TJ! - Signup - Game 1

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.

So...

Sounds fun! \:D/
100%
Sounds boring! :(
No votes

Total votes: 11

Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

TJ! - Signup - Game 1

Post by Irwin »

Welcome to ToO Jeopardy! (TJ!), brought to you by Irwin enterprises! TJ! is a contest based on AIO intelligence and skill and available for any one on the ToO to play!

How to sign-up:

This game will consist of five ToO contestants. To request entry, PM me or post here. Soon after five ToOers are found the first round will begin.

The Jeopardy! Round:

After the registration period, I'll create a new thread with a board for the Jeopardy! round. One of the five players picked at random will be able to pick the first clue on the game board. Once they do so, I'll reveal the clue (called an "answer"), which will be a statement describing something relating to AIO. After revealing, any registered player may guess the "question" that would be asked with the statement.

Here's an example:
Answer: The actor who plays Rodney Rathbone.
Question: Who is Steve Burns?

You MUST phrase your response as a question (eg. saying “What is” before your statement), or it will be deemed incorrect.

If your question is correct, you will win the value of the clue (I'll have a constantly updated score sheet with every post) and you'll be able to pick the next clue.

If your question is not correct, you will lose the value of the clue. afterword, any other player can guess a question. If a total of three people guess incorrectly, the clue will be announced dead (feel free to fetch your steamroller), the answer will be reveled and the contestant who picked the clue will get to pick the next one.

Unlike the real show, there is no time limit for clues. They only end when a player correctly answers one, or three players incorrectly answer one. Clues may stick around as long as days until someone finds the answer or three people decide to take a guess.

Daily Doubles:

The Jeopardy! round contains two "Daily Doubles". When either of these clues are picked, the only person who can provide a question is the person who picked the clue. Before the clue is shown, that person will make a wager of how much of their score they would like to risk. (If they have less than $1000 they can risk up to $1000.) Then if they proceed to answer the clue correctly in the 24 hour time span allotted, they will have their wager added to their score. If they are incorrect, the amount will be subtracted. (The minimum amount a player can risk on a Daily Double is $20.)

Final Jeopardy!

The Jeopardy! round will end when all clues are exhausted.
Unfortunately any player with $0 or less will be unable to play in Final Jeopardy!
Final Jeopardy! will receive its own thread for organizational purposes. At that time I'll reveal a category and players will have 24 hours to make a wager of how much they would like to risk on the final clue. (Similar to a Daily Double, except wagers will be PMed to me and the minimum wager allowed is $0 instead of $20.)

Finally, I'll reveal the clue and players will have precisely 24 hours to PM me their response. When the time is up, I'll reveal the correct question, and the final scores, and the top three winners.

Prizes:

1st place: 80% of my cash.
2nd place: 10% of my cash, the privilege of choosing a sig and avatar I'll wear for 15 days following the competition.
3rd place: 10% of my cash.

If you have any questions, please post them here as this thread is for questions, signing up, and organizational purposes.

Ads:

During the middle of the Jeopardy! round (after clue 15), we'll have a short 24 hour commercial break. During this time, I'll display ads for shops and other ToO services. You can buy these ad spots starting at $10 by sending me a PM starting now up until the break.

FAQ:

Q: What subject will clues be about? What sources can I research from?
A: The clues may contain any subject related to AIO.
Here are some helpful resources: Q: What does "X% of my cash" mean?
A: Whatever amount of money I have at the end of the game (which will grow larger as I post throughout the course of the game) will be divided among the winning players as described above. If you would like to donate to this prize pool, send a donation!

Q: If I know a player has guessed an incorrect question, can I post my guess right after theirs without waiting?
A: Nope, you have to wait until I say that their incorrect before you can guess.

Q: Who wrote all of the content contained in the game?
A: Yours truly.

Q: You have a spelling and/or grammar error in this post!
A: That’s not a question.

Q: What if Chandler shows up?
A: Then you sign up and hope for second place.

Q: What if Top shows up?
A: Then you scream like Howard Dean.

Q: What happens if you make a factual mistake or something during the game?
A: No one wins or loses on the clue. We just move on to the next one.

Q: Are there clues that have questions anywhere in the ToO’s hidden archive?
A: No.

