Questions for Catspaw

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Is it discriminatory against redheads to imagine Grady has read hair...? ;) I'm totally not racist... I know and love a lot of African-American and Caucasian people! :D

And yes, I know you were kidding. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

There's a few random AIO people that I think of as African-American even though their actors aren't. There's also some characters voiced by African-Americans that I visualize as white. That's the beauty of imagination. ;)
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Catspaw, why did you let gambling and satanic events into the ToO.

Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

I think the satanic events went out with the word "haunted." So no need to worry.

As for gambling, well, it's a contest that requires a fee, so no evilness there either.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.

Post by 31899 »

Pseudonym wrote:I think the satanic events went out with the word "haunted." So no need to worry.

As for gambling, well, it's a contest that requires a fee, so no evilness there either.
Would you tell Jesus that, buying a lottery ticket is not gambling?

Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

It's not a lottery ticket - it's a ToO ticket! \:D/

And if you just don't like the ToO because it's evil... \:D/
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

31899 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:I think the satanic events went out with the word "haunted." So no need to worry.

Would you tell Jesus that, buying a lottery ticket is not gambling?

1. I don't partake in the "lottery" because I don't feel like wasting my money.
2. If Jesus said "You think buying this ticket on the ToO is sinful?" I'd be like... "No." I'd certainly be open to discussion about it with Him, naturally.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

31899 wrote:Catspaw, why did you let gambling and satanic events into the ToO.

Gambling is a broad term. Yes, you could call the ToO's contest gambling, because you spend money with the hopes of making more. But it isn't real money, and it's just for fun. Nobody is losing their grocery money or getting addicted to VLTs. Lots of churches and charitable organizations have raffles and such where you buy a ticket in the hopes of winning a prize. Is that gambling? Again, it could be called gambling, but the point is to make a donation and have some fun, not to do anything extreme. I have yet to see any harm come from the ToO's contest, and it's been around since the beginning, well over four years ago.

As for satanic events, I think you might have some misinformation. :) Click here to read Tyler's thread about the ToO Mystery Mansion. I think that's what you were referring to. There's nothing evil or satanic taking place, just some good old-fashioned ToO fun! \:D/
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

Do you find 31899's signature just a bit extreme?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Johnny wrote:Do you find 31899's signature just a bit extreme?
People have a right to their opinion. We won't all agree about everything. I think it's distasteful to insult people for their earnest opinions just because one's own opinion differs.

Post by 31899 »

As for satanic events, I think you might have some misinformation. :) Click here to read Tyler's thread about the ToO Mystery Mansion. I think that's what you were referring to. There's nothing evil or satanic taking place, just some good old-fashioned ToO fun! \:D/
I was more referring to event and halloween based events.

The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Do you think 31899's signature isn't extreme enough?
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

31899 wrote:
I was more referring to event and halloween based events.

It's a Halloween alternative event, like what lots of churches have. :) Except this one is on the ToO! \:D/ Nobody is being forced to participate, so if you or anybody else don't like it, you don't have to be a part of it. Other people are looking forward to having some fun with it, and they are free to do so, just like you're free to do whatever you want to do. :)
The Top Crusader wrote:Do you think 31899's signature isn't extreme enough?
I wouldn't say that, but if you do, that's fine. :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

IT ISN'T EXTREME ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Why are so many ToOers leaving? :( Will you leave next? :mecry: Can you cheer me up some how?
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Sapphire wrote:Why are so many ToOers leaving? :( Will you leave next? :mecry: Can you cheer me up some how?
Aww, that's just the way life is sometimes. People have different commitments and callings that take them away from the ToO at times. The good news is that they do come back sometimes! Plus there are lots of other great ToOers left. :D I don't think that I will be the next to leave, so no worries there! \:D/ To cheer you up, I will tell you my all-time favourite lame joke! Warning: this joke is indeed very lame. But I always laugh anyway! \:D/

Q. What's green and has wheels?

A.
Grass - I was lying about the wheels!
And one more for good measure:

Q. Why do waiters like gorillas better than flies?

A.
Have you ever heard anybody say, "Waiter, there's a gorilla in my soup"?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Why did you lie to me? :mecry:
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Catspaw wrote:
Sapphire wrote:Why are so many ToOers leaving? :( Will you leave next? :mecry: Can you cheer me up some how?
Aww, that's just the way life is sometimes. People have different commitments and callings that take them away from the ToO at times. The good news is that they do come back sometimes! Plus there are lots of other great ToOers left. :D I don't think that I will be the next to leave, so no worries there! \:D/ To cheer you up, I will tell you my all-time favourite lame joke! Warning: this joke is indeed very lame. But I always laugh anyway! \:D/

Q. What's green and has wheels?

A.
And one more for good measure:

Q. Why do waiters like gorillas better than flies?

A.
Have you ever heard anybody say, "Waiter, there's a gorilla in my soup"?
Thanks for the jokes! :D
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Chandler wrote:Why did you lie to me? :mecry:
You will have to be more specific. Or save the nonsense for private messaging, or the privacy of your own head. :-

You are most welcome for the jokes, Sapphire! :D
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw wrote:
Chandler wrote:Why did you lie to me? :mecry:
You will have to be more specific. Or save the nonsense for private messaging, or the privacy of your own head. :-
I think she's talking about this... \:D/
Catspaw wrote:Q. What's green and has wheels?

A.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait