Phineas and Ferb

That lovely new cartoon show...

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Phineas and Ferb

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Discuss.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, that's pretty vague. Are you trying to decide if you should watch it, or looking for fellow fans, or some other secretive reason that cannot be publicly disclosed? ;) I saw an episode or two a while ago. I found it mildly amusing but not very interesting or impressive, as evidenced by how I didn't watch it more. ;) Obviously I'm older than their target audience, but there are other (older) Disney shows that I'm above the target age range for that I find amusing and enjoyable. This wasn't one of them. It wasn't awful, but it was pretty forgettable for me.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I've never watched it and have no plans to start now. The Disney Channel's programming has gotten very lame, so I spend no time watching anymore.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My brother loves the show. He drives me crazy singing their theme song. I only watch it when there is nothing else on television worth watching.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I saw a commercial for it once...it looked...um...like something that I would never dream of watching. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I love Phineas and Ferb. It's hysterical! Phineas and Ferb are both very imaginative boys. :lol:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
TigerintheShadows

Actually, Catspaw, I thought it was pretty straightforward, but oh well.

I watch that show. A LOT. It's not a fave, but it beats Spongebob. I watched the Cliptastic Countdown a few nights ago, and I could not get those songs out of my head.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

TigerintheShadows wrote:Actually, Catspaw, I thought it was pretty straightforward, but oh well.

I watch that show. A LOT. It's not a fave, but it beats Spongebob. I watched the Cliptastic Countdown a few nights ago, and I could not get those songs out of my head.
I think that in general any one-word sentence could qualify as vague, but maybe that's just me. ;)

I saw an episode with a song (there was some band that the older sister loved and she got to perform a song with them after winning a contest or something) and the song was quite catchy! :D
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Perry the Platypus pwns.
TigerintheShadows

Catspaw wrote:
TigerintheShadows wrote:Actually, Catspaw, I thought it was pretty straightforward, but oh well.

I think that in general any one-word sentence could qualify as vague, but maybe that's just me. ;)

I saw an episode with a song (there was some band that the older sister loved and she got to perform a song with them after winning a contest or something) and the song was quite catchy! :D
I can't remember the episode name, but the song title you're thinking of is "Ready for the Bettys." It is catchy!

And Elrohir...truer words on the subject of PAF were never spoken.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

TigerintheShadows wrote:
Catspaw wrote:

I can't remember the episode name, but the song title you're thinking of is "Ready for the Bettys." It is catchy!
The Betty brake broke!
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I love that show!!! For everyone who thinks they're too old for Disney cartoons, think again. This show is hilarious and original; they always manage to put a new spin on all of their own episode clichés and references, which I think is absolutely hilarious.

And Perry the Platypus is so awesome. :inlove:
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The show's producers have a long history working on The Simpson's and Family Guy. They left Family Guy to produce this show. The goal of the show was to create humor that did not revolve around the characters being idiots and to use other underused themes, like musical numbers, a platypus, step-brothers, characters that don't speak or say very little, etc. They had been trying to pitch it for 16 years before the Senior Vice President of Original Series at Disney Channel gave them a shot since he is a Family Guy fan. It was always denied before because executives thought it was too complex for kids. You can see some similarities in the character designs to the designs on Family Guy.
Last edited by Elrohir on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Love it. My kids love it, mostly the 6 year old. It's the only Disney Channel show that doesn't make my husband cringe. We saw it lots this summer, but less now. And I get the songs stuck in my head all the time... I've had "my goody two shoes brother, the favorite of my mother, he's the one I want to smother..." in my head since Elohir changed his Facebook pic yesterday. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I watched about five minutes of it and nearly threw up.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

Scarecrow wrote:I watched about five minutes of it and nearly threw up.
What kind of inner child do you have?! :x
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Obviously none. :noway:
Wonder what episode was good enough to induce vomit? \:D/
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel

Post by Amethystic »

darcie wrote:Obviously none. :noway:
Wonder what episode was good enough to induce vomit? \:D/
The two parter where Candice causes a time paradox was pretty awesome. \:D/
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Speaking of getting songs stuck in your head...
Last edited by Elrohir on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

:noway: I have plenty of inner child. That's how I pulled out my old Dragon Tales PS1 game to play because I was deathly bored and had nothing better to do with my life. =P

Buut... The animation just looks... :shrugs:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein