Odyssey + the Real World

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

I heard a dial-up noise yesterday, and I was expecting "good morning, John Avery Whittaker". :(
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I was at a guitar lesson last night and had to wait for the lesson to start, so I ended up depicting Trent, Marvin, Cal, and Alex as besties during high school. The reason is because I read in a Clubhouse magazine that Trent laughs at Alex's jokes, including the ones that aren't funny, just to be nice. That implied that Trent hangs out with Alex a lot...and therefore, so does Marvin, because Marvin and Trent are best friends, and best friends stalk each other...and then Cal hangs out with Alex, so they all cross paths at some point. It's difficult to explain the wanderings of my mind, and I just had a bowl full of dark and milk chocolate M&M's (wonder if they use those at Whit's End?), so yeah.

And there was this kid who's a year older than me going against this kid who's my age during a math competition, and this older kid's, like, a genius, but forgets the Pythagorean Theorum (among other things), and so the kid who's my age won. Then the winning kid told me that, and I was like, "I learned the Pythagorean Theorum in the third grade!" and that instantly made me think of "The Invisible Dog."
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Tonight I found out that a lady named Paula Jarvis goes to our church. \:D/
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

The other day, when with some friends, one of the girls mentioned that she knew another girl with a dog named "Dog" and another dog named "Horse, which of course instantly reminded me of "For the Fun of It". In fact, that just almost seems like too much of a coincidence. I wonder if she listens to Odyssey!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

today I saw a license plate that said "PARKER'S GRAMMY" which made me think of the new family.

Till the end of the line.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I've been meaning to say this for a while... my mom knows a John Whittaker! \:D/
Last edited by EMBEE on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
TigerintheShadows

A few nights ago, I was listening to the episode "A Class Reenactment," and before it was over I fell asleep because I've listened to it enough times. So then, I had a dream that Edwin Blackgaard, Shakespeare, and Eugene were training Trent, Marvin, and Mandy to become ninjas. Then, it goes into one of my classmates praying aloud atop a ledge in what looks like my closet, but it's not; it's the ninja training center. And the person's praying, but it feels like evil is there and that the person is praying to Satan, so I run out and find Mr. Whittaker praying to God and I'm calm again and my family appears (with Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender, for some odd reason) and we all pray together. It was a very cool, scaryish, and crazy dream.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

That's funny, we just listened to A Class Reenactment a few minutes ago in the car.

Every time one of my band directors says "let's take it from the top," I think of the new season.
TigerintheShadows

Me, too. I would always hear in my head the original theme song--not the original-original, but the one just before this new one.
AIO tumblr sideblog
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

EMBEE wrote:I've meaning to say this for a while yesterday... my mom knows a John Whittaker! \:D/
So do I! \:D/

Well, to be technical, I know of a John Whittaker, who is engaged to a former classmate of mine. Sadly, her name isn't Jenny. :(
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

LizzieG wrote:
EMBEE wrote:I've meaning to say this for a while yesterday... my mom knows a John Whittaker! \:D/
So do I! \:D/

Well, to be technical, I know of a John Whittaker, who is engaged to a former classmate of mine. Sadly, her name isn't Jenny. :(
A few months ago, we were eating lunch, and my mom mentioned something that the John Whittaker said on Facebook, and GX and I just smiled at each other. :)

I also know a Whittaker family (not related to the John Whittaker my mom knows), and I've decided that next time we see them, I'm going to tell they're older son that he should marry a girl named Jenny and name his kids John Avery, Jerry, Jana, Jason and Monty.
Last edited by EMBEE on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

What about Monty's sister?
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
TigerintheShadows

That would be a good idea, yes.

Good to see ya, IamConnie! Haven't seen you perusing our archives for a while!

My fourth grade teacher (who, as I may or may not have mentioned, had the last name Whitaker--that was how she spelled it--until she married...my choir teacher) gave us so much time on math that I, who once actually liked the subject, was reduced to a bored-of-math, easily distracted artist. I'm not blaming her, but I'm just saying that an hour and a half per day on math was a little much.
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

IamConnie wrote:What about Monty's sister?
I said Jenny as his wife.
TigerintheShadows

Last night at church, we had two college guest speakers named Trent and Jack! Despite the Odyssey age difference between the two, I couldn't keep from constantly thinking of Trent DeWhite and Jack Davis.
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

Yesterday I was working on some stuff for church, and I read a verse that mentioned walking on hot coals, which reminded me of Rodney and Bart in Aloha, Oy.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

My uncle's name is Trent, so I always think of him when I hear Trent DeWhite speaking!
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

So yesterday, when I was watching "Pistachio" with my little sibs, the silly song was called "Where have all the staplers gone?" and it cracked me up, because at the end, it said "Stay tuned to hear the rest of the musical in act 2: Revenge of the staplers" Immediately, I thought of Connie and her irrational fear of staplers.
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
Galaxy X
The Legend
The Legend

Post by Galaxy X »

Embee and I were just singing that same song, lol.
Last edited by Galaxy X on Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

Connie should never hear that song. It would scare her to death.