Keep The Kid: #6

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which kid from the past season(s) do you want to stick around the most in the next season?

Trent DeWhite
28%
Liz Horton
No votes
Samantha McKay
3%
Grady McKay
24%
Mandy Straussberg
24%
David Straussberg
No votes
Kelly
14%
Marvin Washington
7%
Tamika Washington
No votes

Total votes: 29

Bennett
Someone's favorite

Keep The Kid: #6

Post by Bennett »

Hey,

Well, I know there's a poll kind of like this recently. But As I've mentioned in the past, I have to keep up this tradition at the start of every major season since a while now. Here was the results of the last one:
Bennett Charles wrote: Which kid from the past season(s) do you want to stick around the most in the next season, and in further seasons ahead?
Marvin Washington [ 4 ]
Tamika Washington [ 0 ]
Trent DeWhite 33% [ 12 ]
Mandy Straussberg [ 10 ]
Liz Horton 17% 17% [ 6 ]
Grady 8% 8% [ 3 ]
Max Hamton 3% [ 1 ]
Sam (Grady's brother) [ 0 ]
Now I know that these don't matter too much anymore simply because we know that a lot of kids aren't going to be coming back (if not all of them), but it's fun to see which kid was the favorite. It's like giving the Top Kid "The Golden Kid Award". It's also funny that Mandy, who has been on the list the longest...never wins. The winners have been JARED-JARED-ALEX-TRENT. Who will it be this time? Who has been the #1 favorite Kid. Let's try to get as many votes as previous years!!
Bennett wrote:As I sometimes do; I've had these types of polls at the end of each major season: Let me quote from the two remaining topics left at the TH:
Bennett Charles from the TH in 'Keep the Kid#2' wrote: Yes, I will be having these types of official, end of the season, Polls that I will be hosting. If you remember from last time, we were left with a few days before the season thinking Nathaniel, Cal, Mandy, Sarah, Liz, and Alex would return and have a fun filled season. But did that happen? Nope. Nathaniel, Cal and Sarah, got too old. Alex moved away. We were left with MAndy and Liz as our 'Still remaining Characters' Don't you just despise that?

Now, our the century of Kids before last years were, if you remember, Jared, Sarah, Dwayne, Mandy, and some of Liz and that other kid. [forget, honestly.] Yes, those were the good days.

If you remember last time, the following poll was produced:

There seems to be some new kids coming on the show. That might mean some might dissapear because they're too old. Which one would you want to hear from again the most?
Nathaniel Graham
13% [ 5 ]
Cal Jordan
16% [ 6 ]
Mandy
18% [ 7 ]
Liz
2% [ 1 ]
Alex Jefferson
37% [ 14 ]
Sarah Pratchett
8% [ 3 ]
Austin...(didn't hear much of him but I thought he was cool)
2% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 37

Now, how ironic that the person who we voted the least to return appeared the most in the season: Liz. Almost all of us like her. I remember Jared W, saying how much he d her, but now I'm sure he feels differently towards her. Liz is indeed a good character.
But now something wonderful appeared, we got visited by Jared DeWhite. We were thrilled. Very thrilled. In fact, he will probrobly get the most votes to return. Why shouldn't he? We can't keep on having different kids. And JAred still hasn't learned his lesson. Jared has been there since the beggining of the "New" series. That would be 10 albums! No one has done that good except for maybe Lucy and Jimmy! It would be a very wise choice for the writers to decide to grow with Jared.

Now, this season, we our Main kids are Marvin, Liz, Jared, Mandy, Trent, Ashley Jenkinds, and Max.

I have purposely left out Colby, because I doubt he'll be returning. And I left out Tamika because of her age [for the same reson I kleft out Bethany last time.]

But seriously guys, if Odyssey leaves out Liz and Jared. Odyssey is at it's downfall! Seriously! Don't ever get rid of these two! Especially Jared! It would be a bad move. He's been there for so long.

Alright! Let the voting begin!
The results were:
Bennett Charle's poll wrote: Kids are getting too old, moving away! More Kids Are Coming! Which Kid who has been featured this season, who you like to have reappear next season the most??
Marvin Washigton
13% [ 5 ]
Liz Horton
13% [ 5 ]
Jared DeWhite
58% [ 21 ]
Mandy
13% [ 5 ]
Trent
0% [ 0 ]
Ashley Jenkins
0% [ 0 ]
Max
0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 36
And then I had 'Keep the Kid #4. I couldn't find #3 for some reason, and unfortunatly, it didn't keep the results for that one. But I do have the results for Keep the Kid#4:
Bennett Charles from 'Keep the Kid #4' wrote:

The Results:

Which kid do you want to stick around the most in this season, and in further seasons ahead?
Marvin Washington
13% [ 4 ]
Tamika Washington
0% [ 0 ]
Trent DeWhite
10% [ 3 ]
Mandy Straussberg
10% [ 3 ]
Liz Horton
0% [ 0 ]
Jared DeWhite (teen, but counts)
41% [ 12 ]
Aubrey Shepard (teen, but counts)
24% [ 7 ]
Ashley Jenkins (not sure that she's still around but still...)
0% [ 0 ]
Max (ditto)
0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 29

Due to the fact that Jared has always been sweeping up these polls, I will not have him. Please vote; and keep the tradition alive. I find it's interesting looking back at each poll and thinking what we liked and disliked. Most of these options have appeared in the past 2 seasons:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

The tradition continues! \:D/ I had to vote for Trent - I like a number of the other kids listed, but I'm definitely the most attached to Trent. The DeWhite family seems to be pretty popular, based on the previous results! :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Well, this was clearly a no-brainer. It's rather obvious who should return next season. :noway:
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I voted for Grady because his story never ended good. Sure, his dad is back with them, but I would like to see him witness to his family, especially Samantha.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I voted for Mandy, but really, I don't care if none of them show up again.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Dasha wrote:I voted for Grady because his story never ended good.
Totally. Accidental Dilemma's ending for Jason was terrific, but they completely forgot to give Grady a good ending. Out of all the characters listed, he's the only one who could have a future on the show.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I voted for Trent, because I LOVE THAT KID (TEENAGER; whatever), but I also love Grady and Kelly.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Smaug the Dragon
If posts were pigs...

Post by Smaug the Dragon »

I briefly thought of voting for Marvin, because seriously, that kid cracks me up. But then I thought about it and figured the chances of him returning are not great, seeing as we were definitly told that the Washingtons are not returning... So I voted for Trent instead.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

It was a close one between Mandy and Trent, but instead of jumping on the bandwagon, I went with Mandy. :yes:
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

I picked Kelly cause I think out of all the kids there, she's been in the least amount of episodes, and she deserves to be in more! :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Trent DeWhite, report to the Commandante's Nietchew's office immediately!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
TigerintheShadows

Oh, is that what she said? Between the German accent and the intercom thing, I couldn't understand a word other than "Trent DeWhite" and "immediately."
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I think that's what she said. I haven't heard the episode in a while.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
TigerintheShadows

I've heard it so many times I can't count them all--it's one of my favorites.

It sounds like she says "colonelstacht" or something.

Weird how imaginary dictators often have German accents...
AIO tumblr sideblog
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

I just listened to that episode recently, and yes, that is what she said. :) It was hard for me to choose between Kelly, Mandy, Trent and Grady, but I decided to choose Grady because, well, I think that out of those four, his story is the one that most deserves to be finished. But I do hope that they will finish all of them.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
TigerintheShadows

I'm not sure how much I really like Grady--he's okay, but I think his character could have been done better.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Wow...so, the votes seem to be slowing down. I don't know how I feel about crowning Trent with the "Best Kid" Award for a 2nd time. Grady was fine, but I think the person who deserves it all these years is Mandy, for 1)being around so long, 2)enduring so much, and 3) really developing and growing...and well, I'll miss her.

So, whoever hasn't voted yet, I'd encourage you not to be influenced by what the results already are. But just go by what you really think was your favorite. I'm surprised by how many votes Kelly has gotten, considering how new-ish she was.

Ben
TigerintheShadows

I think they all should be kept, but for the sake of my family's sanity, let's hope Jordan Orr's voice get's deeper--I personally know it's not his fault, but my insane brother can't get over the annoyingness of his voice. It's like Corey Padnos before his voice changed at, what, seventeen?

I like Grady, though--his story was awesome! And Kelly's storyline could stand to be continued further, too.
AIO tumblr sideblog