Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I watched Felicity: An American Girl Adventure with my sister last night, and one of the credits was "Some random kind of producer that I can't remember: David Parker" which made me think of Odyssey's David Parker.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Today in my youth group we were talking about moral ethics, and thinking of the episode Rights, Wrongs and Reasons helped me to answer one of the questions.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Today we went shopping, and we say something called Novaset. It was pots and pans. I am so not buying it. ;)
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

I don't know if this entirely fits but, I didn't want to make a new topic.

Who is the voice? I know he's in Odyssey but, I can't, for the life of me, think of his name, what episode(s) he's in or what character he plays. It's driving me crazy. :mad:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Not sure what his name is, but he did a voice over in the Novacom saga by saying, "The Novabox has taken the town of Odyssey by force. 90% of families now own one, and that number of growing" or something like that. I don't think that character has a name, and I'm not sure who the voice actor is. :-k

I think I've heard him do other voices in Odyssey, too. Now I'm curious. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Ya! I think he did a lot of radio background type stuff. Maybe the jumbo fork ad? Also, is he the guy who does the whitsend.org promos?

Also, look what I found?
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Corey Burton!
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

*re listens*

Oh, duh! Wow, that's kind of embarrassing.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I was just at a guitar/drum recital, and everyone who played the drums reminded me of Marvin Washington. There was also a kid playing the guitar who looked so much like how I picture Trent DeWhite that it's really not even funny.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

That is Corey Burton and he has played so many different characters on AIO. I can't even begin to count them all...
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I'm half-listening to the movie Seabiscuit playing in the room behind me ... and I caught that the main character's name is Red Pollard.
TigerintheShadows

Over the Rainbow wrote:That is Corey Burton and he has played so many different characters on AIO. I can't even begin to count them all...
He's kind of everywhere...
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Yesterday, I passed a street called Chalmers, which reminded me of Lawrence Chalmers in Train Ride.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

A few weeks ago in church, the pastor quoted the first few lines of The Pilgrim's Progress in his sermon, and I came very close to giggling because it made me think of Tom in Best Intentions. :lol:
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

In the World Cup today, there was a player named Bernard Parker!!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
TigerintheShadows

In my VBS group (I had second grade) there was one girl who reminded me of Tamika and another who was basically old-Liz-without-red-hair.
AIO tumblr sideblog
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

I was just reading senate candidate Sharron Angle's wikipedia article and at the bottom under 'categories', one, in particular jumped out at me; list of people from Klammoth Falls, OR. But, Phil Lollar wasn't even included :noway: so, I added him. I had no idea so many people had such a cool hometown.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I was just reading senate candidate Sharron Angle's wikipedia article and at the bottom under 'categories', one, in particular jumped out at me; list of people from Klammoth Falls, OR. But, Phil Lollar wasn't even included :noway: so, I added him. I had no idea so many people had such a cool hometown.
I just saw your edit in my watchlist! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

King Butter Turtle wrote:I was just reading senate candidate Sharron Angle's wikipedia article and at the bottom under 'categories', one, in particular jumped out at me; list of people from Klammoth Falls, OR. But, Phil Lollar wasn't even included :noway: so, I added him. I had no idea so many people had such a cool hometown.
A few days ago, I perused an article about women politicians on the front page of The Washington Post and noticed Klamath Falls, too. :)
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

King Butter Turtle wrote:Also, look what I found?
Haha, whenever I hear about him, I always think of Stephen Straussberg (especially when they pronounce his name that way).

Jeremy