Sue Thomas FBEye

Oh, Jack...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

The actor who plays Bobby was just on CBS' new show called Close to Home as an abusive father who locked his kids and wife in the basement.
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*thread bumpness* Yay!

I was watching "Full House" today and I finally got to see the episode with Rick Peters in it! \:D/ Ever since I found out that he was in an ep, I've wanted to see it, and I was hoping that I would recognize him. I did right away and started laughing joyfully, since it was finally the Rick Peters ep and I didn't even expect it. No accent, and he had a mustache. And he was only in the first half of the ep because he was on a date with DJ and then ditched her for another woman. :anxious: But I still thoroughly enjoyed it, since it was Rick Peters. I think he's actually improved with time. He looks better on "Sue Thomas" than back in the early '90s on "Full House."
tangeldweb
Not as new

Post by tangeldweb »

My sister loves the show our family thought she was a little weird at first but now she has us all hooked, my faverit is probaly Miles !Lol! no probaly Bobby.
Last edited by tangeldweb on Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cali girl
Lurker

Post by Cali girl »

WOW! Rick Peters was on Full House?! I actually remember the episode you are talking about with DJ getting ditched on her date. I would love to see that particular one again now that I am a big fan of Sue Thomas.
I really enjoy watching the show, it is clean but still interesting. My favorite episode was when Sue and Jack had to pretend they were a married couple in order to keep surveillance on their neighbors. Other shows on Prime Time TV would turn that into something bad, but the peope at PAX were able to do it tastefully.

*Victoria*
~Press on~
Hosea 6:3
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

tangeldweb wrote:My sister loves the show hour family thot she was a little weird at first but now she has us all hooked my faverit is probaly Miles !Lol! no probaly Bobby.
That's kind of what happened to me, too! My best friend wanted me to watch this show with her, but I didn't want to. I didn't think that I would like it, but she finally got me to watch an episode. It was an instant addiction! \:D/

Welcome here, Cali girl! \:D/ I was surprised when I saw that Rick Peters had been on an episode of "Full House," but I didn't know if I had seen the episode before or not, because before I saw "Sue Thomas" I would have had no reason to ever notice some guy who only makes one appearance. I hadn't seen that ep before, which was kind of fun.

I've only seen the second half the the Prince of Terror two-parter...I really want to see the first half. I want to see Jack and Sue go grocery shopping together and all those other cute things! :insane: But the only channel that I get that shows "Sue Thomas" (one ep a week :roll:) always starts back at the beginning right before they get to that ep. It makes me rather unhappy.
Cali girl
Lurker

Post by Cali girl »

Didn't know if everyone knew or not, but there is going to be a Sue Thomas marathon on Saturday, Sept. 2 on PAX. Enjoy!!
~Press on~
Hosea 6:3
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I wish I got PAX! :sniff: Well, thanks for the heads up for people who actually get PAX, and enjoy watching it, Cali girl! \:D/
Arwen
No way I broke the window

Post by Arwen »

:cry: :sniff: :mecry: :sad3:

I don't have PAX either. Maybe I can get someone to put a tape in...
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

*merged thread "Sue Thomas FBYE - finally some official DVDs are available!"*

I can't believe it took me so long to think to post the excellent news! \:D/ I've loved the TV show "Sue Thomas FBEye" for years, and finally a DVD set has been released! Sadly, it's only the first 11 episodes, not even all of season one, but hey, it's better than nothing! I only saw the Christmas episode once about two years ago, since it isn't aired in syndication, and that's part of the 11 episodes, so that's pretty cool! :D They have a little promo clip on Youtube with ordering info - click here to watch! Warning: they show a clip from a season two episode (the one with Jack and Sue dancing together), so of course that one isn't included. :( Which is too bad, since it's one of my favourites. But oh well. If these sell well, they'll make more DVDs, so I'm hoping they do! Unfortunately, you can only buy them online through their website, or by phoning in, which is what I did, since Canadians can't order off of their website. The nice young man with a definite southern-esque American accent who took my call was very cordial and helpful, so I commend whoever hired the phone-answering people! \:D/

The price is good, at $19.99, though the shipping is the bummer. :( I think it's $5.99 in the States and it's $8.99 to Canada, which makes it less attractive. It's too bad they aren't available in stores or through Amazon, but that's life. I hope that I find some fellow Sue Thomas fans through this thread, even if I don't convince anybody to buy the DVDs! I haven't used my Jack avatars and sigs in a while, so newer members may be unaware of my love for the show in general and Jack/Yannick Bisson in particular. :inlove: *swoons*

To order:

www.SueThomasDVD.com

In Canada (also for the U.S. if you prefer), call 1-800-682-8748

Mine should be here any day - yayness! \:D/ I will be sure to post and gloat and possibly post a picture of me hugging the DVD set or something fun like that when it arrives. \:D/
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

How much did they pay you to promote their product? :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sadly, nothing. ;) But there is something in it for me anyway, since if these sell well that increases the odds that they'll be able to put more DVD's out, and I have several favourite episodes in season 2, so I would love to get more DVDs!

