When Odyssey REALLY meets real life

This is scary!

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

When Odyssey REALLY meets real life

Post by Trixie Belden »

While browsing through the phone book at Office Depot one day, I decided to look up Odyssey names. After not finding any Whittakers, Kendalls, Meltsners or otherwise, I decided to look up the cutest guy ever, Robert Mitchell. So imagine my shock when I not only see ten Robert Mitchells, but see the entry..
...drumroll please...

...Mitchell, Robert and Connie!

And they live in my town!!! I just thought that was the coolest thing ever, and since I only have one friend who enjoys Odyssey, I had to share it with someone!
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Trixie Belden wrote:While browsing through the phone book at Office Depot one day, I decided to look up Odyssey names. After not finding any Whittakers, Kendalls, Meltsners or otherwise, I decided to look up the cutest guy ever, Robert Mitchell. So imagine my shock when I not only see ten Robert Mitchells, but see the entry..
...drumroll please...

...Mitchell, Robert and Connie!

And they live in my town!!! I just thought that was the coolest thing ever, and since I only have one friend who enjoys Odyssey, I had to share it with someone!
Just what town is this, hm? :-k Of course, it must be Nevergunnahappensville, just south of here! Because, while God's plan isn't always clear to us, it's very clear that Connie will never hear from Mitch again. :noway:

I'm going to go hide under my bed now.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Dude this is seriosuly the best two posts I've read in a long time. LOL! Totally awesome! Whats that about life imitating art...
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

I agree with Sarah, great posts.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Samitude
Pilgrim

Post by Samitude »

Off to check my phonebook!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

"Shakespeare, where is the phone book?"

"In the cupboard next to the broom closet!"

"Aah! Silly me! Of course!" ..."Shakespeare, where is the broom closet?"

"Door closest to the bathroom!"

"Yeees! In the cupboard next to the broom closet. Uhhh... phone book phone book... Ah-hah, ah-hah!"
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, that's very cool! :D Thanks for sharing that with us, Trixie! (And I used to love reading Trixie Belden books, so I love your username!) \:D/ I've never checked the phone book for AIO names, but the odds of finding such an exact match can't be that high. And Whit doesn't believe in coincidences, which means that Boswell should hide under his bed for a very, very long time. ;)
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

KODY 105 wrote:"Shakespeare, where is the phone book?"

"In the cupboard next to the broom closet!"

"Aah! Silly me! Of course!" ..."Shakespeare, where is the broom closet?"

"Door closest to the bathroom!"

"Yeees! In the cupboard next to the broom closet. Uhhh... phone book phone book... Ah-hah, ah-hah!"
I lol'd.
Catspaw wrote:And Whit doesn't believe in coincidences, which means that Boswell should hide under his bed for a very, very long time. ;)
It's okay, I've got over 200 hours of Odyssey and some pizza I forgot about to sustain me.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

That's awesome! :D Very cool!
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

:lol: That really made my day.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Boswell wrote:
Catspaw wrote:And Whit doesn't believe in coincidences, which means that Boswell should hide under his bed for a very, very long time. ;)
It's okay, I've got over 200 hours of Odyssey and some pizza I forgot about to sustain me.
That's great to know, Boswell. Good to hear you'll be able to survive down there.

That's really cool, Trixie! I have to admit, I like Mitch and Connie, so as EMBEE said, that made my day!
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Angel Bob
insert dash here

Post by Angel Bob »

*gasp* "That's not true...that's impossible!!! NOOOOOOO!"
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

no, no, no. ;) It goes like this:
Luke: that's not true...that's impossible!
Darth Vader: search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Luke: NOOOOO!!!!

Till the end of the line.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I'm going to guess that noname does not like Mitch and Connie.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

Haha, this reminds me of awhile back when I was reading our little neighborhood community newsletter, and went bug-eyed when I saw the name "Connie Kendall" on the list! :mad: She actually lives on my street. Perhaps someday I'll work up the courage to go over and introduce myself. :-
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I remember that! that was pretty cool :yes:

Till the end of the line.