What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I'm still reading Shepherds abiding, but I want something more exciting and new to read...any suggestions? and, has anyone heard of the Samara, or Shamara, series??

Till the end of the line.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I finished a book titled Desert Water with the tagline "Can a family in conflict find an oasis amid the gulf war?" All I can say is... wow. I don't think I've ever been more frustrated at a book in all my life. Everything went wrong! The book was very intriguing, and it was alright until what happened around Chapter 50.

I was like, "Why did the book have to go this far? It was bad enough." The book was overall pretty good, but I almost felt like stopping near the end. The only content issue was adulterous kissing and open endorsement of gambling by a pastor in poker, which I have no idea why they added. Overall, the book was interesting and different.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Morning's Refrain by Tracie Peterson, it was excellent. I am now starting The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey, it is the second book in her At Home in Beldon Grove series. I loved the first one and cannot wait to read the second one which I just found today!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. I am also reading Plain And Fancy by Wanda Brunstetter.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot. It is the first book in her Texas Dreams series. Very good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am now reading The Parting and The Secret. They are both by Beverly Lewis.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I finished reading In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon, and updated by James S. Bell Jr.

Awesome book! A+ and recommended.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

A Vow to Chereish. I forgot who wrote it. Before that, Farmer Boy by Laura I. Wilder.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

"Black" by DekKer, Pilgrim's Progress, the screwtape letters, and Love's Long Journey... yes I'm reading all 4. :) LLJ is taking FOREVER because it's SO boring!! haha but I can't just skip it and more to the next book...
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I am reading Passages: Glennall's Betrayal.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"Moon Over Tokyo" by Siri Mitchell. I've read it before but not for a while. It's very interesting and a little different than a lot of Christian fiction, which is a nice change. \:D/
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

Dante's the inferno. It's pretty interesting 7 cantos in....
I do what I do.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Paper Roses last night, it was very good. I am now reading A Cousin's Promise by Wanda Brunstetter, it is the second book in her Indiana Cousins series.
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

I'm reading Inkspell and I'm totally obsessed with it. I'm beginning to fall in love with Dustfinger, lol!
Last edited by Trixie Belden on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished A Cousin's Promise, it was excellent. I am starting the final book in this series A Cousin's Challenge next.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

I'm reading Harry Potter. I'm on the third book (Prisoner of Azkaban) now.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading On Her Own, The Bishop's Daughter, and The Hope Chest. The are all by Wanda Brunstetter.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I am re reading the Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke. I loved Little House on the Prairie (books and TV series) when I was growing up (still do!!) and these books are just as wonderful as the Little House books. What got me started was I noticed yesterday that the Hallmark Channel ran the movies all day and since the books are so much better than the movies, I decided to re read the books. I am really enjoying them and plan on re reading the entire series.
Last edited by Laurie on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I'm reading several excellent books for my Contemporary Christian Belief class: The Reason for God (Tim Keller), The Reason for the Hope Within (Murray), Is the New Testament Reliable? (Barnett), and Eyes Wide Open (Romanowski).

The Reason for the Hope Within isn't the easiest read because of the philosophical approaches it tackles, but it gets you thinking about different aspects of the faith. The Reason for God is similar in content, but with less of a philosophical bent. I haven't read much of the other two books yet, but what I have read has been great.
Crazy 4 Pugs
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Crazy 4 Pugs »

Now I'm about halfway through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (book 5). And I read a book about John Lennon over the weekend.
Um, I guess this is where I'm supposed to say something funny or interesting.