New Passages and Characters

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

New Passages and Characters

Post by Marvin D. »

What do you think of the new drawings for everybody? What about the new Passages design? I luvs it!! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I love it too!! The only problem I have is I already have the books. I think I'm going to buy them again, only because I don't have a map of Marus.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I don't have them yet, but I've read them before (the OOOOLLLDDD version), so I am definitley going to buy them this time.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Where can i see the new designs at?

-- 27 Jan 2010 10:14 am --
Last edited by Epic on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

NOOOOOOOOOO! They ruined Eugene! :mad: (Okay, so maybe I don't hate the new picture that much) It's not a terrible picture, but I don't see the reason for the updated version. It wouldn't even be that bad if it was just Eugene with a new hair cut, but everything about him is different. I'll say the same exact thing I did about the new Whit picture when I said that the picture isn't a horrible fit for Eugene, but I will absolutely never picture Eugene looking like that. Ever. I don't even want to look at the picture anymore, in fear that it will affect my image of him in my head. The good new is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these new pictures are only going to be on albums 51 and newer, but on the cover remakes and stuff it will be the same old character designs right?

Connie's picture really isn't that bad. I'll still picture her with a ponytail, but it's nice to finally see her out of that green Sweat Suit.

And for those of you who wanted a fat Wooton, we've got it.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I don't like the new passages looks. They uglified them, and they killed the AIO characters.

Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

See some more thoughts on the new character art in the Official Podcast Thread in the Podcast Room starting here. \:D/

The new Passages book design looks great, although I wasn't expecting it since the covers were already redesigned recently. Now, however, they match the epic album cover. Still, I'm a proud owner of the original solid colored design with the scribbles.
Officer David Harley
Classic

Post by Officer David Harley »

yew the new passages covers look bad and uglified. Old charectors: Whit has a bad haircut and looks greasy, the vest on Eugine is not a sweater vest, Wooton shouldn't be fat, Connie looks like a preppy jerk mcjerkface. The Parkers: Olivia looks like Liz, Mathew looks like a nerdy version of Grady, Camilla looks like a white Tamika, David looks like George Barkley, Ava looks like an older version of Donna
live at 25 wrote: I ran into Donna the other day and she's married with 3 kids
Their heads are disproportionate to their bodies.

This report is a group effort
of
Officer David Harley and 31899
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I love the new Passages designs....they look just like the CD.

Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Officer David Harley wrote:yew the new passages covers look bad and uglified. Old charectors: Whit has a bad haircut and looks greasy, the vest on Eugine is not a sweater vest, Wooton shouldn't be fat, Connie looks like a preppy jerk mcjerkface. The Parkers: Olivia looks like Liz, Mathew looks like a nerdy version of Grady, Camilla looks like a white Tamika, David looks like George Barkley, Ava looks like an older version of Donna
live at 25 wrote: I ran into Donna the other day and she's married with 3 kids
Their heads are disproportionate to their bodies.

This report is a group effort
of
Officer David Harley and 31899
For a second, I thought you were saying that Donna's kids' heads are disproportionate to their bodies! Oops!
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I think the new Passages covers are okay. I don't really have anything else to say.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Ok I think the Parker family looks ok.
I think the Passages looks ok.
Connie looks ok but I think she should have a pony tail.
I do NOT like Eugene or Mr. Whitaker's new look! :{
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

One of the things I really don't like about the new Eugene is that it isn't just a new hair cut clothes and glasses, but even his head is a different shape. I think he's taller now too. I did a really fast job on photoshop of putting Eugene's old hair cut and glasses on his new head, and though you could see some resemblance, it makes it easy to notice the change in the shape of his head.

(Oh, and I'd put the picture on here, but it won't copy/paste, so I'm not sure how else to post it here.)
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Get real you guys. We are going into 2010. Sure, we have had these drawings for a while but it is time to move on. Not all change is bad.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

"Change can help you change, and that can be a good thing."
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yes, I agree. Change can be good!

No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Just not this time. There is obviously something wrong when Connie starts aging backward.

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Strangely reminiscent of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", which sounds REALLY creepy! \:D/
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I think the new Passages covers look cheap compared to the trade paperbacks we have now. They may be more exciting to kids and obviously Odyssey-related with the bursts, but they can't match the class of the black covers released last time.

As for the characters, I like all of them except for Connie. Eugene looks different, but good. Connie looks way too commercial for her own good. Wearing $100 designer shirts and obviously spending half a day styling her hair that way is not how a role model for many kids should be portrayed, especially when it doesn't match her character.