Ice cream sandwiches

Gah!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Ice cream sandwiches

Post by Evil Chick »

So, Adam and I were at Walmart the other day getting groceries, and we decided to get some ice-cream. And after we got two tubs of ice-cream (cookie dough and cookies'n'cream), we decided we also wanted some ice-cream sandwiches. So we're looking at the boxes of ice-cream sandwiches, and choose one, but then Adam is like, "Wait, this one is cheaper!" And I looked at it and was like, "Yeah, but those are light." And he was like, "Ew, yeah, let's get the more expensive ones." So we go home and that night I'm like, "I want some ice-cream." So I go to get an ice-cream sandwich, and suddenly realize that the box we got was 97% fat free. :x So now we have to eat them anyway, since we got them. The ice-cream is pretty good, but the non-fat chocolate wafer things are nasty. :evil:

Ok, now everyone comment on my story, and share your own stories about getting nasty food by mistake. \:D/
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Just cut off the wafer things and eat the ice cream. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Eww, I hate it when that happens. :( If I'm going to eat something with calories, I want the full good taste experience, not some lower-calorie version that tastes gross. :x I don't remember doing that recently, though I have accidentally opened some yogurt that my mom bought that had fake sweetener, which I hate the taste of. Give me the real stuff!

Ice cream sandwiches are really yummy! Does anybody else like mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches? :yum:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

That's a good idea, Dan. I hadn't thought of that.

Wow, I've never had a mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwich, but that sounds REALLY good! I'll have to find one to try. :D
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

You live in the wrong part of the country to eat the same yummy brand that I have eaten, but I'm sure that somebody else was smart enough to make them too! :D Mint and chocolate goes perfectly together, but I was still surprised at how totally yummy it was to have a non-traditional ice cream sandwich. :drool:

Now I want to eat ice cream. :(
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Ice-cream sandwiches were a favorite of mine. Everytime I would go to my grandparent's house they would have them. I can't believe someone would think to ruin them like that. :x
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I had a dream with ice cream sandwiches in them

Till the end of the line.
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

Evil Chick wrote:So, Adam and I were at Walmart the other day getting groceries, and we decided to get some ice-cream. And after we got two tubs of ice-cream (cookie dough and cookies'n'cream), we decided we also wanted some ice-cream sandwiches. So we're looking at the boxes of ice-cream sandwiches, and choose one, but then Adam is like, "Wait, this one is cheaper!" And I looked at it and was like, "Yeah, but those are light." And he was like, "Ew, yeah, let's get the more expensive ones." So we go home and that night I'm like, "I want some ice-cream." So I go to get an ice-cream sandwich, and suddenly realize that the box we got was 97% fat free. :x So now we have to eat them anyway, since we got them. The ice-cream is pretty good, but the non-fat chocolate wafer things are nasty. :evil:

Ok, now everyone comment on my story, and share your own stories about getting nasty food by mistake. \:D/
How funny! I just did the same thing. I ended up getting a 30-pack box of assorted ice cream sandwiches and similar products. And they are made with light ice cream. Interesting how everything seems to be light nowadays, yet the people are generally fatter.

You could feed the wafer things to your does.
Last edited by Josef1004 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Josef1004 wrote:Interesting how everything seems to be light nowadays, yet the people are generally fatter.
Obviously because they feel they can eat more of the light foods, thus taking away the "benefit" of light products, making them fatter. ;)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Catspaw wrote:Ice cream sandwiches are really yummy! Does anybody else like mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches? :yum:
I've never had one, but mint chocolate chip is my favorite flavor of ice cream, so it sounds amazing. \:D/

You know what's REALLY annoying? When you've gotten your deliciously awesome ice cream sandwich, and you're all ready to eat the wonderful ice cream and wafer, and then you're about to take a bite and taste the sheer sugar and chocolate... :pray:

...When all of a sudden, your idiot friend grabs the sweet delicacy, screams, "DON'T EAT THAT! YOU'RE GONNA GET FAT!" and throws that wonderful slice of beauty to the taste buds is thrown in the garbage, and you'll never taste that sweetness on your tongue until you can get another.

Yeah, that happened to me once. I was so mad... :evil:
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Josef1004 wrote:You could feed the wafer things to your does.
We don't have any does. :(
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

And if you're saying to feed them to dogs, I take it you like poisoning dogs...
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

...Maybe deer? :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

We don't have any dogs or deer either. Or any other animals, for that matter. :D
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Throw them outside for the birds.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

At the risk of sounding unforgivably out-of-touch, I really don't like ice cream. :(
However, I do know of some people that swear by this certain brand of fat-free ice cream sandwich or something. Apparently it doesn't taste much different than the real thing? I think it's called Skinny Cow.

Generally, the only products that I don't care for the fat-free/light version of are juices (I prefer real juice, calories or not!) and, as Catspaw mentioned, some flavored yogurts with the sweeteners. If that's the case, plain, unsweetened, or the "regular" version tastes much better. ;)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sherlock wrote:At the risk of sounding unforgivably out-of-touch, I really don't like ice cream. :(
However, I do know of some people that swear by this certain brand of fat-free ice cream sandwich or something. Apparently it doesn't taste much different than the real thing? I think it's called Skinny Cow.

Generally, the only products that I don't care for the fat-free/light version of are juices (I prefer real juice, calories or not!) and, as Catspaw mentioned, some flavored yogurts with the sweeteners. If that's the case, plain, unsweetened, or the "regular" version tastes much better. ;)
Oh yeah, I've seen the Skinny Cow ice cream products, though I've never tried them, since I like the regular stuff and the Skinny Cow ones are definitely more expensive. But for some people it must be worth it!

:highfive: I hadn't thought of it before, but I agree about the juice, Sherlock!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I like the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!! :yes: \:D/ they're yummy :yum:

Till the end of the line.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

Mint ice cream sandwich sounds good...now I'm getting hungry again...I just had pizza too...