BEST MOVIE OF THE DECADE! (1990-1999) [2ND POLL: RESULTS!]

This the second Best 1990s Movie polls!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

What are you TOP 3 favorite 1990s movies?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
4%
Forest Gump
6%
Beauty and the Beast
24%
The Rescuers Down Under
7%
Ever After
8%
Groundhog Day
4%
Anastasia
6%
Toy Story
20%
Independence Day
4%
Apollo 13
1%
Back to the Future Part III
11%
Rigoletto
3%
Newsies
No votes
Life Is Beautiful
1%

Total votes: 71

American Eagle
Chief of Police
BEST MOVIE OF THE DECADE! (1990-1999) [2ND POLL: RESULTS!]

Post by American Eagle »

Alright, I've decided to split this into two polls! The first can be found here (vote in both!). Vote and predict your favorite movies of the 1990s! \:D/

Part I: Nominate Your Favorites! - Finished!
PM me your favorite movies from the 1990s (just one, or a top 5/top 10). Some popular 1990s films were the Titanic, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Jurassic Park, Independence Day The Lion King and Forrest Gump. Of course, we want variety, so try looking through this list of movies to find your favorites. (Note: Please do them in order of your favorite to least favorite, because I may have to only choose a few from each nominee :)). I'll start the poll in this thread once we have 20 movies!

Part II: Predict & Vote!
  1. The poll will run for four days. Vote for your Top 3 favorite 1990s films!
  2. Predict the top 3 winners in this thread. Similar to this:
    1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    2. Forest Gump
    3. Beauty and the Beast
Is there a prize?
Yes sir! \:D/ The user who picks the top 3 films correctly will be given a $25 cash prize! Be sure to post your predictions in this thread!

The two highest voted films of each of the polls will move on to the finals, which will be held in the main thread. It's time to vote & predict! Have fun! \:D/
Last edited by American Eagle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

1: Toy Story
2: Forest Gump
3: Back to the Future III
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I predict:
1. Titanic (supposedly the highest grossing film of all time with the possible exception of the Star Wars franchise, but I'm not sure)
2. Toy Story
3. Forrest Gump
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

My predictions:
1. Toy Story
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Independance Day
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

1. Titanic
2. Back to the Future
3. Independance Day
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My predictions for this poll:

Back to the Future
Beauty and the Beast
Independence Day
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

for this pole:
Independence Day
Beauty and the Beast
Terminator 2

Till the end of the line.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Predictions:

Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Back to the Future

Haha, I accidentally just typed Back to the Beautiful. :lol:
Last edited by LizzieG on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Hm, wow...

I predict:
Toy Story
Ever After
Back to the Future 3
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

1. Toy Story
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Forrest Gump
I do what I do.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

KODY 105 wrote:I predict:
1. Titanic (supposedly the highest grossing film of all time with the possible exception of the Star Wars franchise, but I'm not sure)
2. Toy Story
3. Forrest Gump
I think the avatar mite be the highest grossing film of all time now
this is my sig, but it is not attached by default, because I think I am too good for a signature all the time, or something. (More likely something).
I am totally not a sockpuppet of Marvin D.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Moontide wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:I predict:
2. Toy Story
3. Forrest Gump
I think the avatar mite be the highest grossing film of all time now
Yes, James Cameron's Avatar has overtaken James Cameron's Titanic to be the highest-grossing film of all-time; in both America and worldwide. Star Wars is fourth, directly behind The Dark Knight in third. (KODY 105 and MITCHnTRENT, Titanic isn't in this poll, so it's impossible for it to be correct. ;))

I'll make a prediction, but of course I can't get the prize:
1. Toy Story
2. Beauty and the Beast
3. Groundhog Day

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

When I made my predictions, I was under the impression only one set of predictions could be made for the entire thing.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*cough* Avatar is only the highest grossing cause tickets to see it in 3D were $15. ;) (but it was definately worth the cash splurge to see it that way :inlove: ) Then there's the regular.. What are they, $8? But yeah.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

KODY 105 wrote:When I made my predictions, I was under the impression only one set of predictions could be made for the entire thing.
No, you're allowed to predict in both.
Termite wrote:*cough* Avatar is only the highest grossing cause tickets to see it in 3D were $15. ;) (but it was definately worth the cash splurge to see it that way :inlove: ) Then there's the regular.. What are they, $8? But yeah.
3D is, to my knowledge, generally a $3 surcharge. If you want to say, "Avatar is only big because it has 3D," then Titanic is nothing compared to old movies like Gone With the Wind. The fact is, theaters aren't as popular these days (which I'm glad), so getting to $600M is a larger feat, even with 3D helping. That being said, I don't care about either. :)

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

What? :-k No, no regular tickets around me are $12, unless you meant something else. And, uh, around here the theatres are packed. Anyhow, I never said Avatar was only big cause of the 3D... just the fact that so many people are seeing it and spending more on tickets than they did on the Titanic is what upped it rapidly. *shrugs*
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Termite wrote:What? :-k No, no regular tickets around me are $12, unless you meant something else. And, uh, around here the theatres are packed. Anyhow, I never said Avatar was only big cause of the 3D... just the fact that so many people are seeing it and spending more on tickets than they did on the Titanic is what upped it rapidly. *shrugs*
Titanic sold more tickets mostly because there were a larger movie-going public. Both a super-successful movies, of course. ;) I don't know ticket prices in areas, I just heard of places with a $3 surcharge to watch it in 3D. Ignore me, I just speak my mind. \:D/

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Ah, ok. I just didn't get what you were saying. (I was hungry. :- )
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Finalists Are In!
Beauty and the Beast (17 votes), Toy Story (14 votes), Back to the Future Part III (8 votes) have moved on the to finals! Congrats to LizzieG for correctly predicting them! She will receive $25. Vote in the finals!