Odyssey meets Scooby Doo

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Odyssey meets Scooby Doo

Post by jennifertwt »

My husband and I were watching Scooby Doo Wedding Bell Boos on VHS the other night and were surprised to hear both Hal Smith and Alan Young in the cast. What a treat!

I've discovered that Hal Smith was in just about everything I've enjoyed over the years. What a prolific actor. What are some of your surprise 'discoveries' of Odyssey voices?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I'm always amused to find them voicing comic book characters in cartoons or video games... happens fairly often.

And it wasn't a SURPRISE but I was mildly pleased to see Jess Harnell's name during the end credits of Transformers 2 last night... \:D/
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I totally watched Transformers 2 just because Jess Harnell was in it. Sad, no? :oops: I used to watch Totally Spies as a kid and was super surprised to find out that Katie Lee and Jess Harnell was in it!
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Katie Leigh being in Totally Spies was such a cool surprise!

Then there was that Christmas Story that was narrated by Brandon Gilberstad! It was what made the entire movie actually. ^.^
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That's cool! I didn't know Katie Leigh was in Totally Spies! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I was very surprised when I found out that Hal Smith had played Otis on the Andy Griffith show. I was also surprised when I found out that Walker Edmiston had been in the Little House on the Prarie TV series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYqKdGw1Wc
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

EMBEE wrote:I was very surprised when I found out that Hal Smith had played Otis on the Andy Griffith show. I was also surprised when I found out that Walker Edmiston had been in the Little House on the Prarie TV series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYqKdGw1Wc
I knew about Hal Smith but haven't been able to see him in any episodes. I did not know about Walker Edmiston. What character did he play?
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

jennifertwt wrote:
EMBEE wrote:I was very surprised when I found out that Hal Smith had played Otis on the Andy Griffith show. I was also surprised when I found out that Walker Edmiston had been in the Little House on the Prarie TV series. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqYqKdGw1Wc
I knew about Hal Smith but haven't been able to see him in any episodes. I did not know about Walker Edmiston. What character did he play?
I don't remember the name of the character. I think it was more of a cameo appearance. You can click on the link to see a video of him in the show. I would've just embedded it here, but embedding was disabled for that video.
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

The person who does Jason's voice, (Townsend Coleman) also did the voice for Michelangelo from the Teenage mutant ninja Turtles
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Jordan Orr and Shane Baumel were both in A Boyfriend for Christmas. They play the twin nephews of the main character. I discovered it by watching the credits (my favorite part!) and noticing that those names looked familar. I of course had to share it with my parents, neither of whom were as excited as I was... :-
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

When I find actors/actresses from Odyssey on like movies or TV shows, I always itch to watch them. And when I do, it takes me watching whatever twice to finally understand that its them. It just is never recognizable!

Apart from Dave Madden in "The Partridge Family"... Yeah, that's an easy guess. He's in every episode (I believe...) and not hard to miss. :D Hulu!!
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I think it was Land Before Time, or one of those ones, where I recognized Will Ryan. It was fun.

Also, and I can't remember for the life of me where, I heard Katie Leigh's voice out of the blue on some show and was like WHEEEEEEEE, I KNOW THAT VOICE.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I know that Corey Burton is everywhere, for starters. And I know that Corey Padnos was in Ben 10: Alien Force as Cooper No-One-Knows-His-Last-Name, learned from playing TV Russian Roulette out of sheer boredom and looking the show up on Wikipedia later. He and Lauren Schaffel also voiced, respectively, Linus and Lucy Van Pelt in A Charlie Brown Valentine. And Hal Smith and Alan Young, if I recall, voiced quite a few characters in the Mickey Mouse Christmas Carol, most notably Jacob Marley (Goofy) and Ebenezer Scrooge (Scrooge McDuck, obviously), respectively.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

I think i read somewhere that the actor who plays Corey on thats so Raven and Corey in the house, did the voice for Marvin in one episode.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Kyle Massey voiced Marvin in his first appearance, "The Toy Man." After that, Jordan Calloway voiced him up until "Think On These Things." Kendre Berry has voiced Marvin since.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
IamConnie
Gold Member

Post by IamConnie »

I was watching TV today and briefly saw a part of the TV series Chuck and saw that Mark Christopher Lawrence was in it. I was like, "Hey, that's Mr. Washington!"
They say all roads lead to Rome, and all roads lead through Indiana. But I say that in the world of Odyssey, all roads lead to Novacom.
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

Mark Christopher Lawrence was in Christmas with the Kranks. ^.^ Happy was I when I discovered that.
EMBEE
I've been working out

Post by EMBEE »

So just a minute ago, I was listening to Odyssey on Grooveshark, and I see that they also have these songs that I used to listen to all the time when I was little, and I start listening to it, and the narrator on it is Pete Renaday, the voice of the Old Judge!