Olympics! Vancouver, BC, Canada

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Olympics! Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Anyone as excited as I am????? Vancouver, BC, Canada. Winter Olympics!! Very close to where I live. (Plus, I've been to Whistler... and Vancouver a bunch of times!)

I'm kinda itching to see how the USA Hockey Women's team does. Canada is all hockey... lol. Minnesota is too... so, I'm waiting to see how this turns out!

My Aunt and Uncle like Curling... meh, no. I like... Shaun White... and Apollo Ohno... figure skating...

What are you excited to watch? (I'm kinda for ski jumping... but, figure skating is all me! lol... boring, actually, but the only thing that attracts me)

(No one has started this... it has started! The Olympics affects EVERYONE! Well, almost. But there are a LOT of countries represented, don't get me wrong. Not every country, but many)
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

No way... I hadn't even heard! :shock:
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

American Eagle wrote:No way... I hadn't even heard! :shock:
I take offense to that...

But, dude, 5 days!!! Winter!!!! (I like swimming... so, I like Summer) But you know... CANADA! More like Whistler... they have so much snow, the gondola's can hardly move... lol. Well, at least that was the news a few weeks ago... they have snow at least.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

And in Canada write to:
Box 9800
Vancouver, BC V6B4G3.

;)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I'm excited - I love the Winter Olympics! \:D/ Hopefully we'll be able to put the antenna on our little TV set to watch a least some of the events. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I find most amusement in the mascots.

Sasquatch is a mascot this year.

Yay Bigfoot.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I don't like any Olympics. Boring. Boooo.

Fortunately have cable this year unlike 2008 so yay, can watch something else.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:
I didn't mean I'm not interested... I just hadn't heard! I LOVE the olympics, and will probably follow (and watch) a lot of the events. :)

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

American Eagle wrote:
I didn't mean I'm not interested... I just hadn't heard! I LOVE the olympics, and will probably follow (and watch) a lot of the events. :)
You hadn't heard? And its on Friday? (I got the impression you were mocking me, sorry. I've gotten a lot of turn-off because I'm so excited... which makes no sense, since its the olympics...)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

American Eagle wrote:
You hadn't heard? And its on Friday? (I got the impression you were mocking me, sorry. I've gotten a lot of turn-off because I'm so excited... which makes no sense, since its the olympics...)
Yeah, I can understand that. But don't worry, I'm excited too! \:D/ (It's weird I hadn't heard... I listen to ESPN Radio every day! ;))

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Heehee. A few weeks ago, I was trying to calculate when the next Winter Olympics was... Then, when I ask, lo and behold! :shock: I can't wait. \:D/ (they should add a new event... Ice fishing! :- )
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I'm excited - I love the Winter Olympics! \:D/ Hopefully we'll be able to put the antenna on our little TV set to watch a least some of the events. ;)
You at least have to watch hockey - I would hate for you to miss watching Canada's glorious upcoming victories in both mens and womens hockey! That would be a real shame. :(

Yayness! I love the Winter Olympics! (And I just realized that Laura said exactly the same thing...) :anxious: But I do! I love watching hockey and figure skating especially, but everything is fun. The luge, bobsledding, assorted skiing events...the list goes on and on! :D
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Catspaw wrote:You at least have to watch hockey - I would hate for you to miss watching Canada's glorious upcoming victories in both mens and womens hockey! That would be a real shame. :(
Oooo, good one. :p But I'm sorry to say, Canada's teams will most probably lose to the U.S. hockey teams. Ha! :neener:

....okay, maybe not. But I can hope. :noway:
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

For the record, this belongs in Finneman's Market. \:D/

Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I'm not excited :|
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I knew the Winter Olympics were coming soon, I just didn't know how soon!

Except for an hour or so of swimming that I caught in 2008, I've never watched the Olympics - winter or summer. I've never done much TV sports-watching, though I'm sure there are some Olympic sports that I would enjoy watching.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

American Eagle wrote:For the record, this belongs in Finneman's Market. \:D/
Actually, most sports related topics have usually been posted in or moved to the Harlequin. :-k
Last edited by Laura Ingalls on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

My friend is going to the opening ceremony and such. I can hopefully watch some of it on TV :pray:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Catspaw wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I'm excited - I love the Winter Olympics! \:D/ Hopefully we'll be able to put the antenna on our little TV set to watch a least some of the events. ;)
You at least have to watch hockey - I would hate for you to miss watching Canada's glorious upcoming victories in both mens and womens hockey! That would be a real shame. :(

Yayness! I love the Winter Olympics! (And I just realized that Laura said exactly the same thing...) :anxious: But I do! I love watching hockey and figure skating especially, but everything is fun. The luge, bobsledding, assorted skiing events...the list goes on and on! :D
What really annoys me about hockey is that my brother hated Sydney Crosby was an idiot and all whiney until he was going to be on the olympic team.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

ShadowSa1nt wrote:My friend is going to the opening ceremony and such. I can hopefully watch some of it on TV :pray:
Oh ya, he is, isn't he? :-k

Olympics are cool... I enjoy watching them. Not something I get really excited about, though.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait