What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I just started Under the Cajun Moon, by Mindy Starns Clark. I'll see if I like it. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Surprise Endings by Robin Jones Gunn
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Interesting book choice, Lord Sesshoumaru! I hope you enjoy it. Have you read the earlier books in the series?

I'm reading "The Stars for a Light" by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris. I couldn't decide what to read, and then this one jumped off the shelf. I've read it a few times, but I just love it! :inlove:
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

Indeed I have, I've read the first three.
EcceCorMeum
Lurker

Post by EcceCorMeum »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:Surprise Endings by Robin Jones Gunn
I love RJG. I've pretty much read all of her books, I'm about to start rereading the Christy college years...

Right now I'm rereading Christy by Catherine Marshall.
-Ecce
Could we dim the sun
And wonder where we've been
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

EcceCorMeum wrote: Right now I'm rereading Christy by Catherine Marshall.

One of my all time favorite books, and TV series! :)

I am reading Mansfield Park, and will soon re-read the "Love Comes Softly" series :) I got the last 4 movies for Christmas and want to kow just how much Landon Jr. messed up the story.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Look to the East by Maureen Lang. It is the first an a series or trilogy, set during WWI. I have not had much reading time the last week, but it is good so far.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Dr Ninja
I should know what a double post is now
I should know what a double post is now

Post by Dr Ninja »

I have just finished reading...actually listening too, because I don't have time to actually read books... Just about all of the Star Wars Audio Books, 91 out of 104
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Hollywood Nobody is my newest book. I love it. Has anybody else read it?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

"Green" by Ted Dekker. I got it for Christmas, and its giving me a headache... sometimes I want to through it at the wall, other times I wish it was real life... gah. I also think it can be the beginning of the circle, the ending of the circle... and a stand alone.

I just finished "The Defining Moment" by Jonathan Alter. For History... but it was good!

I'm also reading "The Truth Seeker" by Dee Henderson for the third time...

Plus "The Time of My Life" by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Neimi (sp?). Its good too!!

And I think that's it... that would be a relief. All these books!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am reading Sarah's Promise by Leisha Kelly. It is a very good book. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I'm continuing to press on through Les Miserables.

Tonight, though, I took a break from that and read Ella Enchanted immediately after watching the movie. You see, I first saw the movie before I read the book (some three or more years ago), and liked the movie at the time. When I read the book, I liked it too, but as I had seen the movie first, my thoughts were more favorable toward it than if the book had come first. Tonight, my sister and I watched the movie again, and it was less enjoyable than I thought it would be. So, I picked up the book again, and it was wonderful, and the movie doesn't do it justice at all, and my sympathies are now where they rightfully belong: with the book. \:D/

The end. I should probably sleep now, shouldn't I? ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I couldn't agree with you more! I read the book first, was disappointed in the movie, and continue to love the book. That said, I bought the movie yesterday. ;) But I couldn't resist - it was only $5! I like the movie in some ways, but not as a good representation of the book, since the changes aren't for the better, in my opinion. But it's still decent. Just not amazing, like the book is! :D (Reading until some crazy hour of the morning is totally fun! I love doing that when I can get away with it.) \:D/

I'm reading "The Face of Deceit" by Ramona Richards. It's okay so far, but I've only read the first couple chapters, so I'm hoping it will get better!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I bought two new books today: Unwind and The Hunger Games. \:D/ Unwind's a favorite of mine, but I've never read The Hunger Games, so that should be interesting. :yes:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

The Blue Enchantress by M.L Tyndall. It is the second book in her Charles Towne Belles trilogy. I finished Look to the East this afternoon, it was excellent. The only downside is that I have to wait until this summer to find out what happens next.
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

A Dangerous Path by Erin Hunter. It's the fifth book in the Warriors series, and the series is only worth rereading by the twelfth (sp?) book, Sunset. After that it's pretty much downhill.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Eugene
Official Brainiac
Official Brainiac

Post by Eugene »

I just finished the entire Kidsboro series. I'd have to say that it was pretty good! Now I'm working on Annison's Risk and The Maze of Bones (from the 39 clues series).

"Don't fuss with me." WHY;
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I read The Chosen One today, which is about a girl who's part of a Fundamentalist polygamist sect. It was heart-wrenching to read at times, but the book turned out well. :yes:
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

I'm trying to get through some stuff for school-ish things; mostly Pre-Algebra, other Mathematics, and Physics books. :P It's pretty cool, actually.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm just starting "Ekaterina" by Susan Downs and Susan May Warren. It's the first book in their Heirs of Anton series. My church library has the first two of the four books in the series, which my sister read and really liked, so this year for Christmas I tracked down books three and four to give to her, so now we can read the whole series! \:D/ Apparently they're all quite connected.