I just got my order in the mail today, which made me very happy! Maybe tomorrow evening my sister and I will watch the Christmas episode, since I've seen it once and I don't think she's seen it at all. My dad likes the show too - it isn't just for girls! :noway: (Though my brother isn't a big fan, somewhat just because I like it and he has no reason to love Yannick Bisson like I do.) ;) So at least go watch the reruns on CTV, Trent! :x
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've only seen a minute or two of one episode - not really enough to know what was going on. But the show does sound like something that I would like! \:D/ Only I wouldn't pay that much for the DVDs. :( I'm cheap.

Glad you're enjoying them, Catspaw! :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Sue Thomas went to the same college as me, a few years before me. Columbia International University in South Carolina.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

For any other DVDs I wouldn't pay that much, but years of wishing that there were DVDs available led me to succumb to the admittedly higher-than-I-would-prefer price. At least it's something that I feel good about supporting, if I am going to overpay ;) and I will share, since my aunt and my best friend both like the show too, as well as my sister and my dad. Good shows are made for sharing! \:D/ Move to Canada and you can borrow them too, Laura - I think it is a show that you would enjoy! Maybe somebody you know will buy the set and you can borrow it.

Jimmy, that's very cool! :D The real Sue Thomas appears in a couple of episodes, including one on the DVD set - the Christmas episode. :D Obviously this show isn't a biography, but she is clearly an amazing woman!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

*had to comment* Catspaw, I agree. Sue Thomas rocks! :highfive: "The end... for now." I remember cheering at "for now." :)

...back into inexistence. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay! I'm glad that you poked your head back into the ToO long enough to comment, AE. :D I got hooked on the show towards the end of the third (and final) series, and I was also really encouraged by the "...for now," and I actually just read an interview with one of the creators (either Dave or Alan Johnson - I forget which one) saying that they're still hoping to maybe make a movie (not a theatrical release, of course, but made for TV/direct to DVD release) to continue with the characters in that way, so that would be really cool! :D I'm not holding my breath, but I would love to see new Sue Thomas stuff!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I very much agree! I would so watch that. My whole family watched the very first episode together, and then followed the series from there. Sue was cool. Jack was awesome. Levi was fun. Miles and Bobby were so funny (as Howie). Dimitrius, Tara and Lucy Dotson were all cool as well. What a great cast of characters that was! Come back Sue Thomas! :protest:

Our family still sings the theme song all the time! \:D/

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Don't ever leave us again, AE! :x :mecry:

And yeah on this topic, I ordered a dozen sets of the DVDs to give to family for Christmas, because even though I've never seen the show I trust Catspaw's recommendation! \:D/
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

The Top Crusader wrote:Don't ever leave us again, AE! :x :mecry:
Maybe I shall retern when the new episodes come out, as Irwin said. We'll see. For now though, I don't trust myself enough to stay. We'll see how things go. Love ya'll. \:D/
The Top Crusader wrote:And yeah on this topic, I ordered a dozen sets of the DVDs to give to family for Christmas, because even though I've never seen the show I trust Catspaw's recommendation! \:D/
:shock: Someone's rolling in the dough... but it's a good buy nonetheless! :)

Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

American Eagle wrote:I very much agree! I would so watch that. My whole family watched the very first episode together, and then followed the series from there. Sue was cool. Jack was awesome. Levi was fun. Miles and Bobby were so funny (as Howie). Dimitrius, Tara and Lucy Dotson were all cool as well. What a great cast of characters that was! Come back Sue Thomas! :protest:

Our family still sings the theme song all the time! \:D/
I agree with all of that! Being a girl, I also enjoy the romantic angles. Obviously there's Jack and Sue, and they toss in just enough good stuff to keep everybody happy! :D It isn't a romance-centered show, but there's a few sweet scenes. Near the end of season three there was an episode where Bobby and Tara kind of went out on a date. If they do make a movie, I hope they do something with that, because they would be totally cute together! :inlove: I agree that Howie is funny - he's just one of those characters you have to love, even though you know that in real life he would drive you totally crazy! And Myles...oh Myles, you pompously lovable snob! He's the character that changes the most, I think, and in a good way.

AE, it's nice to hear that you might return a little later. :D I'm glad that the amazingness of Sue Thomas convinced you to post a couple times while we wait for those new AIO episodes!

Top, I'm assuming that you're kidding, because...you're Top. ;) But I'm flattered that in your imaginary world you trust me that much! I am always happy to offer shopping recommendations for people that I don't know! \:D/ And if somebody does order that many (or any at all) because of this thread... :hug: