I bought Avatar on DVD today!!!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

I bought Avatar on DVD today!!!

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

Awesome Movie.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

My condolences. May the Lord be with you in this time of turmoil. :(

...but, have fun. ;)
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

May I have the wrapper to throw on the sidewalk, please???? ;)

Though I don't watch Avatar because of the spiritualism
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It was a pretty awesome movie. Kinda long, and it's one of those movies that would have been better to see in the theaters.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah I didn't get to see it in theaters or in 3D. I think I'd have been able to ignore the dumb plot moreso if I was being wowed by the visuals. But instead they were grainy and the subtitles were in Russian instead of English when I saw it. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I didn't get to see it in theaters or in 3D. I think I'd have been able to ignore the dumb plot moreso if I was being wowed by the visuals. But instead they were grainy and the subtitles were in Russian instead of English when I saw it. :(
Internet piracy. ;)
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

American Eagle wrote:
The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah I didn't get to see it in theaters or in 3D. I think I'd have been able to ignore the dumb plot moreso if I was being wowed by the visuals. But instead they were grainy and the subtitles were in Russian instead of English when I saw it. :(
Internet piracy. ;)
lolz. :lol:

I've never yet seen a movie in 3D. Like, the new 3D. I should do that.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I will go pay to see Iron Man 2... although I don't think my local theater does 3D. :(
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:I will go pay to see Iron Man 2... although I don't think my local theater does 3D. :(
That won't matter because Iron Man 2 won't be in 3D (except a few IMAX locations). \:D/

As for Avatar, I haven't seen it, but might now that it's on DVD. The spiritualism/immodest natives are the two main reasons I might not.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I just don't like envrionmental/anti-WAR FOR OIL movies. :( We should destroy the earth and kill everyone who has oil we want, afterall. :noway:
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

I finally got to see this one yesterday in a somewhat less grainy, non-subtitled format.

It was pretty good. The best part about it is the visual element and all the CGI, not so much the plot. Then again, this was made by the guy responsible for "Titanic". ;)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Marvin D. wrote:May I have the wrapper to throw on the sidewalk, please???? ;)

Though I don't watch Avatar because of the spiritualism
I can't watch it either. My mom said it had to many bad words. :(
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

I saw Avatar, and I didn't really like it. However, I am a member of the villain's disproportionately huge fan following. (In conclusion, humans stink.)
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Yeah. The movie wasn't quite as good as the no talking/action sequences and scenery. ;) Unforuntately, I doubt I'll watch it again unless we get Clearplay cause I don't feel like being bothered with all the cussing without the surreal 3D effects blocking it out. =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I'm not a big one for judging something before I watch/read it unless it is blatantly bad, or rated above 14A. I think people tend to exaggerate in one extreme or another based on their bias.

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'm not being biased. A few bad words is fairly OK, but once it gets too far, sorry....

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

:soapbox: It's rated PG-13/ 14A, and you are twelve, they put ratings on movies for a reason. Watch a movie as a movie, and then build your opinion, don't let someone build it for you. (However if your parents say it's bad, then it is bad.)[Also listen to your province/state age rating] All I'm saying is don't let people form your opinion, and don't judge something before you've watched/read it. Also remember every movie review has it's own bias including plugged in

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

^^^W00t yeah I agree pretty much totally with 31899.

It's hard for me to remember that most of the people here should really be listening to their parents because I've been out on my own for so long. >_>
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

No, I've heard about it from my parents and some people who watched it.

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

It did have some language in it....and it was rated PG-13 for a reason....
but then again, there are worse movies with far more language in there. Like The Fugitive, which just happens to be among my top 5 favorite movies :-
But Avatar wasn't that bad of a movie...it could have been better...I could have done without the New Age or immodesty of the natives - even though with the way the natives were made it was hard to tell sometimes that they were dressed extremely immodest. I could have really done without the natives acting a lot more like animals then people....but it was a good movie.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~