Twilight or Harry Potter

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")

Which one do you like better Twilight or Harry Potter?

Twilight
8%
Harry Potter
39%
Neither
3%
I hate them both!!!
11%
Never read them
3%
Never read them but still hate them both!!!!
35%

Total votes: 62

jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ricrocflow wrote:Wow I am so glad to see that most of the people have never read them and still hate them both.
You're glad to see that? :-s

I myself have never read either of the book series... however I've seen the movies for both. :yes: I'd have to say I like Twilight better.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Jelly wrote:
ricrocflow wrote:Wow I am so glad to see that most of the people have never read them and still hate them both.
I assume he means he is glad people have a convictional stand against witchcraft.
Last edited by American Eagle on Wed May 05, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Jelly wrote: I'd have to say I like Twilight better.
It's hilarious, isn't it?! \:D/
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Well, from rereading over everyone's comments....and according to what the people have posted their favorite is....I'd say Harry Potter is the favorite :yes:
Harry Potter: 7
Twilight: 2
Neither: 5

and in the actual poll Harry Potter is winning too :yes:
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

The Top Crusader wrote:
Jelly wrote: I'd have to say I like Twilight better.
It's hilarious, isn't it?! \:D/
Ya, pretty much. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:
Jelly wrote:
I assume he means he is glad people have a convictional stand against witchcraft.
Thankyou AE that's exactly what I mean.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

ricrocflow wrote:
American Eagle wrote:
Jelly wrote:
Thankyou AE that's exactly what I mean.
I have to agree with AE and ricroflow.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Joanne
Happy Flower
Happy Flower

Post by Joanne »

I have nothing to add to this discussion except that I agree with Marvin, AE and ricroflow. :)

My personal opinion is that witchcraft is wrong and I don't care to read books that promote it.

That is all I have to say. :)
~*~StrongNChrist, November 22, 1991- March, 25th, 2011~*~
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Meh, neither. They both are incredibly pathetic and cheesy. Though I'd be more inclined to Twilight, because the werewolves were pretty tight, I must admit.

I'd take Frodo Baggins and his journey to Mount Doom anyday. :yes:
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Over the Rainbow wrote:Meh, neither. They both are incredibly pathetic and cheesy.
...ouch.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Harry Potter FTW
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Based on my own perspective (and the perspective of others whose opinions on the subject I respect) -- and without factoring in the morality of either -- Harry Potter is well-written and Twilight is not.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

IMHO Harry Potter is a billion, trillion times better than Twilight no question. Twilight is absolute trash and this comes from a person who was only able to read up to chapter seventeen of the first book in the series and I have had no desire to go back and try reading it again and I never, ever say that about books.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I read the first Twilight book once and by the end I would have thrown it against the wall, were it not a library book.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Power Boy
Not as new

Post by Power Boy »

I don't like either but HATE Twilight ( :evil: ).

So Harry wins.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Jelly wrote:

I myself have never read either of the book series... however I've seen the movies for both. :yes: I'd have to say I like Twilight better.
Twilight? Better? Maybe by movie standards, but HP wins by a landslide when it comes to written form. JK Rowling may remind me of CS Lewis (with long over-exemplified explanations for things), but she's WAAAY better than Stephanie Meyer.

Now, movie form... They are about the same. Because its like with all books-gone-film, the director/script writers get the say in what gets in the movie from the book, what gets changed, and what gets completely thrown out. Twilight isn't hard to skip around with basic form, but detail gets thrown out. Harry Potter... major PLOTS were kicked out the window because there wasn't time. I don't get why they decided to make HP 7 into two movies when no matter what they do, they will leave something out of that movie because they decided early on to leave a plot or two here and there out of the movies, so no use bringing it in when it comes to the 7th movie... like the end of the 6th... I'm pretty sure SOMETHING was missed there, and they will have to make up for it in the 7th somehow...

Lol. Makes me laugh to be honest. I haven't read the books in a while because of others books, school, and time. But I want to read HP again. I read Twilight last year... with the movies and all, I'm not up to reading those again... boring fiction, 100%.
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

I hate both of them movies or books because it is witchcraft and thats basically playing with demons....

However I don't base my opinions on heresay, I have read both of them and so know why I am against it. Harry Potter is filled with Witchcraft...And twilight has alot of skin showing, and witchcraft. I read them both to review for my mom since I have siblings and for a couple other parents at my church.

But I'm NOT TELLING ALL THE KIDS ON HERE TO DISOBEY THERE PARENTS IF UR NOT SUPPOSED TO READ IT!

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

NightRanger wrote:

But I'm NOT TELLING ALL THE KIDS ON HERE TO DISOBEY THERE PARENTS IF UR NOT SUPPOSED TO READ IT!
... I doubt that's going to happen.
CookieMonster
Me want cookies
Me want cookies
Location: Attempting to be like the mind of Jack Alan and Jesus Christ

Post by CookieMonster »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
NightRanger wrote:

... I doubt that's going to happen.

IDK... There's some kids in my youth group who'll find any excuse to read or watch things so I just posted that to be careful ;)

I'm Connie Ks'. Online Cookie Monster :)
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

Harry Potter is much, much better.

None of these books promote witchcraft or anything. Shut up.