The Ultimate Odyssey IQ Challenge!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

The Ultimate Odyssey IQ Challenge!

Post by Jacob Isom »

Now is your chance to win a free copy of album 51, "Take It from the Top!" with the Ultimate Odyssey IQ Challenge! Enter today at the Odyssey Scoop and the Unofficial Podcast!

For more info, see the January 5th blog posts or visit the Scoop's contest section.

http://www.odysseyscoop.com
http://aiofanpodcast.blogspot.com
Last edited by Jacob Isom on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

I know all the answers. \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The answers are really hard!
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

This looks really cool.

Last edited by 31899 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Combining time and correct answers makes this a tough one! I originally didn't really notice the part where time counted as well as answers, and then under pressure I couldn't remember a few, and of course there were others that I had no idea and didn't want to spend 25 minutes listening to find out, so I missed a lot. It was a fun challenge! :D Too many number questions, though, for my taste. ;)

Post by 31899 »

Math = False

It's timed! I was using opera browser so I exited, and logged off thinking I would comeback to the questions later, bad plan. When I came back it was at the information page and said
Looks like you have a question or two that still needs to be filled out.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

For the record, it's more about getting the questions right then doing it in the quickest time. So it's better to have a slower time and 50 correct answers than a fast time and 49 correct answers. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Wow, that was hard! I used AIO wiki a LOT and tried not to think about my time. I think that I did pretty well!

Post by 31899 »

Those were some tough questions. It would be cool to see some more trivia some time.

Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

They were pretty difficult allright, but I'm certain I got a majority right...at least half
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Wow, what a challenge! But then, it wouldn't be much fun if it were easy!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Uh oh, Catspaw and Boswell found it hard!?

We had the Ultimate Passages Fan Scavenger Hunt and now this. I'm loving the collaboration, inventiveness, and tangible prizes. It sounds like the timing, a novel aspect, would serve as a tiebreaker. The person who gets the most right wins, but the quicker time will prevail in the event of a tie. Kudos to the creators for injecting excitement into this AIO fan community!

P.S. I see that the contest is managed in Google Docs, which makes me happy! \:D/
Last edited by Taq on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

*considers the defensive tactic of editing AIO wiki with all the wrong answers* Lucky, for you all, I like wikis too much to irresponsibly sabotage one for personal gain. :wink:

Don't mean to start any trash talk, but I'm taking this pretty seriously. There's only two so far that I can't figure out! :yes:

Thanks, Jacob and Trent, for all your work. It's really well done. I love the questions and am having a blast! I've been working on it all day and am only half way done. I have a word document keeping track of my progress, episodes to listen to, possible answers to double check, etc. Tomorrow's a snow day, so I'll probably be working late into the night, maybe even an all-nighter. Yipee!
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:For the record, it's more about getting the questions right then doing it in the quickest time. So it's better to have a slower time and 50 correct answers than a fast time and 49 correct answers. ;)
Note to self: read more closely next time. ;) I definitely would have fared better that way, since I didn't take time to look up some harder ones. Come on, who knows all those crazy number ones?! At least ask the ones that I know. ;)

Taq, I hope your surprise that Boswell and I found it hard doesn't mean that you found it easy! :mad: There are lots of questions that require information that most people don't retain for long...at least not me. ;)
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

I found it challenging... and AIO wiki gave me absolutely nothing. Not even Jason's agent #... for which, I have no episodes on this computer, so I basically couldn't do anything except the ones I knew. ... Oh well. 15 is better than nothing I guess.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Haha, you can certainly find a couple answers on the AIO Wiki. But a number of them require listening to the episode from which the trivia is taken. :badgrin:
Catspaw wrote:Note to self: read more closely next time. ;) I definitely would have fared better that way, since I didn't take time to look up some harder ones. Come on, who knows all those crazy number ones?! At least ask the ones that I know. ;)
There's nothing stopping you from entering again. ;)
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

Taq wrote:P.S. I see that the contest is managed in Google Docs, which makes me happy! \:D/
With Google Docs, you can't go wrong! I'm glad to see that everyone is enjoying this contest, and feeling extremely challenged as well. We had a lot of fun putting together the questions.

And, I must say, I know all the answers as well. Haha. But all of you have a chance to know them all, too. It's an open audiobook test.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

For some reason, I think I get the feeling you assume everyone either 1) has every episode/every album or 2) has general knowledge of every episode and on going. 8/ Um...
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:For some reason, I think I get the feeling you assume everyone either 1) has every episode/every album or 2) has general knowledge of every episode and on going. 8/ Um...
Well, everybody cool has both!

Just kidding. :wink: If it makes you feel any better, I don't have either of those quite completely, either.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

Trent DeWhite wrote:There's nothing stopping you from entering again. ;)
So I can enter more than once? And if I can, would they all count? Or just the newest entry?

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;