Q: Is the game that was in the original Stapler platform? Does AE mind that you’re doing this?
A: Although we had a picture of Alex Trebek that said "Jeopardy!" on it, we were very vague with explaining it:
Who doesn't love trivia? We'll appoint a team of knowledgeable members to write questions (or answers rather) for everything from futons to fashion. Then we'll find three members who compete to fabulous win prizes.
But yeah, most of the ideas in this thread were going to be used, just in a more "official" manner.
And I’ve consulted AE, and he’s given me a full “go-ahead”.

Q: Are you aware that Trixie Belden has a version of Jeopardy! running?
A: Yes, and I’ve gotten permission from her as well.

Q: Didn't you say you were going to return in May?
A: I meant March, but it doesn't matter.

Q: Why are there no smilies in this thread?
A: Deal with it! :x
Last edited by Irwin on Sun May 09, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Count me in! I just took the audition test for the real Jeopardy a few weeks ago and bombed it so, maybe I'll have better chances in this. \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I'll try. I'm not very good. :( Does that mean I can't enter?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Sign me up! I also auditioned for Jeopardy, did great, and never heard back. But I did do well.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Contestants:
  • KBT
  • Marvin D.
  • Trixie Belden
  • -
  • -
King Butter Turtle wrote:Count me in! I just took the audition test for the real Jeopardy a few weeks ago and bombed it so, maybe I'll have better chances in this. \:D/
Trixie Belden wrote:Sign me up! I also auditioned for Jeopardy, did great, and never heard back. But I did do well.
*Jealousy. :x*
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

They have online tests that aren't too hard. They have them for all levels, and they're really fun! :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Count me in! (If there's room.) This looks epically fun. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Contestants:
  • KBT
  • Marvin D.
  • Trixie Belden
  • AE
  • -
One more! \:D/
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Me! Add me! I really want to play! \:D/

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Contestants:
  • KBT
  • Marvin D.
  • Trixie Belden
  • AE
  • Eugene
Okay, the thread should come soon enough...

--

And it has been posted! \:D/
Last edited by Irwin on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

You have a spelling/grammar error in the post! :x

Oh, yeah...no smileys! :D ;)

Go Jeapordy!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Excellent game, Irwin! All the best to all the contestants!
King Butter Turtle wrote:Count me in! I just took the audition test for the real Jeopardy a few weeks ago and bombed it so, maybe I'll have better chances in this. \:D/
Trixie Belden wrote:Sign me up! I also auditioned for Jeopardy, did great, and never heard back. But I did do well.
That's awesome! I used to want to go on the show (watched the show, read the message boards, visited J! Archive to catch up on what I missed, etc.), but then I realized I don't know nearly enough pop culture to even pass the test. I'd be better suited to something like Merv Griffin's Crosswords, but that's now off the air. Still, I'll catch J! from time to time with my family and we'll have fun competing to see who can shout out the answers first.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I really want to join the next round!!
*insert provocative quote here*
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

I would like to as well!

-- Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 pm --

When will the current round be over.....and I can join? By, the way, is research allowed?
Love You, Lee! :hug:
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"I May do silly things, but I do them with enthusiasm!"
"A Day without Laughter is a day wasted."
"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

Check out the free, fun, and fantastic shop: Express Yourself By Alyssa!

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Connie K. wrote:I would like to as well!

-- Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:12 pm --

When will the current round be over.....and I can join? By, the way, is research allowed?
Sure, you can join the next one! \:D/ Research is allowed because I can't enforce a rule that prohibits it. :yes:
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

And when do you think the current round will be over?
We'll love you forever, SnC. Thanks for showing us how to be so Strong in Christ. :hug:
I love you... Anne, Sapphire, IDANCE, Joanne, Mimi, Laura, and especially dear Lee. :hug:
And, my wonderful guy friends are: AE, Regis, ric, Marvin, Whitty Whit, and thegreenringc!

"It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years." -Abe Lincoln

You know me..always ready for a chat! ;) Send me a PM soon, whether I just met you, know you well, haven't talked to you in a while, or haven't met you at all!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Connie K. wrote:And when do you think the current round will be over?
Before the ToO is shut down. \:D/
Alyssa
Always happy
Always happy

Post by Alyssa »

Thanks! :) Let me know when the round is over though.