Smallville

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What do you think of Smallvile?

Its great!
64%
just OK.
29%
I hate it.
7%

Total votes: 14

spiderman
insert dash here

Smallville

Post by spiderman »

have you ever seen the show? what do you think of it?
HarlowRoxMySox
Smile for the camera

Post by HarlowRoxMySox »

I saw a weird episode where Clark was in Metropolis and stealing and being all weird and stuff, and I couldn't figure out what was up with it.

I love Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. It's really good.
Do any of YOU know how to make hand shadows?

Kathrine Doyle is my dorky little sister... JK... kinda ^o^
My awsome Avatar & Sig were illustrated by a friend named Navi!
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Smallville
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

it's a good show
Paul B
OK

Post by Paul B »

I like smallville.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Some aspects of it I really like, some are kind of disappointing as a fan of the comics and characters... but overall it's a pretty good show and usually decent morally.
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

While I watched it weekly, I won't be watching season 5. I'm frustrated that the show hasn't evolved in 4 years... Lex and Clark have been on the cusp of being enemies since the first 5 episodes, "cliff hangers" are wrapped up in one episode (wasn't Lex poisoned in season 3... yet aside from the first episode of season 4, it was never mentioned!), Lionel's character is always "changing" (going blind... being good... ) but never permananetly and Lana Lang is the most unlikable character I've ever had to watch (I liked her a lot in seasons 1 and 2, but a combination of bad writing and bad acting have made me feel no sympathy for her now, and I don't know what any character on the show sees in her any more... she's so self centered). Until Smallville can actually shake things up, and have a pay off (everytime someone finds out Clark's secret, they die, get amnesia, or go to Belle Reve). It's far too frustrating for somebody like me, who's been following since the first season, and have never got to witness anything that remotely resembles strong character progression.

It would be different if the show evolved and took risks ("Lois and Clark", for example, was terrific because the relationship between Lois and Clark changed... they went on a rollercoaster that actually headed somewhere). Lana and Clark, when they finally got together, broke up for almost no apparent reason and it was never explained... and it never helped the story at all. And every love interest of Lana's goes psycho and turns out to be a bad guy. The show had so much potential, and seasons one and two are still fairly good... but they've run the series into the ground by recylcing the same concepts week after week without ever giving the audience something that progresses the characters story arcs. If you watched an episode of season 1 and an episode of season 4, aside from a few character changes... you haven't missed anything.

Overall, a great idea, terrible execution.
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I used to watch it quite a bit...but since they aren't putting Clark and Lana together, I've faded into the sadness that is impossible shippers.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

I like the show, but i agree with what has been said about lack of character progression. however, it really doesn't bother me--it's just tv and i like it anyway.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

I like it too.
Have you'll heard about the new Superman movie: Superman Returns!
The only thing is that Tom Welling won't be playing Superman.

Anyway, Superman gets back his powers or something like that, and has to save the world from Lex Luthur.

"All that is nessessary for the triumph of evilis for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
poWerbOy
If posts were pigs...

Post by poWerbOy »

i've heard about the movie. is it made by the people who made smallvile or is it separate?
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

I'm not sure, but I think it'll be made by the same people who did Spider-Man and Batman.

"All that is nessessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

COWBOY OF TEXAS wrote:I'm not sure, but I think it'll be made by the same people who did Spider-Man and Batman.
Nope. Same director as X-men and X2, though.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Thank you Crusader.
Do you know anymore about you would like to share?
Please do.

-Edmund Burke

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I haven't heard a ton about it... but supposedly it is going to be a sequel to Superman 2 (ignoring 3 and 4, I guess), which is kind of an odd way to go about things. And also Lois Lane is going to be a single mother. :-s
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Really?
In which one does Superman lose his powers? (Or did he?)
Because that is what I heard and that in SUPERMAN RETURNS! he gets back his powers.
So tell me what you know.

-Edmund Burke

mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

*thread merged*

Hey guys who are watching the young superman as he matures and learns how to use his powers! come here to discuss characters, episodes,plots or anything smallville like!
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

I was into it the first 3 or 4 seasons but I think they dragged it out too much. Most of the original cast isn't even there anymore. :noway:
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I can't wait until Lois and Clark get together...they teased us a bit in the last episode, with that truth telling thing...I didn't like the way they resolved that.

I'm a fan of the show, but it's inappropriate sometimes.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

yeah, i agree with you, JD, the show is good but at times they have bad stuff. i dont think they've dragged it out too long. if they stop the show after this season, then it would have been a good life for the show.
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.