I guess this is goodbye...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Ditto that, Jonathan, I also saw it on Facebook but didn't really think about it. :o

Best of luck, Tyler. :)
...I hate marquees.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Just when I was getting to know you, I have to say goodbye!!! :mecry: Anyway, goodbye Tyler! You were a very faithful servant this summer, and for that, I thank you. \:D/

Seriously, though, you will be missed around here. Thank you for everything you've brought to the ToO! Best of luck to you in your new military career... hope to see you stop by occasionally. :)

...and it took me a couple paragraphs to fully convince myself this wasn't a joke. :anxious:
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Oh my! :thud: I'm away from the ToO for a few days, and I come back to this! :mad:

Farewell, EK. :bye: You will be missed.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

American Eagle wrote:I randomly stumbled on this thread through a ToO email, and I'm glad I did. You're doing a great service for our country, Tyler, and may God bless you for that. Blessings on your future! :)

Goodbye! :hello:
*lightbulb* I have a great idea! AE can enlist, too, and they can make a reality show about EK and AE in the Marines together! \:D/

But yeah, internet has been down at home all week, so while I saw this at work yesterday, I didn't get to reply until now...

Anyway, wow, Tyler! For the older members like myself it has been a really long ride with you since the TH, and it has, as has been said before, been really great to see you grow from a weird annoying newbie who posted hilarious images of Peter Jackson, to a lowly HH mod with J-man, and then eventually a pretty regular mod and multiple time administrator! While obviously multiple administratorships on the ToO should be the pinacle of everyone's life, now you are exceeding all that by doing an incredible thing like joining the Marines--the few and proud and all that. ;) But definitely not something many people have the will to aspire to.

It's like my father has finally grown up. :mecry:
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Thank you for your dedication to the ToO, Tyler. Enjoy boot camp!
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Best wishes at boot camp, and hopefully everything goes smoothly with the enlistment process! We'll miss you around here! :)
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My brother keeps laughing because I will randomly say, "I can't believe little EK is joining the Marines!" regardless of the original topic of the conversation. I haven't reached the acceptance phase yet, it seems. ;) Anyway, as you know, you will definitely be missed, Tyler. :) There are lots of fond memories to look back on, and I wish you all the best.

I still can't believe that little EK is joining the Marines. :sniff:
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Sugar and Spice wrote:My brother keeps laughing because I will randomly say, "I can't believe little EK is joining the Marines!" regardless of the original topic of the conversation. I haven't reached the acceptance phase yet, it seems. ;) Anyway, as you know, you will definitely be missed, Tyler. :) There are lots of fond memories to look back on, and I wish you all the best.

I still can't believe that little EK is joining the Marines. :sniff:
*joins Catspaw* :sniff:
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The Marines will make EK bigger than ever before! (And it will be all muscle and spirit!)
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

*sniffles*

Bye, ek. :mecry:

Seriously, that was so unexpected. I was thinking, you know... ...well, I don't know what I was thinking. But it wasn't that. God bless your journey into your future, Tyler! \:D/

Also, you were always my favorite admin. :(
don't forget the rain.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

To be completely honest, once I got to the "I'm joining the Marines" part, I was just like, "haha, good one." Then I scrolled to the bottom of the post to see the joke disclaimer thing. But it wasn't appearing. :( So I guess we have to assume it's true. :(

I can't think of much to say, but you've done a good job being admin and mod and all ever since I joined in the midst of your SEKHA reign. Come to think of it, you left then too. I sense conspiracies. :x

But, good luck with the Marines, and... all. Yep...

:(
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Carrie Ingalls
An original

Post by Carrie Ingalls »

Hey EK..er..Tyler (I haven't been around much lately), I'm proud of you and know that I will be praying for you. It takes real guts to make a commitment like this and I have nothing but the highest respect for you. Thank you so much for your service to your country. And thank you for all your work here on the boards over the years. I pray that you will continue to grow and mature in Christ as you move into this new phase of your life.

~OrigamiKid/Carrie Ingalls
In the darkness, my thugs silently protect the girls from sketchy Bostonians
Thirteen is a prime number. I hate prime numbers. ~Trent DeWhite
OrigamiKid= Is seen working with square pieces of imported paper. ~Sarai
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

If you ever get combat duty, your awesomeness will make the enemy fall in it's tracks. \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

He wouldn't need combat duty for that. His simply being a Marine will cause all the enemy to fear and quake.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Indeed. The drill instructors will be speechless in his presence.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Ben Linus
I've been working out

Post by Ben Linus »

Waht...no...people leaving...to much sadness...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

But at the same time YEEEEEEEESSSSS for Mr. Tyler for being Marine Corps!

*Sniffle* We'll miss you lots, Mr. Tyler! Hope to see you again!
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

OXOX from Frank. It was lovely knowing you the past four years or so. :yes:
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

DanP740 wrote:Indeed. The drill instructors will be speechless in his presence.
You don't know much about drill instructors, do you? ;)

Haha.

Well, Tyler, best of luck to you. Remember, keep your ears open, your mouth shut, and your head down. ;) That's what my bro always says about the military.

God Bless.
Keep your head down.
And don't throw a grenade in the church.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

Tyler, I once wished that you would just leave the Town Hall, and never come back. Your randomosity, off-topicedness, and general disrespect (intentional or not) drove me absolutely nuts. A few years later, I can remember JF telling me "EK has changed a lot. Give him another chance." I did, and I was surprised to realize that my perspective on you was changing. Eventually I came to the point where I am today - where I can honestly say that I respect you, and I truly appreciate all that you have done for this wonderful community.

We once prayed that God would move in your life, and make clear His path to you. I'm glad to see that He has. My new prayer for your life is that God would protect you in the journey ahead, that He would help you find favor with your commanding officers, and that He would use you to point those around you to the cross.

I once wished that you would just leave the Town Hall. Now I look forward to the day that you come back to the Town of Odyssey, and share your new stories with us. Thank you Tyler, for growing up and making the ToO such an awesome(ness)™ place to be.
Not dead yet.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

Shad Lexer wrote:God Bless.
Keep your head down.
And don't throw a grenade in the church.
they shouldn't be giving him any grenades. <_<.
>_>.

But if you ever get a helicopter, don't fall off the side of the map into the ocean!!
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!