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

The Story Game! v. 2.0 (Round Three)

Post by EMBEE »

Welcome to Round Three of the Story Game. Here are the rules:
EMBEE wrote:Welcome to the second version of the Story Game! I allow you to write slightly longer entries. Your entries may be up to three paragraphs long, with no more than 5 or so sentences per paragraph. We will also lengthen the whole thing by making it 15 sections instead of 10. And you will also receive $10 as a prize instead of $5.

I have a feeling that I may not have been very clear here, so if you have any questions, please post them here or you can shoot me a PM.
Here is what we have so far:
The Mystery at Infinity Hotel
a pun on Hilbert's paradox of the Grand Hotel

I sat in my office when I got a phone call.
RING, RING
I picked it up. "Who is it?"
"Oh, it is me, the manager at Infinity Hotel" said the voice at the other end of the line.
"Yes, what is the problem?"
"Guest 3 in room 3 lost his gold watch that is worth $1,000,000,000
"And why do you need my help?"
"Well it is because we have an infinite number of rooms. So we can't do an complete search and we thought that you might be able to fallow the clues to find the watch. He will give a prize of $10,000 to the person how finds it."
"Well in that case. I will be right there."

The man punched the elevator button. Level 14. He got inside and pulled out the paper. He scanned it. He couldn't lose that paper. His life was in danger because of that. He needed to create the formula to stop the bad guys. He waited and the elevator opened.He got inside a room that was dimly lit. He immediately starting mixing things. Suddenly the door burst open. A man with a knife jumped on the other man.

---2 hours later---

A few of the men who were taking the dead body of Carlson out were somber. Then one of the detectives called the leader over. "Sir, take a look. There's some writing here. It says, 'You thought you could get away, right? Well, we have the formula. Soon we'll have all of you in our grasp.
Signed,
Team X'"
Time to send in your entries!
Last edited by EMBEE on Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Um...I forgot to send in an entry. :anxious:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Nobody entered this week. I will let it go longer, until this Saturday. If we don't have at least two people enter this time, then I will consider closing down this game.

-- July 24th, 2010, 10:50 am --

Alright guys... since no one entered again, I'm going to put up a poll and let you decide if I should continue this.

-- July 30th, 2010, 12:03 pm --

Everyone, it saddens me to announce that... I am discontinuing the Story Game v. 2.0. :(
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother