The Chronicles of Dr. Blackgaard Album

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Would you buy a Blackgaard set?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

Bren
Be positive!

The Chronicles of Dr. Blackgaard Album

Post by Bren »

We have the Novacom set and many others. I was reading through The Official Guide and it dawned on me, we need the Blackgaard set. What do you think?
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Since I have the Nocacom set and the individual albums containing the Noacom episodes, I suppose I would buy a Blackgaard set as well. Hopefully the packaging on the Blackgaard set would be as good as the Novacom set.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

They could have small images from the other sets on the back.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I already own all the albums that contain the various arcs of the Blackgaard Saga, but methinks it would make a good gift for someone. :yes:

...though if they included a bonus feature like they did with the Novacom Saga, I would undoubtedly give in and get it for myself as well. :anxious:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Wouldn't there only be two or three episodes? Darkness Before Dawn is an album itself, and it contains all the Dr. Blackgaard for that time...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

Aside from Album 25 I will provide a list of what comes to mind.

073: A Bite of Applesauce
076: Eugene's Dilemma
077: The Nemesis I
078: The Nemesis II
083: The Battle I
084: The Battle II
155: Waylaid in the Windy City I
156: Waylaid in the Windy City II
159: The Homecoming
286: Tom for Mayor I
287: Tom for Mayor II
290: A Name, Not a Number I
291: A Name, Not a Number II
424: Blackgaard's Revenge I
425: Blackgaard's Revenge II
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

IMHO the Darkness Before Dawn episodes would have to be included before I would buy it, even though I have that album. "The Time Has Come" is an absolute classic and the saga would not be complete without that episode. Bonus features should be included as well. They did it with the Novacom set, so they should do it with this set too. If it is just a re release of the episodes (with or without DBD) and no bonus features, then no I would not buy it.
Last edited by Laurie on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I was just making a list of the ones that are apart of it that aren't in the album. I also have it from a good source that this has been discussed and may happen at some point.I think Gary would have to do another cover though.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eh, I wouldn't get it since I already have all the episodes, but like LizzieG said it'd be a good gift for a newer fan, or if it had neat bonus stuff that would be cool, too.

I know the animation days are far behind them, but I've always thought an animated set based on Blackgaard would be cool, but they would have to have cooler character designs then the old cartoons... something more along the lines of the DC Animated Universe or something. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LizzieG wrote:I already own all the albums that contain the various arcs of the Blackgaard Saga, but methinks it would make a good gift for someone. :yes:

...though if they included a bonus feature like they did with the Novacom Saga, I would undoubtedly give in and get it for myself as well. :anxious:
You just need will power! :x

... Okay, so if they added bonus features and cool packaging I would totally buy it for myself too, just like I did with the Novacom set. :- Even though I own all the episodes already. Because when it comes to AIO products, I don't even try to exercise will power. ;)
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Catspaw wrote:... Okay, so if they added bonus features and cool packaging I would totally buy it for myself too, just like I did with the Novacom set. :- Even though I own all the episodes already. Because when it comes to AIO products, I don't even try to exercise will power. ;)
What she said. I'd need at least one full CD of good bonus features (meaning no previously heard material) to buy it. And ditto on the will power...looks like my Gold Audio albums are about to say goodbye. :(
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Boswell wrote:What she said. I'd need at least one full CD of good bonus features (meaning no previously heard material) to buy it. And ditto on the will power...looks like my Gold Audio albums are about to say goodbye. :(
You're going to buy the newly formated Albums 1-15... again? :anxious:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I'm a poor college grad. I'm thankful for any AIO album, regardless of what the cover looks like. Except cassettes are a problem, but I finally phased those out of my collection. By the way, if Focus gets our "wink wink" here, count me in as a customer who would love to see the Blackgaard Saga in its own beautiful package.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'd like to get it if there was one.But first I want to get the Novacom Saga one.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I would probably get it. The only album that I have is Gold Audio #4 (I listened for a several years without owning any CD's besides a couple from Chick-f-La), so I would probably get it. If I did own those albums with the Blackgaard episodes though, I would only buy it if it had a bonus disc with previously unreleased material.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

If they wanted to make it a few episodes bigger they could probably add "Connie Goes to Camp 1 and 2" since it shows what Connie does after she gets fired, and also explains why Lucy is mad at Connie in later episodes.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.