Night Owls!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Night Owls!

Post by Termite »

So... In Est time it's 11:32 as I'm typing this. I was wondering how many of you ToOers also like staying up late and singing to no one, playing music, or just enjoying being the only one "alive" at that time. \:D/ If so, what do you do late at night? I do basically what I mentioned above, read, or talk to myself and/or hold conversations with people in my head. Or I mentally write stories. :yes:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

If I am up, I am either here, on FB or on CC.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Haha, I never go to bed before 11:30. (well, I did once last week, but that didn't count..) I'm usually listening to music and working on something on my computer, or maybe pretending to work on something.
...I hate marquees.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I pretty much do the same things as you, Leela, except sometimes I actually write the stories down. :yes: Well, type them anyways.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I like to stay up late when I can, which lately has been most of the time, thanks to working lots of evenings! \:D/ I like to go online (with dial-up, at least later in the evening I know that nobody should be trying to call and then blaming me for tying up the phone line when they finally do get through ;) ) and type and read stuff without my brother constantly chatting away, which makes it hard to focus on the screen in front of me, for some reason. :-k It's also a fun time to watch TV shows or movies that the rest of my family doesn't want to watch, or something that I feel like watching without the aforementioned family interruptions. ;) I like watching stuff with family and friends, but watching by oneself has it's advantages. The remote control is all mine when everybody else is asleep! I also like to read before I go to bed, so that's something I often do in the late evening/early morning. O:) Soon I'll have to get up early weekday morning and won't be able to enjoy being a night owl, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

It is only 1 AM right now. Yes, only. :p I used to be up until 1 and 2 in the morning all of the time, but work has taken over a good portion of my life, so I have been forced to change my sleep schedule a bit. I love nights, though, and am very much a night owl. I like just doing random things at night. Whether it be studying, chatting, skyping, working on projects, cleaning, or miscellaneous other things. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the late night/early morning hours. :yes:
Liz_Horton
Animatronic

Post by Liz_Horton »

JesusIsAlive wrote:It is only 1 AM right now. Yes, only. :p I used to be up until 1 and 2 in the morning all of the time, but work has taken over a good portion of my life, so I have been forced to change my sleep schedule a bit. I love nights, though, and am very much a night owl. I like just doing random things at night. Whether it be studying, chatting, skyping, working on projects, cleaning, or miscellaneous other things. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the late night/early morning hours. :yes:
Haha I love it when we are both online in the early morning. You are so much fun and help me wake up for the school day ahead. :P Back on topic, I used to always stay up till 12-1 am watching movies reading, studying etc, but now my school day starts at 5 so I go to bed between 9-11. However if you look on the "Now online" it looks like I'm a night owl because I'm 8 hours ahead of Central time. \:D/
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

I used to call myself a night owl, then I tried being coherent at 4 AM. didn't work out very well.

now I've decided I need more sleep, so I -try- to be in bed before midnight. I might feel like I'm more night-owl-ish, but more or less that's an excuse for my ability to do simple functions at late hours. complex things like writing novels? debating things? that is better left when I have brainpower.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I'm always up late or late-ish. The quiet, peacefulness of the night is wonderful. Late nights for me usually consists of going on the computer, watching tv and/or movies, exercising, and sometimes quietly talking to others who are also awake. The best part about it is, I have no trouble functioning on little sleep. Well, at least for now. :p
Last edited by V-lady on Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I can't be a night owl anymore. I have to get up by 6:30am to get my daughter to school. It is sadness, especially knowing I can't be a night owl again (my true nature) for another 18 years. :mope:
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:-k What about your other kids? Or are you counting them in that 18 years? =P
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Counting them. The youngest is less than a year, so the 18 years takes her into account. Once they're done with high school, they're definitely old enough to be responsible for getting themselves going in the morning. :x ;)
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

But will they be quiet enough for you to sleep in the amount you want?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

I don't know, but I could always threaten to kick them out if they don't. \:D/

And yes, I am kidding. :D
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

This is creepy. Am I seriously the only person on here who's feels more gung-ho (you got any etymology on that, K1?) in the morning than the night? :huh:
darcie wrote:I don't know, but I could always threaten to kick them out if they don't. \:D/

And yes, I am kidding. :D
What? A few threats never hurt anybody (much). :-
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

I'm definitely a night person... and I can usually function on very little sleep, so I'm happy. I stay up til all hours- 4 and 5 in the morning on some occasions. I just feel best at night. Mornings are not my thing.

@Darcie: You should just homeschool them \:D/.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Invisible Ninja wrote:This is creepy. Am I seriously the only person on here who's feels more gung-ho (you got any etymology on that, K1?) in the morning than the night? :huh:
Etymology of gung-ho: unknown by this user. I think it is a slang term first formally observed in the US circa 1880s?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

And how do you feel about the night owl vs. early bird debate, K1? \:D/
LadyMaxwell
Fourscore and seven

Post by LadyMaxwell »

I am definitely up on nights. Normally I don't go to bed until 6:00am and wake up at around 2:30pm. Luckily I found a place that accepts quirks like me. haha.

Anyway, now I've been kind of on days. I'll go to bed around 4:00am and wake up at about 11:30am. Yep...that's my life as the night owl. =)
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

Ah, you poor sleepy people. Just jump over to another time zone and you'll be great! (yes, I know that that really won't work =)